Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your reviews! Sorry you were disappoined in Chefs we're eating there in a few weeks so I'm hoping the food improves by then! I've never been and really want to give it a try!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #47
msce2
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you for the picture of the crab claw on your hand. I've seen lots of pictures of the claws but never realized how BIG they were!!

I'm glad you had a good experience at 'Ohana's. Someday I may have to give them another try.

Thank you!

Me(31) DH(33) DS(11) DD(7) DS(4)

AKV - Jan 2011
BLT - June 2010
BCV - May 2009
BCV - May 2003
msce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #48
mothermouse
Mouseketeer

love your pictures- fultons looked really good , always wanted to try it. i will now. ohana's looked good also. sorry about france
mothermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #49
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Oh, no! I always thought the macaroni at Chefs looked so delicious. So sad that it was mushy for you. Maybe they just happened to overcook the pasta that day??

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #50
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Yak and Yeti looks really good!
We both really loved Yak and Yeti and we will probably return there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsGoofyMitchell View Post
Congratulations on your wedding!

Great reviews and GREAT pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermouse View Post
congrats on your wedding, your dress is pretty. the food looks yummy, i'm subbing
Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
Great reviews!!!

Congrats!!!! On your wedding|!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1125 View Post
Love the reviews and sorry about Chefs de France
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I enjoyed your reviews and pictures!
Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwflkCts View Post
Loving your reviews. I am stuffed just reading about all the food options you had! DH and you make a very cute couple.

I thought the moose at LeCellier was cake too! -- thanks for telling me that tidbit. And I was glad to see the pics of 'Ohana. We usually eat at Kona but 'Ohana was the first meal we had in WDW in 2006 and DH and I decided to eat there again. (The menu has changed since 2006 though). Everything looked good and I can't wait.
We want to try Kona on our next trip. I hope it will be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
just joining in. Congrats on your wedding, your dress is gorgeous!!!
Loving your reviews, can't wait to see more
Thanks pinkxray

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great reviews and pictures! We had a reservation for Tony's that we cancelled when I could get an online reservation for Ohana, which we did not enjoy like you did! We definitely want to try it on our next trip, though.
Too bad you didn't enjoy Ohana's, hopefully it will be better on your next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingisplastic View Post
You look beautiful in your dress! Thanks for sharing your pictures and reviews!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Oh man do we love Fultons! We ate there a few days before you and DH had the king crab claws, they were humongous! Last year they gave us the chocolate raspberry cake and it was fresh and moist and wonderful but every review since then has been just like yours, very dry and ick.

I did a Chefs lunch in June and it was great, the quiche was excellent but when we went back in Oct for dinner it was horrible, no way would we go back for dinner again,

Love the review, excellent pics! Keep up the good work!
We both really loved Fulton's and it will have to be a repeat on next trips. The Chocolate Raspberry cake sounds a lot better than the dry chocolate cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanatic316 View Post
Enjoying your reviews! Sorry you were disappoined in Chefs we're eating there in a few weeks so I'm hoping the food improves by then! I've never been and really want to give it a try!
I've read a lot of good reviews of chefs, don't be turned off just based on our not so good experience. Everyone has different tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msce2 View Post
Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you for the picture of the crab claw on your hand. I've seen lots of pictures of the claws but never realized how BIG they were!!

I'm glad you had a good experience at 'Ohana's. Someday I may have to give them another try.

Thank you!
The claws were a lot bigger than I had anticipated. They were really filling too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermouse View Post
love your pictures- fultons looked really good , always wanted to try it. i will now. ohana's looked good also. sorry about france
Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Oh, no! I always thought the macaroni at Chefs looked so delicious. So sad that it was mushy for you. Maybe they just happened to overcook the pasta that day??
That's what I'm guessing, because there are more good reviews than bad reviews about the macaroni.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
vikkii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #51
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

Nice reviews with really good pics ! Thanks !!

(Oh, and I know you keep hearing it, but I have to say it again...)

Your wedding dress looked *fabulous* !!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Joshua_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #52
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

day 7

The next morning we had 8:05am reservations at the Crystal Palace. We were seated at 8:00am.

Here was my first plate

and this was Denis first plate

Here is Denis second plate

and here is my second plate. The puffed french toast were sooo good I had to get another one.

After seeing me eat 2 puffed french toast, Denis decided to take a bite off mine and he couldn't believe how good it was. Usually when I tell him to try something, he doesn't like it. So when I told him to try the french toast he didn't want to. Well he wanted to eat one, but was too full and complained about it for the next 10 minutes. Poor muffin, next time he'll listen to the wife.

The characters then went by, here are a few with them

Then our server came to our table with a little surprise. A cupcake and a card signed by everyone.

We toured the MK that morning and at around 2pm we were in fantasyland and decided to go to the Pinocchio village haus.

I had the pepperoni pizza and side salad

It was ok. Not terrible, but not great either.

Denis had the chicken nuggets

For dessert we both had the strawberry cheesecake

again it was ok.

That night we had dinner reservations at 7pm at 1900 Park Fare.

Here was my plate.

I remember I had ceasar salad, rice, salmon, stir fried beef and some sort of macaroni. Everything was good except the macaroni, I took one bite and left the rest on the plate. I would of loved to get seconds, but I was full

Here is Denis plate, we don't remember everything he had.

and the strawberry soup

I had a taste of the soup and thought it was good. Denis loved it and cleaned the bowl.

Here is Denis plate of dessert

and here is mine

I don't really remember what was what. The desserts were ok, but a lot of them looked better than they tasted.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 11-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #53
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

day 8 - a small disaster

So today we had a slight setback. It happened later in the day, so you'll have to read to find out what happened.

Ok so we sarted day 8 with breakfast at the Artist Palette. I had the breakfast flatbread

This was really good. I actually had it the next 3 mornings. This is the only picture I took of it, so I won't include it in the next days of reviews.

Denis had the bounty platter.

He said it was good, his only complaint was that the potatoes weren't cooked enough.

After breakfast, we headed to Hollywood studios for ropedrop. For lunch we had 11:35am reservation at Sci-fi Dine in. We both loved the theme of this restaurant and regardless of the bad reviews it sometimes gets for the food, we both enjoyed the food. It wasn't the greatest, but the atmosphere made up for it.

We could get the milkshakes as our drinks, so of course we did. I had the oreo shake.

It was really good.

Denis had the strawberry shake.

He said it was really good too.

For our entrees, we both had the ribs. They were ok, there was a lot of fat on them. We had better ribs at Yak n' Yeti and even at the Pepper Market.

For dessert I had the chocolate peanut butter cake.

This was soo good. The cake was warm with a light peanut butter center with ice cream on top and nuts.

Denis had the Cheesecake

He really liked it especially the caramel corn on it.

Then our server offered to take our picture in our little car.

We stayed at DHS until about 7pm, then we took the friendship boats to the Beach club for our 7:35pm dinner at Cape May Cafe.

Here is my first plate

I didn't really care for anything on my plate. So I finished it off and went to get some shellfish.

Here is Denis plate.

He really liked everything on his plate.

Then I went and got a bucket full of snow crab.

I ate it all, it was soo good.

Then Denis went for a second plate.

Then we got a bucket of mussels and clams that we shared

The mussels and clams were really good.

Then we both had dessert. Here is Denis plate.

And here is my plate

I remember the desserts being really good, but I was soo full I couldn't finish them.

Overall, we loved Cape May. This was our favorite buffet of the whole trip.

So you might be wondering what happened. Well if you notice the picture with Denis' desserts, he had his wedding band on, well once we got on the bus to head back to DTD, he noticed he no longer had it on.

Before we got to DTD and headed back to Cape May, it took about an hour. Denis had gone to the bathroom to wash his hands and they were real handtowels you used to wipe your hands. He figured that's where he lost it. He thinks it slipped off when he wiped his hands. When we got back to the restaurant we looked everywhere and Denis went to check the basket, but they had emptied the dirty towels. We spoke to the restaurant manager who took down our information and she was going to check where they brought the towels.

So we headed back to our resort at like 11pm with no ring. Once we got to our room, we had a voicemail from her and they had gone thru everything at textiles and no one found the ring. We filled out a lost and found card at the Beach Club, but I think it's long gone. Oh well, it last about a week and a half.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 11-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #54
SnwflkCts
I wanna go back ... when can I go back???

Oh my!!! I am so sorry to hear about the lost ring!

Rings and bathrooms can be a problem - you want to take them off to wipe your hands so it is easy to forget them. Plus your DH wasn't quite used to it yet!

Tell him NEXT time the ring goes in his nose!!!!!!!!! (just teasing)

I'm glad you are taking it in stride - I've been married 24 years and much worse can happen ... plus all the good stuff too!!!!!!!!!!!
DH, me, DCats: Maddie (12), Peanut Butter (12), Jelly Bean (7), Snowflake RIP 1/2010@19 yrs & Baby Button@2 yrs in 11/2011 - Feb 06 Poly; Nov 06 Poly (21st Wedding Ann.); Feb 09 Poly; Feb 10 Poly Second Dining Report 2/07/2010 thru 2/12/2010
SnwflkCts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 AM   #55
msce2
DIS Veteran

Cape May Cafe looks awesome! I've heard so many negative reviews, but how can you mess up snow crab legs? As long as they have those and mussels, I would be really happy.

Sorry about DH's ring! This weekend we just purchased DH's 3rd ring. This time we got him one that was on sale at Kmart. Not spending the big bucks anymore! We also got it a 1/2 size smaller, hoping that maybe it will stay where it's supposed to this time.

Me(31) DH(33) DS(11) DD(7) DS(4)

AKV - Jan 2011
BLT - June 2010
BCV - May 2009
BCV - May 2003
msce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #56
wishspirit
When you wish upon a star!
I am a shy girl who loves to laugh!
Im just greedy i suppose!

Fantastic reviews!

I often find that Disney deserts look a lot better than they turn out to be, I am glad you found so many you liked!

I am so sorry about DH's wedding ring! These things happen I guess, but it's still annoying!

wishspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #57
disneyloverforchrist
Mouseketeer

loving all the reviews! i cant see the pictures here at work so i wanted to sub in to see this beautiful dress i have been reading so much about

1989---FIRST TRIP Contemporary Resort
Several trips in early 90's staying off site ; 1998---Yacht Club Resort
December 2006---AKL for HONEYMOON, December 2007---Pop Century for Girls Trip! DS was in my belly and kicking for the first time!,December 2008---All Star Music with DH, DS, my mom, my dad , and my brother. , December 2009---POFQ with the hubby for our anniversary January 2011---FIRST trip as DVC owners!!!! May 2012---First trip with my in-laws

Disney Lover For Christ
disneyloverforchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #58
klacey1
DIS Veteran

So sorry about the ring!

Mmmmm those clams at Cape May looked delish!

September 2013: PTR, TR, Dining Report
August 2011: PTR, TR, Dining Report
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #59
DjdBrit
DIS Veteran

Just found your review and enjoying that you give no nonsense honest thoughts on what you did and didn't like

Sorry about your Hubbys ring Hope it gets found

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: