Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
semo233
DIS Veteran

Crock pot reviews

I broke my large crock pot last week and am looking for a new one. Can you give me a recommendation? I need about 6 quart capacity.
Thanks!

semo233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
postage stamp
DIS Veteran

Gosh I wish I could, but I use my mom's that she got for her wedding 35 years ago! Still works like the day she got it! It's a Rival.
postage stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I have the Rival 6qt oval...just the basic model - no timer, no diffuser. I like the "new" (to me) Warm setting since all my recipes have times from the older pots that weren't as hot. So things tend to get done earlier than expected & I can just keep it warm until I need it. I've never bothered with browning meats before putting them into the pot so the whole diffuser idea is lost on me. I want to throw things in & walk away - not mess with it. LOL

For me, my greatest need is the oval shape as things seem to fit better - such as roasts. I've always had Rival brand pots & really like them. I do think, however, that this one has a "hot spot" along the back. Things seem to get darker there. One other thing about this one - and I'm not sure if it's something in the way it was handled or just if there's an issue with the stone crock. But I don't think it cleans as well as my previous ones. It's necessary to use a Dobie pad to get the stuff that's cooked on - even when I've soaked it first. But I won't rule out the possibility that DH used something too abrasive on it when he cleaned up for me a few times.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Twigs
DIS Cast Member
I got tagged even though I wasn't optimistic!

I got a 6QT Rival crock pot last year and I love it. It has the removable stoneware insert which makes cleaning so much easier. It's one of the reasons I didn't use my old crock pot very much, I hated cleaning it. It has 2 high settings and 2 low settings with the warm feature, which is great for me. I use it mostly on day where my boys have meets and the warm feature has been great for those days.
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

I went to Lowe's to buy garden supplys and also went thru there appliance section.I found A 6 1/2 quart GE about 5 yrs ago and it never fails to make great dinners.I think I paid around $40 for it back then.Prices have went up on everything.So here is the latest from there site.Note pay extra for the warranty,its well worth it..

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...Ntt=crock+pots

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: