Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #91
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
You all are young-30 was YEARS ago! Nothing on tonight-not a Biggest Loser fan I guess.. Thar is really to bad about the photopass. We did a share last year and got some good pics but not $100 worth...
I am crossing my fingers and toes for your bonus-one for the coach too. Now if you will cross your finger s that I get a pin code.
Can't wait to see the rest of Kidani-though I know it is going to make me want to stay there!
Hey! You are just as young as we are.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #92
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I'm sure you agree with me when I say that teachers don't get paid anywhere near what they deserve! So I'm very happy you got that bonus! And as you said.....more for the Mouse.
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2009, 06:29 AM   #93
topdog
DIS Veteran

Congratulation on the bonus!!!

WOW! $100 for the photopass CD. I never even consider to use them. DW has been bugging me to give it a try on our next trip so we can print it as Xmas card. I don't know now. I would rather to spend $100 for other stuff instead like...more camera gear.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #94
Coach81
DIS Veteran

SWEET!!!! Life is GOOD!!!! That money is really gonna help us out.. as we are planning three vacations.. - Secret trip to Disney for Christmas (complete with DDP to pay for), the return visit to Universal Studios (along with club level at Royal Pacific Hotel), and finally our MEGA SUPER summer trip with you guys and the Prosperies!!!

Love the pictures of Kidani so far... we stayed at AKV for our first-ever trip using our DVC a few summers ago.. and we absolutely LOVED IT!!! The savannah was amazing, the boys loved going out every morning and looking at all the animals. We will be staying at AKL or Kidani again in the future.. it is a fantastic resort! Love the pics of the artwork around the lobby. It truly is a great resort.

Patiently wating for the next update..
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #95
elizablake
DIS Veteran

You got your bonus. And congrats on your school's test scores.

I considered getting the photopass CD before our first visit but we were actually happy we didn't. We never wanted to take the time to stop and I got as good if not better photos of DD with characters. We had two coupons for free 5x7s. I got one with DD holding Tinkerbell and one with her fighting Captain Hook.

That's a shame you can't pre-purchase the CD anymore. As far as waterproof cameras, my friend has a Canon PowerShot D10 and loves it. Also, I know Fujifilm and Olympus make ones that are more reasonably priced.

Last edited by elizablake; 10-21-2009 at 09:53 AM.
elizablake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #96
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I'm sure you agree with me when I say that teachers don't get paid anywhere near what they deserve! So I'm very happy you got that bonus! And as you said.....more for the Mouse.
Thanks! We were also told today that every teacher will get a 2% bonus with our November check. That would be another $800 coming my way. WOO HOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
Congratulation on the bonus!!!

WOW! $100 for the photopass CD. I never even consider to use them. DW has been bugging me to give it a try on our next trip so we can print it as Xmas card. I don't know now. I would rather to spend $100 for other stuff instead like...more camera gear.
Thanks! We never purchased it at full price. Since our family and Coach's family always travel during the same week, we always split the cost with each other. We never paid more than $50 for the photopass. Our last tripp will more than likely be the last time we get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
SWEET!!!! Life is GOOD!!!! That money is really gonna help us out.. as we are planning three vacations.. - Secret trip to Disney for Christmas (complete with DDP to pay for), the return visit to Universal Studios (along with club level at Royal Pacific Hotel), and finally our MEGA SUPER summer trip with you guys and the Prosperies!!!

Love the pictures of Kidani so far... we stayed at AKV for our first-ever trip using our DVC a few summers ago.. and we absolutely LOVED IT!!! The savannah was amazing, the boys loved going out every morning and looking at all the animals. We will be staying at AKL or Kidani again in the future.. it is a fantastic resort! Love the pics of the artwork around the lobby. It truly is a great resort.

Patiently wating for the next update..
Stop bragging about the trips dude! Liar! AKV was not your first DVC trip. OKW was! You know we love Kidani. We have plans to stay there pretty much every trip. Yall just need to make sure that the trip yall decide to stay there is a summer one with us. Next update is coming. Patience, patience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizablake View Post
You got your bonus. And congrats on your school's test scores.

I considered getting the photopass CD before our first visit but we were actually happy we didn't. We never wanted to take the time to stop and I got as good if not better photos of DD with characters. We had two coupons for free 5x7s. I got one with DD holding Tinkerbell and one with her fighting Captain Hook.

That's a shame you can't pre-purchase the CD anymore. As far as waterproof cameras, my friend has a Canon PowerShot D10 and loves it. Also, I know Fujifilm and Olympus make ones that are more reasonably priced.
Thanks! I am really looking forward now to BOTH bonuses! The kids are excited! They are having a dress down day next week and a dance party during the school day to celebrate their accomplishments. Thanks for the suggestion on the camera. I started looking at them. The problem is that I want a camera that can take a nice water picture as well as a regular picture. To get one to do that, I need to spend over $200. Bryan is not wanting to spend that much, so we are trying to compromise. I was actually trying to sell him on the Canon, but he does not like the almost $300 price tag.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #97
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Looking back - We explore!

Since the room wasn’t ready, we decided to explore the resort and head over to Mara. We first went downstairs to go check out the savanna.

We then headed back inside to check out the library, arcade, and community hall. We loved all of them.

We finally make it out to the pool, and the boys are ready to jump in clothes and all. On our way there, we stopped by the fitness area for the boys to get in a little workout.

Afterwards, we headed over to Mara to eat some lunch. I had been dreaming about zebra domes all morning, so I was extremely anxious to get there. I tried the chicken flatbread which I loved. Bryan had the stew, and the boys had chicken nuggets and fries. They had a great table in front of the tv. We all ate quietly. We weren’t about to interrupt the peace and quiet of the boys watching old Disney cartoons. Right before we left, I got this mysterious text. This was the week that the resorts started to text you to let you know your room was ready. Cool, so being excited to check out our room, we headed back to Kidani.

We had parked the truck in the underground garage at Kidani in the Timon section as instructed by the CM at the front desk.

Coming up – How is the room?

Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #98
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

A HUGE CONGRATS on the BONUS and RAISE. Such great news! Now I think we should plan a meet and you can buy me a drink Ha ha.
The pics are great-can't wait see the room.
We bought a case to put over our camera to use underwater. If you look in my ptr at the Kauai pics-you can see how well it worked.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #99
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

congratulations on your bonus, I can only imagine how that must feel.

I'm really enjoying your telling of your past trip. Keep posting.

Ty

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
disneyaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #100
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
Thanks! We were also told today that every teacher will get a 2% bonus with our November check. That would be another $800 coming my way. WOO HOO!

Thanks! We never purchased it at full price. Since our family and Coach's family always travel during the same week, we always split the cost with each other. We never paid more than $50 for the photopass. Our last tripp will more than likely be the last time we get it.

Stop bragging about the trips dude! Liar! AKV was not your first DVC trip. OKW was! You know we love Kidani. We have plans to stay there pretty much every trip. Yall just need to make sure that the trip yall decide to stay there is a summer one with us. Next update is coming. Patience, patience...

Thanks! I am really looking forward now to BOTH bonuses! The kids are excited! They are having a dress down day next week and a dance party during the school day to celebrate their accomplishments. Thanks for the suggestion on the camera. I started looking at them. The problem is that I want a camera that can take a nice water picture as well as a regular picture. To get one to do that, I need to spend over $200. Bryan is not wanting to spend that much, so we are trying to compromise. I was actually trying to sell him on the Canon, but he does not like the almost $300 price tag.
Good point about OKW.. that was the first one for us.. yeah it was really nice and BIG to. But still, we really liked AKL as well!!!

Don't worry... don't worry I HAVE the camera you guys want!!! Been using it for two trips now!!! I'll get with Bryan and we'll go get it. It is a great camera.. you've seen the pics and video yourself!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 10-22-2009, 06:52 AM   #101
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great pictures of Kidani Village!! They're making me really excited for our trip coming up!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #102
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Nice update! You guys really got a great home resort with Kidani.. the water area, fitness, arcade.. etc.. and I absolutely LOVE the theming of the entire resort! Great pics.. you guys look just like we do for our Disney pics.. everyone is HAPPY!!!

I'll talk with Bryan about the camera this weekend when he and I go check out SAW VI!!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #103
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good point about OKW.. that was the first one for us.. yeah it was really nice and BIG to. But still, we really liked AKL as well!!!

Don't worry... don't worry I HAVE the camera you guys want!!! Been using it for two trips now!!! I'll get with Bryan and we'll go get it. It is a great camera.. you've seen the pics and video yourself!
You know I like to find any way I can correct you and Bryan. I just like to prove yall wrong. Remind me which one you have. You know Bryan and I like to read EVERYTHING about these purchases first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great pictures of Kidani Village!! They're making me really excited for our trip coming up!
I'm glad I could help! There's more on the way. It really a fantastic resort! We do think of it as our home.

Quote:
Nice update! You guys really got a great home resort with Kidani.. the water area, fitness, arcade.. etc.. and I absolutely LOVE the theming of the entire resort! Great pics.. you guys look just like we do for our Disney pics.. everyone is HAPPY!!!

I'll talk with Bryan about the camera this weekend when he and I go check out SAW VI!!!!
Thanks! We love it too. The boys especially love the play area. Cooper talks about it every night before he goes to bed. We are always happy when we are there. I don't think we have a picture when someone is upset once we get on property.

I assume the movie will be on Saturday evening?

Old 10-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #104
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

One more milestone down!

The countdown continues to dwindle. We will be in WDW at Kidani () in 7 MONTHS !!!!

Next update coming...

Old 10-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #105
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

A look back at our last trip - Day 1, the room

Once we parked in the Timon section, we headed up the elevator to the fifth floor in search of our room. Once we got out of the elevator, the boys were searching for their room.

I walked into our room and was immediately pleased with the resort. We had a one bedroom savanna view room.

For some reason, Bryan did not take pictures of the second bathroom or laundry room. I loved not having to share the bathroom with the boys. I also love foing hom with all of our clothes clean.

After checking out the room for a while, we headed out to the pool so the boys could swim. We stayed out there a couple of hours. Afterwards, we came back to the room and all took a nap for a couple of hours. Later that evening we had dinner at Boma. We had plans to stay close to home on the first day to take it easy. This worked out perfectly for all of us. After dinner, we went back to the room, watched Stacey for a bit, and went to bed.

Next – Star Wars Weekend!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: