Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #31
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Yak and Yeti looks really good!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #32
MrsGoofyMitchell
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your wedding!

Great reviews and GREAT pictures!

Whaaaat? We're going to Mickey's House???
MrsGoofyMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #33
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Day 4

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA, I was gone on training for work for the last 2 weeks. So I'm ready to resume and finish this report now.

So day 4 started by us checking out of CSR and heading to Downtown Disney. We had lunch at Planet Hollywood before heading to SSR to check in there.

I know this place gets mixed, or even mediocre reviews, but all in all it wasn't bad.

For appetizers I had the parmesan spinach dip. It was just meh... It left a lot to be desired and lacked in taste

Denis had the Potato skins and we both thought they were ok. It was you're normal pub food.

For our entrees I had the shrimp alfredo and it was really good. I was pleasantly surprised because the appetizers weren't that great.

Denis had the BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger. He thought it was good and loved the size of the burger. It was thick.

For desert we got the strawberry cheesecake which serves 2. It was good, but nothing spectacular.

Overall we liked Planet Hollywood, but it isn't likely to be a return restaurant on future trips.

After checking at SSR we got ready and went back to DTD and saw La Nouba. It was wonderful, then we headed to the Poly for dinner reservations at Ohana.

I know there are thousands of Ohana pictures out there, but here are a few of ours,

the sauces and salad

the pot stickers

the wings

the veggies

our overall table filled with food

Our server with the shrimp

the bread pudding with a cupcake we got for it being our honeymoon

Overall this was our favorite place. We got to see hallowishes from our table and it's nice that they sub-in the music during the fireworks. The entertainment was great, they made us kiss for our cupcake. And the food was soooo good. We will definitely return here.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
vikkii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #34
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Day 5 - Dinner at Fulton's

Day 5 was the Saturday of Columbus day weekend and we decided to head to SeaWorld for the day. We ate breakfast at the Artist Palette, the CS at SSR.

We both had the croissant sandwich with bacon. They weren't bad, normal breakfast food.

Here are our drinks.

We ended up eating lunch at SeaWorld and I don't have a picture of that. Let me just say it wasn't worth taking a picture, the food was awful.

We got back at SSR at around 5pm and headed over to DTD. Our reservation was only for 9:30pm, but went at around 5:30pm and we were seated right away.

Here is the bread and crackers with crab dip. This was very good.

We decided to share an entree and ordered the calamari. It was really good.

For our entrees I had the Alaskan King Crab Claws. They came with red skin potatos, which I'm not a fan of. So I substituded those for asparagus.

I had 6 big claws. They were almost the size of my hand

Denis had the Alaskan King Crab Legs. These were also really good.

Then our server came out and gave us a complimentary dessert for our honeymoon.

Let's just say, I'm glad I didn't pay for the cake. It was really dry and probably left overs from the day before. But, besides the cake, the rest was amazing and this will definitely be another place we will return to.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 11-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #35
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Day 6

The next day, we didn't have any plans. We slept in and didn't eat breakfast. We headed to the pool at around 10pm and went to the artist palette for lunch at around 1pm. I didn't have my camera so no pictures of lunch.

I had the Chicken and Artichoke Flatbread. It was really good, but I'm not a huge fan of artichokes and there were huge pieces of it. So I just picked them off and then it was really good.

Denis had the Smith Stack. It's basically a big Deli Sandwich stacked with luncheon meat. It didn't really look good, but he said he enjoyed it. I forget what we had for desserts, but I remember there not being any left, so they must have been good.

After lunch we got ready and headed over to DHS to catch Fantasmic that night. We didn't have any reservations for dinner so we went to Backlot Express.

We both had the Double Cheeseburgers which were good, nothing special.

For dessert I had the marble cheesecake which I found was really good. Although I don't think I've ever had any bad cheesecake.

Denis had the Strawberry Parfait and he didn't really care for it, but ate it all anyways.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 11-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #36
mothermouse
Mouseketeer

congrats on your wedding, your dress is pretty. the food looks yummy, i'm subbing
mothermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #37
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Day 7

Today was our second day at Epcot and we were going to do the world showcase. We didnt' eat breakfast again today. We slept in until about 10am. Then we headed to Epcot to make our 12pm reservation at Les Chefs de France.

Let's say I was really looking forward to this place and was extremely disappointed. We both thought this was the worst meal of the whole trip.

We both ordered off the Prix fixe menu, which gave us appetizers.

We both got the lobster bisque. I found it was bland compared to the little taste we had at the Coral Reef.

For my entree I had the Macaroni au Gratin. It wasn't as good as I was expecting. A lot of people on here like it, but I didn't. The macaroni was cooked too much and was mushy.

Denis had the Croque Monsieur, which is just a fancy name for a grilled cheese sandwich with ham in it. This is one of the few things he didn't finish, and not because he was full, but because he didn't care for it, which is weird because he usually eats anything. Oh and he didn't like the salad either, he said the dressing was awful.

For dessert I had the creme brulee. I was looking forward to this, but again was disappointed. It wasn't bad, but I guess I had high expectations after the wonderful creme brulee at Tony's. It just wasn't in the same league. The one at Tony's was a thousand times better.

Denis had the Profiteroles au chocolat and once again he didn't even finish it. The little pastries were sooo dry it made the whole dessert awful. I even had a bite and it was really dry.

Our whole meal just wasn't up to par with every other place we had been. This was the worst meal we had. The only plus was we got to see Remy.

We surely won't be returning here.

For dinner we had reservations at 6pm at Teppan Edo. At around 3pm we were done touring the World showcase and we both didn't really want to go back for dinner. So we went back to SSR and I called and cancelled our dinner reservation. We both got ready and went over to the Turf Club, the table service restaurant at SSR.

We both had the New York strip steak topped with crab meat and grain mustard. We both subbed the potatoes for fries. This was really good, I was surprised the steak was as good as it was.

For dessert I had the New York style Cheesecake. Once again, it was cheesecake, so it was good.

Denis had the apple pie and he said it was good. He cleaned his plate, so it must have been good.

Overall we really liked this place. It's not a restaurant you would go out of your way to go to, but if we stay at SSR again, we might eat here again.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 11-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #38
weswife
DIS Veteran

Great reviews!!!

Congrats!!!! On your wedding|!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #39
pixiedust1125
Mouseketeer

Love the reviews and sorry about Chefs de France
Old 11-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #40
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your reviews and pictures!
belle8306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #41
SnwflkCts
I wanna go back ... when can I go back???

Loving your reviews. I am stuffed just reading about all the food options you had! DH and you make a very cute couple.

I thought the moose at LeCellier was cake too! -- thanks for telling me that tidbit. And I was glad to see the pics of 'Ohana. We usually eat at Kona but 'Ohana was the first meal we had in WDW in 2006 and DH and I decided to eat there again. (The menu has changed since 2006 though). Everything looked good and I can't wait.
DH, me, DCats: Maddie (12), Peanut Butter (12), Jelly Bean (7), Snowflake RIP 1/2010@19 yrs & Baby Button@2 yrs in 11/2011 - Feb 06 Poly; Nov 06 Poly (21st Wedding Ann.); Feb 09 Poly; Feb 10 Poly Second Dining Report 2/07/2010 thru 2/12/2010
SnwflkCts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #42
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

just joining in. Congrats on your wedding, your dress is gorgeous!!!
Loving your reviews, can't wait to see more
Old 11-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #43
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great reviews and pictures! We had a reservation for Tony's that we cancelled when I could get an online reservation for Ohana, which we did not enjoy like you did! We definitely want to try it on our next trip, though.
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #44
everythingisplastic
Earning My Ears

You look beautiful in your dress! Thanks for sharing your pictures and reviews!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #45
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Oh man do we love Fultons! We ate there a few days before you and DH had the king crab claws, they were humongous! Last year they gave us the chocolate raspberry cake and it was fresh and moist and wonderful but every review since then has been just like yours, very dry and ick.

I did a Chefs lunch in June and it was great, the quiche was excellent but when we went back in Oct for dinner it was horrible, no way would we go back for dinner again,

Love the review, excellent pics! Keep up the good work!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: