Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #751
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
The crowd shots are pretty fun to see because I look to see what people are wearing. I can't help but laugh at those who are not sensibly dressed. It wasn't in your pics, I don't think, but like the ones with the women in heels and whatnot? Crazy!

The Buzz pic of the tiny kiddies is so cute!
OOOOH...I am a big fan of people-watching! I love it. It's always interesting to see what people leave the house wearing. Especially in WDW...

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #752
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
I have the hardest time finding my red lazer on Buzz. The only time I was able to find mine, I smoked Mike. Any other time, I've lost big time.

I hope y'all get to see the battleship. Sounds like it would be fun.
It took me some time to find my laser as well. It's so hard sometimes, but keep trying.

Thanks! We hope it works out for us as well.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #753
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontasgal87 View Post
wow look pretty crowded, but thats good u didnt wait for buzz oh and the pic with the boys holding hands is sooo darn cute!
It wasn't bad really. The crowds dispersed pretty quickly. The waits were minimal all day.

Thanks! We love that pic too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Agree!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #754
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

So, I am just proud of myself that I had to post it over here. I have been doing the Couch to 5K running program for the past 5 weeks. The program is set up in different timied intervals to bring those who have never run to be able to run a 5K in 9 weeks. I have done well so far at every single interval. I surprised myself at every single timed run. I couldn't believe it that I was actually running as far as I did. The longest interval I run successfully without stopping (even for a second) was during my run last Friday at 5 minutes. My 8 minute runs on Sunday were tough for me. I struggled through them completely.

For the first time in my life, I ran for 20 minutes straight...without stopping!!! I couldn't believe it! At times, I was dying to stop, but I just kep telling myself I could do this and kept going. When I got home, I checked in on this website to see how far I had run in my 20 minutes. I RAN 2.32 MILES IN 20 MINUTES!!!!! I am amazed and so proud of myself at the same time. I am officially a believer in this running program!

Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #755
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Awesome! job Megan...Congratulations! on a job well done!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #756
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
So, I am just proud of myself that I had to post it over here. I have been doing the Couch to 5K running program for the past 5 weeks. The program is set up in different timied intervals to bring those who have never run to be able to run a 5K in 9 weeks. I have done well so far at every single interval. I surprised myself at every single timed run. I couldn't believe it that I was actually running as far as I did. The longest interval I run successfully without stopping (even for a second) was during my run last Friday at 5 minutes. My 8 minute runs on Sunday were tough for me. I struggled through them completely.

For the first time in my life, I ran for 20 minutes straight...without stopping!!! I couldn't believe it! At times, I was dying to stop, but I just kep telling myself I could do this and kept going. When I got home, I checked in on this website to see how far I had run in my 20 minutes. I RAN 2.32 MILES IN 20 MINUTES!!!!! I am amazed and so proud of myself at the same time. I am officially a believer in this running program!
WOW

Like I said.. if I am able to join you and Bryan.. you gonna have to take it easy on me!!!! Way to go Megan!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #757
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:

Wow, congrats!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #758
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Congrats Megan! You're my hero! I can't wait to get started again!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #759
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, Megan! I'm doing good if I can run for 8 minutes. 20 minutes is awesome!
cinderella crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #760
alboq
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OOOOH...I am a big fan of people-watching! I love it. It's always interesting to see what people leave the house wearing. Especially in WDW...

We have to be very careful of the people watching at the water parks. Meg and I saw things we wished we didn't then we made comments and our husbands scolded us
Old 03-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #761
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Awesome! job Megan...Congratulations! on a job well done!
Thanks COnnie! This is a huge accomplishment for me.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #762
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
WOW

Like I said.. if I am able to join you and Bryan.. you gonna have to take it easy on me!!!! Way to go Megan!!!
Thanks Randy! You can do ti. Come on. I would be surprised if you couldn't do it now. I know you can do the bike for that long. How are you at the running?

Old 03-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #763
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, congrats!
Thanks!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #764
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Congrats Megan! You're my hero! I can't wait to get started again!
Come on Leanne! You can do this! I know you have said you wanted to start the C25K again. It is so doable! I hope the weather cooperates with you. I have specific days I run, and I dedicate myself to those days. I run no matter how I feel that day. I am set to run again tomorrow. I am also running Saturday even though we have date with Randy and Alisa to head to New Orleans. That cold will shock your lungs at first though.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #765
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella crazy View Post
Congratulations, Megan! I'm doing good if I can run for 8 minutes. 20 minutes is awesome!
Thanks Alicia!

If you are ever interested in trying this out, let me know. The program starts out with running for a minute at a time and slowly increasing that time every week. Every week, I have thought there's no way I can run that long. I officially finish the program on the 29th of this morning, and I have no doubt in my mind I will be able to run the full 3 miles without stopping now. All you need is 30 minutes 3 times a week.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: