Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #16
See.low
Mouseketeer

Location: Just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

I don't love Russel, but somehow I found myself pulling for him last night...what is wrong with me?
This season has been awesome. Last night's episode was one of the best in a few seasons of Survivor imo.

-p.s. I miss you all! I wish we could find an online game that we ALL love again.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:08 AM   #17
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

This past weeks episode was pretty amazing. Russell pulling out that immunity idol for the second time and totally blindsiding the other half of the tribe was awesome.

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
CAJUNWDWFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
Matty D
Mouseketeer

I thoroughly enjoy all of Russell's antics. Love or hate the guy, but you have to appreciate his working every imaginable angle to win this game. The guy is just pure TV gold.

I miss ya'll as well, some more than others.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #19
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty D View Post

I miss ya'll as well, some more than others
Sigh... {{kick}}

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats,#28 Little Bee,#29 The Art Forger

Currently reading: #30 One Plus One and #31 Double Whammy

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #20
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

I miss everybody too!

I am not playing any of the fantasy leagues this season... has CBS gotten more user-friendly?

I don't love Russel, but I will admit he is one of the better players in a really long time. Those blindsides have been classic, and I love how he finds the Idol before the clues are out. Tonight should be awesome.

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
threeboysmom

I'm a Russell fan. I can't help it. I admire the people that actually play the game to win it. If anyone deserves the million dollars, it is him. Although Natalie killing that rat was VERY impressive!! I'd swing and miss for sure!

My turn to brag again. I've worked my way up to 5th place on CBS (and yes, Sorsha, it's improving... I think? or maybe I'm just used to all their glitches by now...)

I'm only 13 points away from first place!!

Now I'm agonizing over who to take tonight... (although you can see my tentative picks...)

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats,#28 Little Bee,#29 The Art Forger

Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #22
aengus
Official Head VMK Cheerleader!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who’s the fairest of them all? LAVA BOI!
K0|\|9R472 0|\| 73H 749 |\|4|\|0!, I H4D |\|0 iD34 j00 \/\/3R3 8ILi|\|9|_|4l

DISboards Moderator

Hope you picked Mick Pink!

Wow, Russel does it again. I know the teaser for next week doesnt look good for Russel, but not buying that for a minute!

Very entertaining. LOL I cant believe those guys look suprised every week when something goes wrong. 3 weeks in a row dudes... Stop being so naive!
aengus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #23
CAJUNWDWFAN
Do or Do Not, There is No Try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
I'm a Russell fan. I can't help it. I admire the people that actually play the game to win it. If anyone deserves the million dollars, it is him. Although Natalie killing that rat was VERY impressive!! I'd swing and miss for sure!

My turn to brag again. I've worked my way up to 5th place on CBS (and yes, Sorsha, it's improving... I think? or maybe I'm just used to all their glitches by now...)

I'm only 13 points away from first place!!

Now I'm agonizing over who to take tonight... (although you can see my tentative picks...)

Wow you are doing great! I didn't realize anyone was playing this year.

Disney Trips: 20 Trips and Counting!)
Grand Floridian Dec.-2013
Beach Club Dec.-2009, April 2014 (Stone Harbor Club twice!)
Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!) Sept.-2013
Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008, April-2012
Wilderness Lodge Dec.-2005, Oct.-2011
Port Orleans 1994, Port Orleans Riverside Oct.-2007, May-2013
Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)
CAJUNWDWFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:16 AM   #24
aengus

DISboards Moderator

heh, my mistake so now John has to go

another great episode, cant wait for next week. Can't wait to see how shambo reacts
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 AM   #25
aengus

DISboards Moderator

what are the vegas odds on Russel?

ROFL so many people know what he does for a living now though, he may lose for that fact alone. I don't know, hard not to respect his game. I mean 8 - 4 at merge, come on now!

Pink how are you doing in the fantasy survivor?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #26
threeboysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aengus View Post
heh, my mistake so now John has to go
LOVED that! Russell is quite the character. Don't like him as a person, but love him as a Survivor. I am rooting for him to win it... but don't think he can because of the fact that he blabbed about his millions. (one mistake he made that will cost him big time, I fear - he may lose this game because of that...)

And Aengus, I dropped down to 9th place this past week. I didn't hve Jaison who won Immunity... and Shambo scored really well with names (who would have thunk). I think I'm out of it at this point. But always fun to play...

Old 12-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
aengus

DISboards Moderator

This season definitely shows they arent losing their MOJO.

bravo, cant wait for next one

It only takes one risk to put you right back into the running pink

and not to mention... 9th out of how many? ROFL
Old 12-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #28
aengus

DISboards Moderator

What a great season. When the winner was announced I thought to myself... what? are they crazy? Russel had the better game! Then later I realized, no, Natalie did... simple, she won! I guess the TV audience forgets how personally people take things. Russel did make a mistake, he didnt factor in the fact that nobody likes being beaten. It was easy to vote for Natalie because none of them probably feel she beat them. Poor Mick! LOL Honestly he played no differently than Natalie, but I guess he wasnt cute enough Great season! And the Heroes versus Villains looks intriguing! Bring it!
Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
KrazyPete
skeleton

I think I would have voted for Natalie.

Russell's game is way overrated. He was a great character and the show's producers reminded us that he was a "mastermind" every chance they got. The fact is, he made a lot of mistakes. Pouring out the water and burning socks didn't give him control over anyone's mind. Actually, they shrugged it off. If anything it weakened his tribe in challenges and contributed to the horrible position they were in going into the merge. I was impressed when he kept finding idols. I was unimpressed with his "strategy" of showing it to EVERYONE! His post-merge show and tell sessions to every single member of the Galu tribe were comical. And yeah, bragging about being a millionaire, another big blunder. That probably called into question everything else he told them including the one about losing "Rocky" during Katrina. He did not pull in Shambo. She was pushed out of Galu. She considered herself a Foa member from her first trip to visit their camp. And I'd like to point out that whenever a member visited from Galu Russell usually lurked around the edges of camp making wisecracks to the camera and refusing to interact.

I love the guy. He was fun to watch. He was absolutely not the best strategic player ever.

Now, give me ONE mistake Natalie made? She knew where her strength was and she played a brilliant social game. No one ever had an unkind word to say about Natalie. She may not have been the strongest player but she never lost a challenge for her tribe. She clubbed a rat as big as one of Shaq's sneakers. Evil Russell was "leading" and drawing all the of heat to himself. Why not let him? That's not riding coattails, that's brilliant game play. She orchestrated the most important blindside in the game. There's no way Russell could have swung Galu against Erik. Galu trusted Natalie because she seemed so completely harmless. Nothing else would have mattered if it wasn't Erik that went out first after the merge.

Then, in front of the jury. Natalie is humble and Russell is arrogant. When it mattered the most, he flubbed it completely. It was clearly a bitter jury and he chooses to address them as if his winning is somehow inevitable?

I hope he's the first one voted out of Heroes vs. Villians.

Edited to add:
I just found this article on NPR via a Facebook friend and I think it describes what happened this season pretty accurately.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2...ner_offen.html

Last edited by KrazyPete; 12-21-2009 at 11:36 PM.
KrazyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #30
aengus

DISboards Moderator

Well if I believed that was Natalie's plan it would make sense. It just happened to be her lack of planning that landed her the 1,000,000

I have looked on the fan sites and have seen the rumored teams named. I have to tell you, if its close to accurate the villains are going to get slaughtered in challenges. I dont see how the villains would stand a chance, unless the heroes didnt pay attention to this season that is

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: