Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #121
ms mouse
DIS Veteran

Love your trip report.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #122
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
still loving your TR, really sorry to hear about what has been going on near you, you just don't want to let your kids out of your sight, i'm sure i'll be walking my DD to work on her first day xx
Thank you!!! I know, I am so overprotective anyway, this has made me worse. I just chewed Ally out today for walking out to the mailbox without telling me.... she looked at me like I had three heads.... which isn't far off today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms mouse View Post
Love your trip report.
Thank you so much! I hope to get a new installment tomorrow!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #123
askelton
Disney Cosmo

I took DH to TSM Saturday for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed kicking his butt.

Even though I don't have kids, I totally agree with you about watching them at the bus stop. We live off a busy street and even though there are crossing guards at the intersections, too many kids walking alone.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #124
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Actually, there are 161 sex offenders within 5 miles, only 68 within 3 miles. I think we are about 5 or 6miles away from her house, as the crow flies..... I know we are kinda of out in the boonies, and that seems to be where they move to, since they have to be away from schools, etc. I signed up for a service where I get an email notificiation every time one moves within 5 miles of our house. Sad how many I receive!!! Why are these people released from jail????
I don't know. I've seen programs where they say they don't want to be released because they don't get any better, just worse and more violent. The world is a scarey place.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #125
wishspirit
When you wish upon a star!
I am a shy girl who loves to laugh!
Im just greedy i suppose!

Great trip report!

Lots of unattractive snorts of laughter from this Diser!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:02 AM   #126
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

So happy to have found your TR this morning. You have definitely started my day with lots of laughs. My word, what a hullaballooo about the Mahi-Mahi on the first few pages. You handled it well!

Love your humor as always. Looking forward to more sparkles and hearing more about your trip!!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 AM   #127
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
I took DH to TSM Saturday for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed kicking his butt.

Even though I don't have kids, I totally agree with you about watching them at the bus stop. We live off a busy street and even though there are crossing guards at the intersections, too many kids walking alone.
Angela!!!! Where you been fellow Floridian???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I don't know. I've seen programs where they say they don't want to be released because they don't get any better, just worse and more violent. The world is a scarey place.
It's horrible! The Somer Thompson story is going to be featured this week on Americas Most Wanted. They still have no credible leads!!! That's the scary part - this person or persons are still roaming the streets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishspirit View Post
Great trip report!

Lots of unattractive snorts of laughter from this Diser!
There is nothing unattractive about laughter. Well, unless it involves spit. Spit is unattractive. As is drinking while you laugh and shooting liquid out your nose. Oh, and snorts. Yeah, I guess you're right - not so pretty.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
So happy to have found your TR this morning. You have definitely started my day with lots of laughs. My word, what a hullaballooo about the Mahi-Mahi on the first few pages. You handled it well!

Love your humor as always. Looking forward to more sparkles and hearing more about your trip!!
Thank you! I figured if she didn't get my humor then she probably didn't get the TR at all. Maybe she needed a little pixie dust but I ran out and was awaiting my next shipment .......

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #128
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Morning Kara !! I'm waiting for the next update !
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #129
karajeboo

Mother Daughter Tea.....

Now to my favorite part of this weekend trip!

We were off to get ready for our afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian.

So we headed to the boat to head back to the Mahi Mahi to get ready. I figured if we were gonna have afternoon tea, we were going to do it right.

So we quickly raced up to our room to change clothes - after all, this was tea!!! We weren't going to wear our park clothes, it was time for our "going out clothes!"

Once we got all dolled up, it was time to catch the bus to MK and then transfer to GF.

We got ready a little early so we decided to head into MK for a bit.

Never before have I noticed this, but it almost (okay it DID!) made me cry!

Oh, yeah, this is one happy princess taking pics for Mommy!

Of course we packed our walking shoes for this - no way were we wearing heels into the parks. Those are the people I make fun of! And no way did I want to show up in YOUR TR as one of "those" people!

As it was, people were looking at us like we were crazy to be in the parks looking so HOTTTTTT! Not sparkly, just plain HOT!

Maybe they thought we were celebs? I should have paid a CM to be our guide just to see the looks we would get. Cause we were HOTTTTT!

That's mother/daughter hotness. Like Katie and Suri, only hotter! Like Goldie and Kate, only hotter AND younger! You get the idea.

We were not able to spend much time here, but we did manage to see Capt Jack, in all our hotness. I think he winked at me. I would if I were him, why?

Cause I was hottttt!!!!

We stopped in a shop in Adventureland and picked up hats for our tea. After all, what is afternoon tea without a hat? Would that be a topless tea? Is it even allowed in WDW?

We headed out of MK, with a promise to return the next day, and hopped the monorail to GF.

Here is my precious, innocent daughter, looking like a pole dancer. Yeah, I texted this pic to Jeff to let him know how our daughter's future was shaping up......

HOly crows feet BAtman!

We got to the GF about 40 minutes early but were seated almost instantly. I think Ally was a little nervous when we walked in. After all, I did tell her she had to drink with her pinky out....

Say What Mama????

I ordered the following....

The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea.

I asked our server what tea she would recommend, as I usually like my tea iced. She recommended....

Mad Hatter - A blend of passion fruit, pomegranate, and vanilla for a clean and sweet finish. Perfect with decadent desserts and companions.

And may I add that it was PERFECT!!!! I drank almost the entire pot! So sweet and yummy with just a touch of cream I added!

Ally ordered....

Mrs. Potts Tea - For the young tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of two pastries

She requessted that her "tea" be served in the tea pot so she could drink from the dainty cups. This would prove to be a big mistake. But first....

Oh, yeah! See that glass of champagne. I needed that. In face, I should have asked for the bottle to just chug it......

Gimme some o that Mad Hatter!!!!

Please don't ask me what each of these items were. I do know that the onion tart at 12:00 was so light and heavenly!!!

Ally's came with pb&j, ham/cheese, and egg salad. She absolutely hates mayonnaise, and I never even thought about this. So I gladly ate her egg salad, and the nice CM replaced the ham/cheese with another pb&j. So all was well in the world.

Hat head!!!

She did it!!!!

It was right about this time, that the cup missed the mouth and that magical dark tea ended up in Ally's lap. Poor thing tried to be tough, but the little lip started quivering, and as I was dabbing and dumping club soda on her, she put her head on my shoulder and whispered, "I'm so embarassed."

She just wanted to be so proper and ladylike. Well, I guess you can take the girl out of McDonald's but you can't take the fast food out of the girl!!!

All in all it was a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially for a nice mother/daughter treat.

I wouldn't say I was full from the treats, but I was definitely satisfied.

So we headed out of the Tea Room with Ally's dress dripping a mixture of water, club soda, and Tide stain pen. Squishing down to the monorail and back to MK so we could hop a bus back to the Mahi Mahi.

We agreed that we would just spend the afternoon relaxing by the pool and then head out for what can only be considered an "adventure" at F&W at Epcot for the evening.....

Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #130
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

Ally looks so cute all dressed up! Would you recommend this for an almost 5 year, or wait a few years!Great update

Old 11-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #131
katierae81
Mouseketeer

I get misty everytime I see that sign at MK, I full out cry when we watch Wishes!! Poor Ally! I felt so bad for her, yet chuckled because it was so cute. I also keep forgetting to tell you that ever since I read the DisMoms TR and saw Ally on a stick she remids me so much of that girl on the Disney channel. I think she's on Mike's Super Short Show, in between the shows. She too is a cutie and a ball of energy/spunk!

2003-First Trip, Honeymoon, Fort Wilderness
2006-DS1's First Trip, ASMo
2007-DS2's First Trip, Pop
2009-CBR, Delayed Anniversary Trip
Old 11-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #132
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
Ally looks so cute all dressed up! Would you recommend this for an almost 5 year, or wait a few years!Great update
I would personally wait a couple of years until she's old enough to "get it." But it was so much fun and I can hardly wait until I can take my mom AND Ally for three generations of pinky pointing fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katierae81 View Post
I get misty everytime I see that sign at MK, I full out cry when we watch Wishes!! Poor Ally! I felt so bad for her, yet chuckled because it was so cute. I also keep forgetting to tell you that ever since I read the DisMoms TR and saw Ally on a stick she remids me so much of that girl on the Disney channel. I think she's on Mike's Super Short Show, in between the shows. She too is a cutie and a ball of energy/spunk!
I know which little girl you're talking about! I can see the similarity.

Oh, and just thought I should share. I got to attend Ally's awards ceremony at her school on Tuesday where she received awards for perfect attendance for the 9 week period (only about 12 kids out of 6 third grade classes got this!), and making the A/B honor roll. sooooo close to all A's - darn science!

And some Halloween pics....

Old 11-06-2009, 03:48 AM   #133
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Hiya - from across the pond.....

loved the "English" high tea - never had one myself - not mixing in THOSE sort of circles obviously...

Keep up the great TR - am enjoying it sooo much - I love all the photos.

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
Old 11-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #134
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post
Hiya - from across the pond.....

loved the "English" high tea - never had one myself - not mixing in THOSE sort of circles obviously...

Keep up the great TR - am enjoying it sooo much - I love all the photos.

Tessa
Well then you just need to have tea when you come this side of the pond!!! Love ya!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #135
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Great update. I'm not much of a hot tea drinker either, but that Mad Hatter tea sounds fantastic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: