Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer

Pirates League for girls???Pictures???

I was thinking of doing the Pirates League for my 7 year old DD, but can't find too much info on it. She's done BBB twice. I think she would really like to be dressed up like a Pirate wench or something. Has anyone's DD experienced Pirates League? Did you buy a costume there or bring your own? Any help would be appreciated, and pictures would be awesome. THANKS!!!! We leave in 5 DAYS :-)

October 2007~All Star Sports
November 2008~CBR
October 2009~Port Orleans Riverside
October 2010~Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
jhpatrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL

Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/07/...magic-kingdom/
UrsulasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpatrick1 View Post
I was thinking of doing the Pirates League for my 7 year old DD, but can't find too much info on it. She's done BBB twice. I think she would really like to be dressed up like a Pirate wench or something. Has anyone's DD experienced Pirates League? Did you buy a costume there or bring your own? Any help would be appreciated, and pictures would be awesome. THANKS!!!! We leave in 5 DAYS :-)
My daughter (5) did this in August. She LOVED it! She said she loved it better than the BBB! We did bring our own pirate costume. If fact, my daughter is standing here right now and said "OH! Tell her she will love it!" I hope that helps!

From a parent view: It was cool. The kids get a map and a special medallion to figure out a secret code etc. My daughter got her make up done and got a pink eye patch etc.
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
jgperkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
jbdisneymom13
Disney Addict

My DD 12 and DS 6 did it in August and loved it! We didn't do costumes - made sure they were wearing some plain looking clothing that day and just did the face makeover. They looked fantastic! My DD was thrilled that she was given the makeup used on her. Her bandana, jewels, etc. were neat. The whole set-up and story behind the experience makes this a lot of fun for the whole family to experience! Have a great time!!

Trips
POR Dec 2003
CBR July 2005
POFQ Dec 2008
POR / OKW Aug 2009
BLT January 2010
AKL Jambo July 2010
POR / BCV and Disney Dream cruise Feb 2011
AKL Kidani Dec 2011
DCL Magic NYC to Canada cruise June 2012
jbdisneymom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info. Sounds so cool. I bet DD will be really excited. Thanks again.

November 2008~CBR
Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Korileigh
Mouseketeer

We went a couple weeks ago and LOVED it! My girls are 6 and 7. I bought them shirts from Etsy.com with pirate minnie mouse head and their names embroidered on them. I also found adorable skirts with really cute pink skulls and hearts. She also sold black and white striped leg warmer things that my girls chose to wear on their arms. I don't know how to post pictures here but could email them or something. They are much cuter than I can describe. And they were comfortable and can be worn again as an outfit and not just a costume. i can also try to look up the Esty sellers if you are interested. They did my stuff really quick.
Korileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
Mrs. Charming
I'm not your entertainment, get a life.

Oh this looks so cool! Maybe we will do this next year for DD, she's only 2. Until then, Mommy has to be her "pirate artist" Hehe.
DD3 is a BIG SISTER! ...and now has a brand new little BROTHER!
Mrs. Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpatrick1 View Post
You really want your daughter to represent a prostitute? That's basically what a 'wench' was back then, you know. Of course Disney does not promote this, just a bit shocked a parent would consider this a choice for a 7 year old girl...
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 AM   #9
kim52265
disney is a magical place filled with magical thoughts and dreams

Quote:
You really want your daughter to represent a prostitute? That's basically what a 'wench' was back then, you know. Of course Disney does not promote this, just a bit shocked a parent would consider this a choice for a 7 year old girl...
thats has got to be one of the dumbest thing i have ever heard. A little girl gets dressed up like a pirate and you twist it to the parents want her to be a prostitute. Some people will say whatever they want and think its ok shame on you
kim52265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
OMG. How could you say that to someone??? Totally uncalled for, and in my opinion more than a little rude to suggest that.
princessmom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #11
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
There are just no words.........

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
jhpatrick1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You have got to be the most disgusting person Schmek. Are you for real or just psychotic????? It is sad that your sick mind went in that direction. Please keep your condesending comments to yourself. And by the way, that is a costume that Disney sells at the Pirate League store, so apparently disney DOES support female pirates.

Thanks for other posters for your support

November 2008~CBR
Old 10-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #13
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL

Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.

Wellllll.....

being a "pirate" was a hangable offense, yet we still like to dress up that way, and romanticize it.

being a "witch" was also a hangable offense, yet here we are, dressing up our little girls like that, and having fun with it.

can't say being a "zombie" is something we truly want our children to model in life, yet don't we like to dress them up like something from Thriller?

Take it in context, Schmeck. Stop being such a schmuck.
UrsulasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #14
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Just protesting the word 'wench' - girl pirate is fine, but wench was/is a derogatory term, much like other words - like ho, etc, I found the term being used by a dad to describe his daughter to be even more disturbing.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #15
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

My DD5 just did this at the beginning of the month and she loved it. She calls herself a pirate princess. We did the full package - makeup, hair, costume, etc. I think she actually liked this better than BBB. I'll try to post some pics when I get home tonight.
Tisha_PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: