Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyDisneyMom View Post
Congrats and good luck with your marriage!!!! That oreo cake looks FABULOUS!!! Can't wait to read more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby93 View Post
Congratulations! Hope u had a great honeymoon!! I look forward to reading your dining reviews.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GovieMom View Post
Congrats on the wedding, and thanks for the wonderful reviews so far. Your pictures are HUUUUUGE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Congrats to a beautiful couple! Cant wait for more! We really enjoy Pepper Market and Tonys, so far your reviews are a hit with me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
Congratulations on getting married!! Your dress is beautiful! My DH and I honeymooned at WDW 8 years ago (I can't believe it has been that long). Most recently in June we stayed at CSR. I am really enjoying your reviews!
Thanks everyone for reading along.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
vikkii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Day 2 Oct. 7 - lunch at Coral Reef and dinner at Le Cellier

On our second day we were heading to Epcot for ropedrop. Since we were out late the night before because of MNSSHP, we didn't eat breakfast before heading out to EPCOT.
After riding Soarin', we stopped at Sunshine Seasons and used up some snack credits for breakfast.

I had a banana muffin

Denis had a blueberry muffin

And we both had orange juice

The muffins were good, nothing to rave about. It filled the hole in our stomach.

Then for lunch we had an 12:35pm ADR at Coral Reef. We got there a little early at 12:05pm and were seated right away. I also noticed they were accepting walk ups with about a 10 minute wait.

We ordered the appetizer for 2 which consisted of crab cakes (half eaten in the picture), grilled shrimp, BBQ beef skewer and creamy lobster soup. Everything here was really good.

For entrees, I had the Grilled Mahi Mahi, it was my first time eating Mahi Mahi, and I really enjoyed it.

Denis had the Trout with a white bean salad. He loved the fish, but didn't care for the salad at all. In fact I remember him saying it tasted like feet.

For dessert, we both had the Chocolate Wave. This was heavenly. It was sooo good.

For dinner that night, we had an ADR at Le Cellier for 6:05pm. We got there at 5:45 and were seated by 5:50pm.

They started us off with the bread. They were all good, but the pretzel one was the best.

For appetizers, I got the mussels. They were alright, but I can make better mussels at home.

Denis had the ceasar salad. I took a bite and can honestly say it is the best ceasar salad I ever tasted. It was sooo good. I wanted to trade for my mussels.

For my entree, I had the filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes instead of the risotto. Thanks to everyone's reviews here for helping me make my choice. It was really good. The cream cheese mashed potatoes were the best potatoes I ever ate.

Denis had the New York strip with potatoes au gratin. He said it was the best steak he had the whole trip.

For dessert I had the Chocolate Mousse. In the pictures I had seen, I thought the moose's body was made of chocolate cake. I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be actual chocolate mousse. This was very good, but I couldn't finish it all, because I was soo full.

Denis had the apple tart. He loves apple anything, as you'll see as the review goes on. He says it was really good.

Up next... day 3 with reviews from Donald's Safari Breakfast, lunch at Yak n' Yeti and dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
dapoteete
Mouseketeer

Subscribing. Can't wait to try the Pistachio Crème Brule at the Wishes Dessert Party.
Congratulations
Grew up in San Diego, many many trips to Disneyland, moved to WA State in 1992 and went back in '95, '97, '99, '03, '05,'08 August '10.Won a car during the 30th aniversary celebration on 9/28/85WDW with DD14 at the time in 2001, off property
WDW with DM(mom)60, Jan 2009 for my birthday (best birthday ever), off property
WDW December 2009 with mom and sister, Pop Century
dapoteete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #19
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Still loving your glorious reviews and pictures!
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #20
binkytell
DIS Veteran

congrats to you both, your dress is beautiful.

loving your reviews
Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #21
Disneyof3
Mother of my 3 angels, heaven blessed me!!!!!
So it was me who had to take the plunge

Congratulations!!! I love your dress. Signing up and can't wait for more reviews.
WDW12/13
Disneyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #22
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapoteete View Post
Subscribing. Can't wait to try the Pistachio Crème Brule at the Wishes Dessert Party.
Congratulations
I would have loved to do the Wishes Party, it sounds so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovieMom View Post
Still loving your glorious reviews and pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
congrats to you both, your dress is beautiful.

loving your reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyof3 View Post
Congratulations!!! I love your dress. Signing up and can't wait for more reviews.
Thanks everyone, I hope you keep enjoying the rest of the review.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lesson learned: Do not go get your hair cut and colored and come home hungry and read food reviews. My favorite -- pretzel bread and the filet with cream cheese mashed potatos. Time to go throw a sandwich together.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

Day 3 - Donald's breakfast, Yak n' Yeti lunch and WCC dinner

Hi everyone,
Our 3rd day was spent at Animal Kingdom. I made reservations at Tusker House for Donald's Safari Breakfast at 8:30am. I was hoping to get an 8:05am reservation, but couldn't.

We got to the bus stop at 7:30am and as soon as we got there, the bus for AK arrived. So we actually got at AK at about 7:55am. So we headed to the Tusker House and we were seated right at 8:00am which turned out great.

This was Denis' plate. Since we had lunch and dinner reservations today, we both decided we would only hit the buffet once each. So we each only had one plate.

Here was my plate.

Then the characters came around and here are a few pictures we took with them.

For lunch we had a 2pm ADR at Yak n' Yeti. At around 12:30pm we were both a little hungry so we stopped by to see if we could get seated earlier. We didn't wait at all and we were seated right away.

For appetizers we shared the egg rolls and the pork pot stickers. Both of these were really good, but the egg rolls were better. They were soo much better than the egg rolls at local chinese places.

For our entrees, we both had the baby back ribs. These were the best ribs I thought, but Denis still thought the ones at Pepper Market were better.

For dessert Denis had the Sorbet trio. He had never eaten sorbet and didn't really care for it. He thought it would be more like ice cream.

I had the fried wontons, these were just as good as everyone had mentionned.

For dinner, we had a 7:50pm reservation. We got to the Wilderness lodge at around 7:20pm, we were both still full from lunch, so we hung around the lobby and toured the resort until 7:50pm.

For appetizers, we shared the western chips and dip and the barbecue pork spring rolls. The chips and dip were sooo good, we cleaned the whole plate. The spring rolls were good too, but didn't compare to the chips and dip.

We both got milkshakes as our drinks, which was included in the dining plan

Denis got the skillet and barely made a dent in it. He got salad to start and then the skillet.

I was too full to even attempt the skillet, although it looked really good. So I decided on the Whiskey Maple Glazed trout. It was really good, better than the trout Denis had at the Coral Reef.

For dessert Denis ordered the Apple Caramel pie and I ordered the Deep-Dish Bourbon Pecan pie. I forgot to take a picture right away, so here is the picture of when we were done with dessert. We barely took 2 bites off each pie.

Up next... Day 4 with lunch at Planet Hollywood and dinner at Ohana.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #25
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

You were a beautiful bride. Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #26
LMO429
DIS Veteran

loving your dining report im hungry now

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #27
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! Can't wait to read more!

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #28
goodfood4ursoul
DIS Veteran

stomach is growling... thanks!

I was doing well until I saw all your pictures!
Now I'm craving steak and fish!!!

yep
goodfood4ursoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #29
IZHAYMAMA
Mouseketeer

Great job so far! Can't wait to hear more!

Next trip- December 2014
IZHAYMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #30
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

You are rocking through your reviews, lady! Great pics, really enjoying -- can't wait for more!

ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: