DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
TinkerBelle920
DIS Veteran

Resale Question

Do any of the resale DVC sites take credit cards. I could pay by cash but would prefer to get the points on my card as well as for safety reasons
TinkerBelle920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
DVCowner2009
Earning My Ears

I was informed no. The title company would take only a bank or certified check.
DVCowner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran

You can also pay with a wire transfer. I too, had hoped to pay for our contracts with the Disney Visa. I had visions of all those extra Disney dollars, but it was not allowed!
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
SnowWhite12
DIS Veteran

One of the timeshare companies said that we could, but that the company charges a $50 fee to do it. It would still be beneficial because we would earn $120 Disney dollars.
SnowWhite12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
drusba

DIS Veteran

Most won't. Credit card companies charge the vendor a small percentage of the total amount charged (and that can actually be some money when you start charging thousands to the credit card) and all of what you are paying is supposed to be an amount going toward the total sale price which is put in an escrow account to be allocated at closing, so to accept a credit card means someone has to eat that charge from the credit card company. Sounds like one of them will do so by charging you a fee to cover it.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Jason@dvcstore
I support "addonitis"

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle920 View Post
Do any of the resale DVC sites take credit cards. I could pay by cash but would prefer to get the points on my card as well as for safety reasons
At The Timeshare Store, Inc.® the closing companies we use typically (Magic Vacation Title and Timeshare Title and More) will take up to $1,000 on a credit card for the down payment but they will charge a $25 transaction fee.

If a buyer knows a closing company who can take the full amount on a credit card we would be open to use them for a closing.

Jason
Jason@dvcstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
Dean
DIS Veteran

I know some would in the past though in most cases they asked you to pay the entire CC fee,not just a transaction fee. Also, if you buy on ebay and from a private sellers, you may be able to use paypal and use a CC that way. Just call multiple closeing companies. Try Timeshare Closing Services and JRA, they do a lot of internet based timeshare resales. Someone recently wanted to use a CC from the UK and the fees weren't the issue but if one is simply trying to boost their rewards by using a CC, it's not likely to happen unless you use paypal or find a private seller who has the ability to do CC.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
TinkerBelle920
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they will accept paypal? I just feel unsafe wiring cash to an online company
TinkerBelle920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
DVCowner2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Does anyone know if they will accept paypal? I just feel unsafe wiring cash to an online company
You'll be wiring/sending money to a title company with a physical presence in Florida. You wouldn't be sending it to the broker or some fly-by-night company. In my instance, my broker instructed me to send a check for the depost (and ultimately the balance) directly to the title company.
DVCowner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #10
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Other than ebay type companies and private sellers, I doubt you'll have much luck with paypal. Even if you do expect to pay the 3% fees that paypal chareges as an added charge.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: