Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #76
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah.. the drive to Florida.. not so great!!! As Bryan can tell you... it is a lonely, lonely ride that can take it out of you.. but what gets you through it.. is what's waiting for you!!!! Nice pics.. I can totally relate!!! Thanks for the update.. FINALLY!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #77
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

A look back, YAY. Best trip ever huh-no presure for this one...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #78
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Oh yeah.. the drive to Florida.. not so great!!! As Bryan can tell you... it is a lonely, lonely ride that can take it out of you.. but what gets you through it.. is what's waiting for you!!!! Nice pics.. I can totally relate!!! Thanks for the update.. FINALLY!!!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Actually, we look at it thinking that they can only get bettere from here.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #79
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hi Megan!! I found your PTR from Leanne and Mary's PTRs!! My family will also be in WDW the same week as yours! We will be staying at the Poly again and I will be starting a PTR just as soon as I finish my TR!! We seem to have a lot in common. I am a former teacher, I am 30, and my oldest daughter is in Kindergarten this year!! I also have Le Cellier on our list for this trip!! (as well as O'hana--YUM!!) Not sure if we'll do Chef Mickey's again this trip or not. I'm looking forward to planning along with you!! Looking forward to May 2010!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #80
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post

Bryan drove and drove and drove. Our plan was that he would drive until we stopped for breakfast, and I would drive the remainder of the trip afterwards. We made record time to Tallahassee. You never realize how fast you get somewhere when there is no one else on the road. We stopped at the Cracker Barrel in Tallahassee around 7:45.

I pass that Cracker Barrel several times a week! You were right around the corner from me!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #81
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Every trip.. is the best one ever....especially the next one!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #82
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oooh, fun, a look back at your last trip! Can't wait to hear more.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #83
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Hi Megan!! I found your PTR from Leanne and Mary's PTRs!! My family will also be in WDW the same week as yours! We will be staying at the Poly again and I will be starting a PTR just as soon as I finish my TR!! We seem to have a lot in common. I am a former teacher, I am 30, and my oldest daughter is in Kindergarten this year!! I also have Le Cellier on our list for this trip!! (as well as O'hana--YUM!!) Not sure if we'll do Chef Mickey's again this trip or not. I'm looking forward to planning along with you!! Looking forward to May 2010!!
Thanks for joining us! I look forward to sharing my plans with you. There is going to be a party at the Poly. I am 30 as well. We all have somuch in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I pass that Cracker Barrel several times a week! You were right around the corner from me!
I'll be sure to wave at you from now on when we pass that Cracker Barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Every trip.. is the best one ever....especially the next one!!!
That's true, but you gotta admit. This past trip was absolutely awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oooh, fun, a look back at your last trip! Can't wait to hear more.
I hope you enjoy it just as much as we did. Next update is coming up.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #84
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

A look back at our last trip - Day 1 Check in

So, when I left off, we were just passing under the sign we all love to see.

So we are finally there. It is time for us to check in to Kidani Village for the first time.

The guard at the guard shack was very inviting. She welcomed us home right away. As we get through the gate, we drive by Jambo House.

The boys were familiar with the original AKL, but they knew we were staying at the new AKL. They were just anxious to check out their new digs. Finally, the new sign…

I can only imagine how the whole resort will look as soon as the vegetation grows in.

We park and walk up to Port Cochere and into the lobby, and we all just feel at home. We love the feel of AKL, but Kidani just feels warm and cozy. I immediately went to check in, and Bryan brought the boys to do a little bit of exploring on the lobby level.

All Bryan wanted to do was go upstairs and go to sleep. Unfortunately, the CM said our room was not yet ready. The good news – my requests had been granted!

Up next, what do we do in the meantime?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #85
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

So, there is nothing on tv tonight, so I have been doing some DIS time. I just got the email from AllEars and got really upset to hear that all the Photopass photographers are no longer at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. With that and the lack of getting able to pre-purchase the CD now at $100 price, we might be skipping the Photopass this year (Sorry Randy and Alisa). I am kinda upset that they will not be sending the pre-purchase email to DVC members since we do not book through Disney Destinations. So now it looks like we are in the market for a water-proof camera. Anyone has any suggestions?

Also, I am sitting over here with everything crossed. We have a new superintendant in my school district. When he took over, he proposed that all schools that make their target score for the year would result in each teacher at that school receiving a $3000 bonus. Well, the scores came in last week, and my school along with 11 other schools (including Coach81's school) made their target score and more. The school board is meeting tonight to vote on that proposal. If they vote yes, I will get my bonus with next month's paycheck just in time for Christmas. I should know sometime tonight whether I get it or not. Fingers, toes, hair, eyes, everything is crossed that we do.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #86
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Wow Megan! Kidani Village looks really nice. Can't wait to see the next installment and pics of your room.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #87
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Must have posted at the same time. Hope you get your bonus. That would be fantastic! We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed for you too.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #88
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Wow Megan! Kidani Village looks really nice. Can't wait to see the next installment and pics of your room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Must have posted at the same time. Hope you get your bonus. That would be fantastic! We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed for you too.
It is very nice. We absolutely love that resort. Still waiting to find out my fate.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #89
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

You all are young-30 was YEARS ago! Nothing on tonight-not a Biggest Loser fan I guess.. Thar is really to bad about the photopass. We did a share last year and got some good pics but not $100 worth...
I am crossing my fingers and toes for your bonus-one for the coach too. Now if you will cross your finger s that I get a pin code.
Can't wait to see the rest of Kidani-though I know it is going to make me want to stay there!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #90
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

TH E BOARD APPROVED MY BONUS!!!! COACH & I HAVE MORE MONEY FOR THE MOUSE!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: