Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #16
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Awesome start! Your sons are adorable!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Awesome start! Your sons are adorable!
Thanks for both! I'll have to go check out your TR and PTR as well. Thanks for reading!

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

We ordered our tickets this evening for us to go watch Toy Story in New Orleans tomorrow. I was talking to Cooper earlier. I asked him where we were going tomorrow. He started saying "Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Mickey's House, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom Lodge." Every day since our last trip, Cooper talks about going back to WDW and what he wants to do once he gets there. I think he may be just as obssessed as I am.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #19
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Wow! DVC points as a gift. I am jealous. My dream is to be a DVC member. I have talked to DH about it, he said he would feel like we have to go to Disney all the time then. ummm. Duh! We woul have to go to Disney all the time, isn't that the point of owning DVC?
He will never understand my love for Disney. I tried to comapre it to his love for Penn State. He just shrugged!

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
disneyaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #20
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
Wow! DVC points as a gift. I am jealous. My dream is to be a DVC member. I have talked to DH about it, he said he would feel like we have to go to Disney all the time then. ummm. Duh! We woul have to go to Disney all the time, isn't that the point of owning DVC?
He will never understand my love for Disney. I tried to comapre it to his love for Penn State. He just shrugged!
That is a somewhat redundant statement. I git excited with my DVC since I could go as often as I wanted to at the time. Sometimes, there are things that a husband will not understand.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #21
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

So, we went to New Orleans this morning since that was the place with the closest theatre showing Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D. The boys were so excited to go watch it at the theatre. It did not matter that they had seen the movie who knows how many times. Toy Story 2 was the better movie for the 3D effects. I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.

I will post another update tomorrow. Coming up - where to eat...

Thanks to all who are reading even if you are not posting.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #22
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.

Disney has spoiled you. I'm sure one day there movies will include wind and smells, just like they do at WDW.

Toy Story is my DH's favorite Disney movie. I bet I could get him to take me to see it in 3-D. I need to find out where it's playing around here.

That would have been a cute picture of Cooper. We eat that up on the Dis.

][IMG]
Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #23
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
So, we went to New Orleans this morning since that was the place with the closest theatre showing Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D. The boys were so excited to go watch it at the theatre. It did not matter that they had seen the movie who knows how many times. Toy Story 2 was the better movie for the 3D effects. I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.

Sounds fun, we are going to see Toy Story today! It's going to be like a blast from the past since I remember seeing it when it first came out...I was 10 years old!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #24
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
Disney has spoiled you. I'm sure one day there movies will include wind and smells, just like they do at WDW.

Toy Story is my DH's favorite Disney movie. I bet I could get him to take me to see it in 3-D. I need to find out where it's playing around here.

That would have been a cute picture of Cooper. We eat that up on the Dis.
Disney has certainly spoiled me. We did mention that in our conversation though. Eventually movies will have effects for your senses other than visual. Good luck with getting DH to take you to go watch Toy Story. It was nice going watch it again. Plus, the bonus was the preview of TS3. ANdy goes to college! I did end up getting the picture. I just have to upload it to my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Sounds fun, we are going to see Toy Story today! It's going to be like a blast from the past since I remember seeing it when it first came out...I was 10 years old!
Have fun going see the movie.

It is football time in my house today. DH has friends over to watch some games today, including Coach81. I'll post another update soon.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #25
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

Hi im here!!! weeeeeeeeeee looking forward to hearing all of ur plans!
BTW ur family is sooooo Adorable!!

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)
Sept 2008(CSR) May 2010(CBR) Sept 2012 (POR)

Sept 2014 we will be back at Caribbean Beach Resort!!
pocahontasgal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #26
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Andy goes to college?! I can't wait to see it when it comes out. Do you think DHS made a Toy Story ride because of TS3? Or did they make TS3 because DHS did THe Toy Story ride?

][IMG]
Old 10-05-2009, 07:39 AM   #27
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Wow. that Coach guy is HOT!!!

Lovin' it!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #28
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
Wow. that Coach guy is HOT!!!

Lovin' it!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #29
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Due to some events going on with me at work. I really need to stick to these boards for some good news. So with that, LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD!

The big question everyone has at least once when planning their trip is where we will be eating. That question came up while we were on vacation this summer. We have some favorites just like most regular visitors.

Every year, I approach my DH with the restaurant question a couple of months before my ADR window opens. This year he forgot to tell me one place because he just assumed I would book it. Well, he became very upset when he realized we weren’t going there. Oh well, he needs to tell me these things when I ask.

Our must do restaurants:

Sanaa – We loved this restaurant this summer. The boys were amazed with the animals lurking outside the window while we ate even though they had a balcony just upstairs where they could watch the animals. BTW, the food is fabulous here too.

Ohana – We finally got around here this summer. DH immediately put this on our must do list for every trip. The boys had watched Night at the Museum 2 right before we left. Well, they were beside themselves that we were seated right next to an Easter Island head. Sam wanted to take his picture with Dum-Dum, and Cooper wanted to give him some gum-gum.

Whispering Canyon Café – This is the one I forgot this summer. DH loves the skillet.

Chef Mickey’s – This is our traditional last supper. This is the meal where the boys have the opportunity to tell Mickey and his pals good bye before we leave the next morning. I began taking a picture of the boys in the steel ears behind the Contemporary a few years ago. That way we could see the boys grow as the years go by.

What else then?

This trip we plan to do Donald’s Safari Breakfast once again. The boys loved it last time. Plus, I love getting that 8:05 AM ADR.

This trip we are planning to try Le Cellier for the first time. However, DH is hoping this last spot will be filled by Boma again. I just want to put something in there that is new for us.

We also have plans to eat at ESPN Club, but we would pay OOP for that one. DH LOVES the nachos.

We will see how all of this pans out when I am able to make those ADRs on November 23rd.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #30
Coach81
DIS Veteran

OH yeah.. the Nachos are a MUST HAVE at ESPN CLUB!!!!

Love the shot of the boys in the Mickey ears!!! Cooper is so.. cute!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Last edited by Coach81; 10-06-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: