Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #91
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Yay another TR. Glad the drama has left-well not really-love me some drama.
You are certainly cute and sparkly!!
No joke the ads at the bottom of the page are for "fanny packs" or "waist bags"
Old 10-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #92
tttessa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post

Yep - even over this side of the pond - ours have bum-bags or waist bags!!!!!

Tessa

WDW -Holiday Inn Idrive 98, Virgin 3 bed villa April ,2008, Virgin villa Oct 2010
DLRP - Disneyland Hotel May06, DCR April 12-17 2007
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #93
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post

Tessa
That's too funny! No "fanny packs" over there, eh, Tessa
Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #94
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Blaaaah, being sick is no fun! I hope you feel better ASAP, Kara!
Just now feeling better - what a crummy weekend!!!! But at least Jeff slept in the guest room so I had the big king bed allllllll to myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Life View Post
I hear ya.

I hope that you feel better! Double up on your vitamin C! Did I tell you I am making the family take Airborne a couple of days prior to our Nov trip, wear masks on the airplane AND do the netti pot nasal flush after we land?! They think I'm nuts. I may be the only one that complies, but I will not get sick. I am packing a big can of Lysol, a little one, and anti-bacterial wipes (not much different than other trips).
Pam - if you're gonna get sick, you're gonna get sick. As much as we go to WDW I don't think I've ever gotten sick from there. It's this darn kid of mine bringing home germs from school! Funny thing is.... knock on wood.... Ally has not been sick since she had her tonsils out ovr 4 years ago! Not even so much as a sniffle!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Just noticed you had a new tr going. Caught up now and lmao. I'm in bed on the laptop. I'm surprised I didn't wake dh.
Hey Mysteria!!!! Glad you found me!!! Seems I always have some sort of TR going on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Kara, love the update! I love Ally's combination of "little girl who loves the characters along with adrenaline junkie!

Thank God we did an intervention and got Pam away from her Fanny pack!
And thankfully the girls from across the pond corrected us on our definition of fanny pack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
how did sweet little miss get Pods to fall for the beverly. I thought that was only Cammie that could pull that off?
Well, of course it was Ellen that corrupted her!!!

Quote:
Isn't that a hoot! OK, what can we talk about now to try to get ads for it...... Brad Pitt, Brad Pitt, Brad Pitt, Brad Pitt!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttessa View Post

Tessa
HOw do you say Brad Pitt in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
That's too funny! No "fanny packs" over there, eh, Tessa
Brad Pitt Brad Pitt Brad Pitt!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #95
karajeboo

Work is really getting in the way of my TR this week! I work for an internet company that sells gas fireplaces, grills, gas logs, etc. And tis the season! As soon as Labor Day hits evrey year, we are super busy through Feb or March. So it's cutting into my DIS time!!!

Stupid job!!!

Oh, well.....

BRAD PITT BRAD PITT BRAD PITT!!!!!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #96
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

We ARE the Sparkly McSparklesons! Hmmm, hopefully no relation to Hottie McHottie or that would just be gross.....
The Hottie Mchotties are desendants of the Scrumdiddlyumptous bunch, if you are able to trace your McSparkleson lineage back to the scrumdiddlyumptous bunch then yes, that would put you into relation with the McHotties. I dated a Mchottie once, his name was Hottie Hottie Hot Hot Mchottie.

Ready for an update! Work Sucks!!!! It ruins everything.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 10-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #97
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I think MickeyPath is broken today. But the McSparlkesons are still sparklin!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #98
katierae81
Mouseketeer

The bottom of my page has an ad for Weight Watchers...does that mean I have to lose weight before I get to see Brad Pitt, Brad Pitt, Brad Pitt?

2003-First Trip, Honeymoon, Fort Wilderness
2006-DS1's First Trip, ASMo
2007-DS2's First Trip, Pop
2009-CBR, Delayed Anniversary Trip
Old 10-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #99
karajeboo

Time out from my TR to fill you all in on a horrible situation where I live. 7 year old Somer Thompson went missing on Monday while walking home from school. The authorities are investigating this as an abduction and it has hit me really hard. I can't talk about it or write about it without tears. Somer lives only about 5 miles from me, and for all I know, her abductors could have been in our neighborhood as well. It is a sad and frightening time for evreyone in the area, as well as across the country. But when it literally happens so close to home, I think it makes it even harder.

Please keep Somer and her family in your thoughts and prayers......

Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #100
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i understand. I keep praying she will come home. Jacob Weiterling was taken around this time 20 years ago. He was my age and live about 50 miles north in St. Joesph. There isn't a story about a child abuducted that doesn't go by that I think of him. I hope that they find her soon. How is Ally taking this?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #101
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hang in there, honey.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #102
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

So sad !! and soooo scary !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #103
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Hi Kara! Sorry I have just now found your new trip report....and I'm subscribing of course. I have just sat and read 7 pages worth! You are cracking me up!

Oh, and Ellen....I resemble that remark!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
Old 10-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #104
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i understand. I keep praying she will come home. Jacob Weiterling was taken around this time 20 years ago. He was my age and live about 50 miles north in St. Joesph. There isn't a story about a child abuducted that doesn't go by that I think of him. I hope that they find her soon. How is Ally taking this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hang in there, honey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
So sad !! and soooo scary !!
Well, it's been quite a wicked week and a half here. If you've seen the news, you know that they found little Somer Thompson's body in the landfill. It's bad enough she was taken, worse that she was killed, but to just dump her out like trash??? HORRIBLE!!! It's shaken us all up, and to know there is a child killer on the loose in town is really scary. We're even having a fence put up today in our backyard, just to make our home a little more secure with Ally. We back up to woods, and then the golf course, so it's pretty desolate. I hate her letting the dog out by herself, but this will make me feel better.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Hi Kara! Sorry I have just now found your new trip report....and I'm subscribing of course. I have just sat and read 7 pages worth! You are cracking me up!

Oh, and Ellen....I resemble that remark!
Hey Alan!!! Glad to see you! How is the dawg hut working out????

I will try to work on a new installment now. It's been tough and I've just been so emotionally wrecked the past few days..... but it's time to pull it together and get back to life!

Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #105
karajeboo

The McSparklesons are baaaaaack! And no place better to sparkle than.....

I must say, this is a new MUST DO at Hollywood Studios! Loved it! Even Ally loved it, and she did NOT want to go at first. I still think she was waiting for David Archuletta to appear. Me? Gimme some Chris Daughtrey and I'd be happy!!! There would be no shortage of sparkles from this McSparkleson!

The dude in the beginning was there to "warm up the crowd" and he had Ally up and clapping and having a great time.

Then the judges were announced. A bit cheesy - there was the Randy wannabe, then the Paula wannabe, then the American Simon wannabe, complete with all the snarky comments to the contestants. We were told in advance that it was okay to boo the snarky Simon wannabe, and the audience fully complied!

Then we had three contestants. First guy same Sweet Home Alabama. Eh. He was okay, better than me and my howler monkey daughter, but nothing outstanding. At least he could carry a tune....

Then a gal sang Independence Day by Martina McBride. She was great. Not real AI great, but pretty dang good.

Then a dorky dude singing Superstition by Stevie Wonder. Complete with cheesy dancing.... if you wanna call it that. Snarky Simon wannabe had a field day with this guy.

The gal won and she came back later in the day to compete against all the daily winners. The day's final winner gets a front of the line pass to any AI audition in the country. Which is great if they fall into the age range for AI....

When we take my parents for their 50th anniversary in 2 years, I DEFINITELY want my sister to audition! I'm sure she could win at least the single show.

She got the talent in our family. I got the looks.....

Anywho.......

After Idol, we raced back to use our FPs at TSM. Love this attraction! It is so fun and fast paced, but one meeeeellion times better than Buzz Lightyear at MK. And of course, I kicked some major butt!

I never have been through the standby line so I've missed all those great queuing pics....

My score and Ally's score....

Is your screen blurry? Put on your 3D glasses and it's crystal clear. Clear that I kicked the butt of an 8 year old! Yeah, I'm just that good.....

So after taking a good butt whoopin, Ally decided it was time to head back to the Mahi Mahi to get ready for our afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian!

Back soon with tales of a WONDERFUL mother/daughter afternoon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: