Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

plans...

just reading your plans... your dress is so pretty . I think it is a great choice for SOG ceremony! you look very pretty in it. I love the detailing. Congrats on randy, we will be using him for our VR in july 2010. we had photos taken this past july and he was so easy to work with and I really was pleased with our photos. looking forward to hearing more....welocme too!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #17
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Thanks for the input! I have been talking to Donnakay at affordable Orlando weddings, they seem really sweet, and very helpful, but I am still looking around.
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #18
My sister's princess

Still struggling to find the time to get things done!!! I can't wait to have a year to plan things slowly for the at home celebration!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #19
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Still struggling to find the time to get things done!!! I can't wait to have a year to plan things slowly for the at home celebration!
I know the feeling. People keep reminding me how close the wedding date is and asking me why I have things left to do, and that's SO not helping!

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #20
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
I know the feeling. People keep reminding me how close the wedding date is and asking me why I have things left to do, and that's SO not helping!
I know! The worst offenders are the people closest to me, they know how stressed I am
Old 10-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know! The worst offenders are the people closest to me, they know how stressed I am
So true! They probably think they're being helpful.

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:44 PM   #22
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
So true! They probably think they're being helpful.
I guess we have different definitions of helpful
Old 11-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #23
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess we have different definitions of helpful
Oh, VERY different definitions of helpful! LOL

Old 11-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #24
My sister's princess

So I really need to buckle down and hire someone to marry us I just can't seem to do this for some reason. I think I am going to go with affordable Orlando weddings, has anyone worked with them??

Flowers: I am thinking just simple roses, but I am afraid white ones would look odd against my ivory dress? DF will be in uniform, same one as in the intro pic minus the cord (blue thing over his shoulder)

Cake: My sister really wants us to have a cake that day, I just have no idea what the heck I want to do with this, but it needs to be super small!!!

Photos: Got a bit scared this week after a thread I saw on Mr. Chapman's work, he didn't charge my card for over a week after I sent the contracts back in, but when I called his wife she said they had them and I was all set. The charges have since shown up, so I am no longer panicking about that. I hadn't planned on getting a photographer, and called him on a whim, and in the last week all the family has been saying how excited they are to see pictures, so I guess it is a good thing I did that!

Dinner that night: we got into California Grill, about an hour before Wishes. I am so excited for this to be our wedding dinner!!!

Nitrostitch tell me all about what you are doing!!!!

Last edited by My sister's princess; 11-01-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
rebecca_boo
Mouseketeer

Aww yay a SOG PJ I am intrested to see how it all works. I love the dress. Don't worry about the not having everything done I am currently a college student and I am having a DFTW and still don't have everything done for my december wedding. Anyway goodluck and congrats on the california grill dinner that will be great!
rebecca_boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #26
My sister's princess

Thanks Rebbecca! What do you have left to do?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #27
rebecca_boo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks Rebbecca! What do you have left to do?
Well I did a lot of buying and paying all my vendors this weekend so the list is a lot shorter...but I still haven't decided on a veil for sure or anything with hair. I also need to send out my announcements for my reception in January...oh and I have yet to find a dress for my 2 yr old flower girl...and I think that is it but I am sure I am forgetting a few things.
rebecca_boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #28
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Yay for another Maine bride!! I'm assuming southern Maine, because no DISBride in her right mind would be stuck up here! lol

That dress is just gorgeous on you!! I love the look on your face when you tried it on - it was truly the one! But I'm trying to picture white roses with it though, and I'm not sure about that. I think we have a floral inspiration thread hidden around here somewhere - maybe look through those and see what you come up with.
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 AM   #29
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I really need to buckle down and hire someone to marry us I just can't seem to do this for some reason. I think I am going to go with affordable Orlando weddings, has anyone worked with them??

Flowers: I am thinking just simple roses, but I am afraid white ones would look odd against my ivory dress? DF will be in uniform, same one as in the intro pic minus the cord (blue thing over his shoulder)

Cake: My sister really wants us to have a cake that day, I just have no idea what the heck I want to do with this, but it needs to be super small!!!

Dinner that night: we got into California Grill, about an hour before Wishes. I am so excited for this to be our wedding dinner!!!

Nitrostitch tell me all about what you are doing!!!!
I love your plans so far! Cali Grill is such a perfect place for a wedding dinner, and you'll love watching Wishes from there.

We're using Rev. Tim Herring to marry us, and it's just my fiance and I, with my best friend as our photographer (she's great!). We're currently scheduled to eat at Kona Cafe mid-afternoon (leaving time for pictures at SoG) but may change to Mangino's at SoG if it is scheduled to be open during the needed hours. For the evening, we'll be changing into park appropriate attire and heading to MVMCP, since that party was important in the start of our relationship.

My fiance is wearing his Air Force dress blues, and I made my own bouquet from pink silk roses with a few hidden Mickeys from Swarovski crystal beads from Michael's. I thought of doing a holiday-themed bouquet, but kept leaning toward the beautiful pink bouquets I saw in a lot of the inspiration photos. It seemed like I saw a lot of pink bouquets with the uniform combo, so I think that'll go together nicely (I hope).

We plan on getting a mini cake from Publix, since even fairly small cakes feed a TON of people. The mini cake should just about be the right size and is inexpensive and pretty. They make mini cakes in many of the same designs as their regular wedding cakes. http://www.publix.com/food/catalog/B...casion/Home.do I know DFTW brides can order mini cakes that are really adorable, but I'm not sure if they'll do a cake for a SoG bride. Since we found the Publix option, I haven't checked.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #30
My sister's princess

MegKate welcome!! Thanks for joining in the fun, and no I am not too far south

Nitrostitch, you are my HERO right now with those mini cakes. My sister had mentioned getting one there but I was afraid they would be too big (grocery store cakes tend to be HUGE!) Are you getting married in the garden gazebo or inside? It sounds like we are doing things alot alike. I would love to see pictures of your dress if you feel like it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: