Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #151
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

You should definitely do one of the KP missions. Your kids will love them.

The changing back to 180 days for ADRs was nuts. Luckily we were finally able to get through today and luckily we are not ones to book half a dozen restaurants!

As for the back of the bus...I know when I was little and we'd go on field trips at school we'd always want to sit in the back because it was the bumpiest part of the bus. LOL!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:47 AM   #152
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
[SIZE="3 However, I sometimes worry about how close Bryan and Randy can be.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
If you only knew
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #153
alboq
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
If you only knew
We knew it, trust me. Bryan and Randy go to the movies together more than the husbands and wives go together. Thank goodness we get couples night every once and a while---we need another before the holidays start up. Great report Megan. It helps to fill in the blanks when we all were not together. Does Bryan want to take all his pics like he's in a police lineup?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #154
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Awww!! Love the pics!! We were at HS for SWW on May 22nd. It was a lot of fun. My dh is a big Star Wars buff--it was the first movie he saw in the theater. He was glad to get to do something other than princess activities that day!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #155
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
You should definitely do one of the KP missions. Your kids will love them.

The changing back to 180 days for ADRs was nuts. Luckily we were finally able to get through today and luckily we are not ones to book half a dozen restaurants!

As for the back of the bus...I know when I was little and we'd go on field trips at school we'd always want to sit in the back because it was the bumpiest part of the bus. LOL!
We plan on trying KP. Sam is really looking forward to it this time around.

I'm glad to hear you got what you wanted. I would have gone nuts trying to get my ADRs yesterday. I am kinda obsessed about that stuff. Luckily, we know where it is we want to eat.

I remember liking the back of th bus when I was in school as well. I guess I grew up and just don't understand it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
If you only knew
I had a feeling there was more to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alboq View Post
We knew it, trust me. Bryan and Randy go to the movies together more than the husbands and wives go together. Thank goodness we get couples night every once and a while---we need another before the holidays start up. Great report Megan. It helps to fill in the blanks when we all were not together. Does Bryan want to take all his pics like he's in a police lineup?
I never knew there had to be an act of Congress for us to join them at the theater. What's funny if that they don't even sit next to each other! They leave an open seat between them! Apparently, they are afraid of what it will look like if two men go to the movies with each other and actually sit next to each other and talk.

I agree. We need another one. We'll have to see what interests us before we suggest it to them.

Thanks for the compliment! I need to be able to fill the blanks with some Disney memories since I won't be there so soon.

As far as Bryan's pictures are concerned, I have always asked him why he insists on taking them like that. He doesn't have an answer for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Awww!! Love the pics!! We were at HS for SWW on May 22nd. It was a lot of fun. My dh is a big Star Wars buff--it was the first movie he saw in the theater. He was glad to get to do something other than princess activities that day!!
Bryan is thankful every time we go that we have two boys. He likes that we can skip some of the more girly things and move on to other stuff. Alisa and I have said that we will have to do a princess meal with just the two of us on a trip pretty soon since we are so outnumbered. Maybe we can do some spa time as well. Alisa?

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #156
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

A look back at our last trip - Day 2, Rope Drop

So, the boys have been hanging out with the boys and My Lisa when all of a sudden…

The stormtroopers come out! The boys became extremely excited, especially Sam. He was the most excited of the four of us. All he wanted to do today was meet Darth Vader. He had never met him, and he knew he would be there. We watched their show on the roof above the turnstiles for a bit, and before we knew it, the CM were opening up. It was time to get in! There was one family in front of us, and they had a stroller. However, they made it through the gate in record time! We go through the turnstiles and are among the first people at the rope.

The plan for the morning? I will get the fastpasses for TSM, and Bryan and the boys will go in search of Darth Vader. We wanted to see him as early in the morning as possible to avoid longer lines later. We were more focused this trip on checking out all the Star Wars interactions on this day, rather than the attractions. We had just been here three months earlier, so we were okay if we didn’t get to see as many attractions.

Well, Sam became very antsy about having to wait this close to the rest of the park and not going in. At exactly 9AM, the rope dropped, and we were on our way.

So, how did our plan go?

Old 10-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #157
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

We have hours for May!

You can get the May hours for each park in May if you adjust the date on the calendar day view. The last 8 digits of the url are the date (20100501 = May 1, 2010). If you replace the digits with a date in May, the EMH, park hours, and fireworks/parades for that day will come up for you.

May MK hours

May Epcot hours

May DHS hours

May AK hours

I already pulled my park hours for May 22nd-28th.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #158
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
You can get the May hours for each park in May if you adjust the date on the calendar day view. The last 8 digits of the url are the date (20100501 = May 1, 2010). If you replace the digits with a date in May, the EMH, park hours, and fireworks/parades for that day will come up for you.

May MK hours

May Epcot hours

May DHS hours

May AK hours

I already pulled my park hours for May 22nd-28th.
Thank you!! That will be helpful in planning!!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #159
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed that some nights had entertainment and closing at the same time? None of the EMH match my tentative plans..oh well.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 AM   #160
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Thank you!! That will be helpful in planning!!
No problem! I'm glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I noticed that some nights had entertainment and closing at the same time? None of the EMH match my tentative plans..oh well.
I noticed the same thing. I was confused as to what to do about the hours and EMH scedule before now. I normally look at the specific week for the previous year, but I knew things would be different. I knew Memorial Day would be a factor. This year it fell on our travel week. Next year it is the week after. I am now trying to figure out ADRs now. I need to get with Alisa to figure out our Ohana night. We'll be having a meal for 13 people.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #161
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #162
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

A look back at our trip - Day 2, the search begins

So, the CM has dropped the rope. We began walking with the crowd towards Pixar Place. I get to the fastpass machine, and I get a return time shortly after 10AM. SCORE!

Bryan brings the camera with him on their search for Vader. They run into Jango Fett and a bounty hunter along the way.

Up next, Vader anyone?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #163
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Wow, 13 people. Thats a big dinner! Cute pic from SW weekend.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #164
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Cool pics!! Love the cute SWW photopass add-ons. For some reason they weren't available for me to add to my SWW pics.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #165
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Very nice pictures with the Bounty Hunters! We did our "usual" stuff.. Toy Story Mania, then Rock n Roller, and Tower of Terror.. we met Vader later on... and had to wait in line for just a bit..
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: