Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #151
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Next installment girlfriend! Be patient!!! Let's just say F&W + Saturday night = frat party.......
Besides that, it's sooooo crowded and hard to get near anything! Much, much better during the week.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #152
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Condoms on a veil!!!!This is Not an English Tradition I am awaiting further details .. howeverin true British styleI am doing it patiently!!!!Yes my pinky is raised as I sip my yankee coffee!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #153
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I've heard of people pinning dollar bills to a bride's veil at a reception - maybe the condom pinning is a new tradition!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #154
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Frat Party at Epcot!

I'm baaaaaack!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Now it's on to shopping, and parties, and shopping, and more parties and finally CHRISTMAS!!!!

But back to the TR at hand......

I left off getting ready to head over to Epcot for dinner during F&W. I regretted this decision the minute we got on the launch from the Mahi Mahi to Epcot.

We sat down and who should we see boarding and making their way right toward us?

A bachelorette party. Or as I like to call them, the McNastys.

Now don't get me wrong.... I'm no prude and I think a bachelorette party can be tons of fun..... in the right venue.

Disney World is definitely the WRONG venue!

The McNastys arrived with plastic cups full of Boones Farm or Mad Dog, not sure which. But judging by the McNasty's, it definitely wasn't Rothschild, if you know what I mean....

Ally and I were tucked into our bench seat by the window, and the McNasty's decided to sit on our seat, the seat in front, and then the two seats across the aisle.

And they talked. Openly. Crudely. Very descriptive.

They described their own bachelorette parties, and their husbands' bachelor parties.

All to the wonderment of children all around them.

At one point I gave "the look." You all know the look I mean. And I gave it good. But the MD 20/20 must have kicked in cause they didn't care.

The bride was already three sheets to the wind, and the wind was a flappin that veil. That was beautifully adorned with condoms.

And did I mention the lovely blushing bride was with child? Yeah, my guess is about 5 months along..... Nice. Classy.

I waited. For the questions. From an 8 year old. The questions that never came. Luckily.

Luckily for the McNastys or I might have had to open a can of McSparkly Whoop A**!

I actually had my speech ready. I was going to tap the bride, or one of her McNasty girls on the shoulder and ask them to please explain the adornments to my daughter. Very sweetly. Sugary. Sickeningly.

But the opportunity never arose.

As we were getting off the boat, I whipped out my hand sanitizer, and the young couple sitting behind us tapped me on the shoulder and asked me how I kept my mouth shut. We had a good laugh over the McNastys at that point, and made our way to the WS entrance.

The minute we walked through, I felt like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. And even as I looked left toward the UK, looking for my sister from another mister Alice, I knew that even she was too afraid to come out for the night.

It was a zoo. A mad house. A nightmare!!!! People EVERYWHERE!!!!

And I'm spoiled. Because we are lucky enough to go to Disney during slow periods specifically to avoid these crowds.

But hey, I'm in Disney, right? Better than being in work on a good day, right? Eh, maybe.....

We turned left over the bridge and decided to check out some of the goodies being offered at the F&W kiosks.

And there was absolutely nothing that appealed to Ally. And I decided that I would only stand in line once. There were no less than about 10 people in line at each kiosk.

And I wanted to be able to get our food, and find a little out of the way spot to plot down and eat. Because as crowded as it was, I would not be able to eat on the go, for fear of losing Ally and not being able to hold her hand.

So we finally got in line for pretzels around Germany. Yes, pretzels. With all the wonderful and exotic food, we were in line for pretzels. Because Ally wanted pretzels and I didn't want to argue.

Besides, where there are pretzels in Germany, there is...... BEER!!!!! Ally moved off to the side where there was a large grassy field and she and the girls behind us started doing cartwheels and playing.

Until one of the little girls came running over screaming and holding her arm. The parents, obviously having more than one child, were quite experienced and immediately told her she was fine and within a minute she was moving her arm and back doing cartwheels. If that had been me I would have been calling for a medic and immediately planning my escape route from the park.

Anywho...... once I got to the front of the line, I was told they were out of pretzels!!!! Yes, Germany is out of pretzels!!!! So having nothing for the beer to wash down, I left empty handed.

We continued around WS, bumping all the frat boys along the way.

At least they appeared to be frat boys. I believe every 21-25 year old in the greater Orlando area decided to cut loose at Epcot this night. The language was horrible!

The beer was being consumed faster than the Germans could change the kegs! Half of it was being dribbled along the WS like Hansel and Gretel leaving their trail.

It stank. Like stale beer. All over. REally just not a pretty sight at all.

We stopped a couple of times to catch shows, and of course we just had to play Kim Possible! This is a must do for us each time we are in Epcot! And it helped to take my mind off all the antics around us.

Before long we were in Mexico. Knowing that Ally and I both love the Cantina de San Angel, we decided to stop and eat. Yes. During F&W, we sampled none of the food. Or drink.

But the way Cantina is set up, Ally was able to snag a table right by the water and I could watch her from the line. So we would be able to catch Illuminations from our spot and all is well, right?

Well, almost........

I was absolutely spent from all the pushing and shoving around WS. They changed the menu at Cantina and I really didn't like what I got. Ally was laying her head down on the table. It had been a long night.

So I asked her. "Do you want to stay and watch Illuminations or head back to the Mahi Mahi?"

She decided to go. Which was THE best decision made all weekend!

We fought our way back to the WS entrance, saw a boat at the dock, and raced to catch it just before they closed the gate. So we settled in to our seats on the back for a nice open air ride back to the Mahi when, right before we stopped at the BW, the bottom fell out of the sky.

Literally.

The rain was coming in sideways and we were soaked before we could even get inside.

Now this is where the Mahi Mahi ROCKS!!! It is the only resort that has a covered walkway all the way from the boat dock to the resort. Never knew just how important that might be, but trust me. It was very important.

So Ally decided that she was just about the smartest little girl around. Because if she had not decided to come back, we would have been stuck at Epcot in the monsoon. And it did not let up until well after closing time. It rained for HOURS like that.....

Whew! Barely escaped all that.

So I got Ally tucked in, and grabbed one of my Diet Cokes, that I would NOT be leaving behind the next day, and relaxed with my laptop for awhile before going to sleep myself.

Up next, Ally leads the parade at Crystal Palace!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!

Last edited by karajeboo; 12-08-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #155
podsnel

So that McSparkly Whoop A$$...is there a 20% discount when you buy it by the case???

Ugh...I didn't know the drunk bride was pregnant- that's HORRIBLE on top of all of the rest of it being HORRIBLE!!! So glad it went right over Ally's head. Those girls would not have been as lucky if I had been on that boat. I would have released some NJ Whoop A$$...it comes in a SUPERsize can!!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #156
wishspirit
When you wish upon a star!
I am a shy girl who loves to laugh!
Im just greedy i suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
The bride was already three sheets to the wind, and the wind was a flappin that veil. That was beautifully adorned with condoms.

And did I mention the lovely blushing bride was with child? Yeah, my guess is about 5 months along..... Nice. Classy.
Makes you think she should of been using them rather than making them into headwear, but there we go!

Disney a place for boozie hen nights? I think not!!

I would of gone ballistic at them too, and I don't even have kids! I wonder how you can be so restrained!

I am glad you made it before the rain came down! What a way to end a day!

Great update!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #157
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

McSparkly NJ Whoop A$$....that would be priceless. It is crazy that people are that insensitive. I don't get it. I will just make sure that we aren't at Epcot on a Sat night when we go next year.

Ally is a smart kid for leaving.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #158
podsnel

McSparkly NJ Whoop A$$- I believe it involves flipping a table...in a very classy way, of course...
Old 12-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #159
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Oh man, I would have been LIVID. Lordy. No pretzels in Germany, a changed menu. Good thing you went back, ah diet coke!
Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #160
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Sorry to hear about the evenng. At least you beat the rain back though so it didn't end on as bad of a note as it could have.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #161
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Lively ,humorous ,entertaining .... shallI continue !! Great job Kara !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #162
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I know you talked about this before on our thread, but it makes me mad all over again! How could those bridezilla-ettes think it would be remotely okay to conduct themselves like that at WDW? Or the Frat Boys for that matter? Good thing you dodged the rain!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #163
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
So that McSparkly Whoop A$$...is there a 20% discount when you buy it by the case???
No, but you can use your TIW card and get 20% off.... including alcohol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishspirit View Post
Makes you think she should of been using them rather than making them into headwear, but there we go!

Disney a place for boozie hen nights? I think not!!

I would of gone ballistic at them too, and I don't even have kids! I wonder how you can be so restrained!

I am glad you made it before the rain came down! What a way to end a day!

Great update!
I think I was so restrained because I was in shock. Seriously. I'm sure a few flies made their way into my mouth as my chin was on the floor through most of the boat ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
McSparkly NJ Whoop A$$....that would be priceless. It is crazy that people are that insensitive. I don't get it. I will just make sure that we aren't at Epcot on a Sat night when we go next year.

Ally is a smart kid for leaving.
Of course she is, she takes after her mama!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Oh man, I would have been LIVID. Lordy. No pretzels in Germany, a changed menu. Good thing you went back, ah diet coke!
It was a crazy night! Don't they know who I am? Didn't they see the aura around us as we approached the pretzel stand? We are the McSparklesons!!!!! But alas, must have been some new German students and they hadn't been schooled in the ways of all things sparkly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Sorry to hear about the evenng. At least you beat the rain back though so it didn't end on as bad of a note as it could have.
I felt SOOOOO bad for everyone stuck in the parks that night! Well, except for the McNasty party..... and all the drunks at Epcot. But it was a HARD rain, and it lasted a long time so there was no escaping it! And because it was night, you couldn't see it rolling in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Lively ,humorous ,entertaining .... shallI continue !! Great job Kara !!
Thanks Rosie! You are so good for my ego!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I know you talked about this before on our thread, but it makes me mad all over again! How could those bridezilla-ettes think it would be remotely okay to conduct themselves like that at WDW? Or the Frat Boys for that matter? Good thing you dodged the rain!
I know, right??? I mean, sure, I like to partake in a beverage (or 4) while in World Showcase, too, but never to the point I'm all sloppy!!! It was weird to see packs of young adults, too....

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #164
karajeboo

Reporting LIVE from wdw!!! With my new iPhone disboard app! Spent day at dhs now checking in to wilderness lodge - of course there will be a new tr!!!!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #165
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Yikes!! I have something to say about those "ladies" but I can't say stuff like that here. I am so glad I have never experienced that craziness at F&W. I think I'll continue to go early on a weekday to get my fill.

Yes I will drink at 11am rather than be amongst bridezllas and frat boys.

You're there now!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: