Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #31
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyofthreeboys View Post

NEVER did I think this board would come to this.

Sad indeed.

Where will our new home be?
I think we are going to try http://www.mousescrappers.com/forum/index.php for our challenges now. It is a site for Disney scrappers (traditional and digital), so let's all head over there and give it a try!

BTW, I never thought any of this had to do with paper vs. digi scrappers. It is all a misunderstanding about designers participating in our board. The mods think those folks were here for self-promotion, where we all thought they were here because we enjoyed one another's company.

I had started a blog of all of my favorite Disney kits and freebies, but I haven't been keeping it up because the DIS had become such a fantastic resource. I guess I'll start updating that blog again! I don't know if I can get all the info on there that we had, but I can try!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:08 AM   #32
kathleena
Because everyone needs a Fairy Godmother
All fairies are friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlovew View Post
Can everyone post credits- the name of the designer without linking back to the store in any way, if you list the name of the designer without the store and a link would you be within your TOU- we are trying to come to a middle ground- allowing everyone to post while not being outside of the guidelines.
Too little too late. The time to discuss was before the "guidelines" (and lets face it, they are more like rules than guidelines, no they ARE rules, laws perhaps) were issued. That would have been the time to address the community and say - there are posts here that are beyond the rules here, we need to discuss to understand. Instead - you just make the rules without even knowing anything about copyright, get everyone upset and then try to come back and go to a middle ground?

Typical DIS behavior, I've seen it in other forums - make the rules, ban, then oops, we need to discuss. And the banning of one particular person here recently without discussion is just inexcusable. A PM to her explaining what what about to happen and why was in order. Just common courtesy to a person who is really nice.

I have always believed in a good neighbor policy - you don't call the cops on your neighbors until you discuss, unless it's life threatening. What you have done here is, you've called the cops and now trying to smooth it over. Doesn't work for me. I left the DVC forums over how their mods chose to operate, now I'm gone from here too.

And by the way - the people you are driving away are the ones that use your sponsors. Or rather used to use your sponsors. I know I won't be.

I had to turn 58, so I did it on the Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise!

kathleena is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #33
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Oh yeah, one rhetorical/snarky question just for the record -- how do we know that the people posting Crocs deals or CVS deals don't work for thos companies? Hmmmm.... This whole thing just rubs me the wrong way, as the Budget board and Scrapbooking board are my favorite parts of the DIS and we really seem to be taking some heat lately.

Last edited by labdogs42; 09-17-2009 at 07:59 AM.
labdogs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #34
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser2008 View Post
Can one of the mods please respond to my question in this thread? I'm just trying to understand the new rules.

ETA -- The same question would apply to this thread, this thread, and this thread....
Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
Oh yeah, one rhetorical/snarky question just for the record -- how do we know that the people posting Crocs deals or CVS deals don't work for thos companies? Hmmmm.... This whole thing just rubs me the wrong way, as the Bidget board and Scrapbooking board are my favorite parts of the DIS and we really seem to be taking some heat lately.
The threads here in the Creative Community forum are well within the guidelines because even though people are posting on these threads there are no blinkies, no links to "for sale" sites and blogs, and they are not repeatedly promoting these sites on a daily basis while having the above mentioned in their signatures. There is no personal gain by posting these kinds of enabler threads. I can not speak for the Crocs and CVS thread because I don't frequent those.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #35
kathleena
Because everyone needs a Fairy Godmother
All fairies are friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
The threads here in the Creative Community forum are well within the guidelines because even though people are posting on these threads there are no blinkies, no links to "for sale" sites and blogs, and they are not repeatedly promoting these sites on a daily basis while having the above mentioned in their signatures. There is no personal gain by posting these kinds of enabler threads. I can not speak for the Crocs and CVS thread because I don't frequent those.
How about this one, blatent advertising for etsy?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2265493

I had to turn 58, so I did it on the Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise!

kathleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #36
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I can't see that link because it's been removed from admin. apparently is was in violation of the guidelines so thank you for bringing it to our attention.
If you ever see blatant advertising please use the triangle button in the user's avatar area so we can take care of it.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #37
thedisneydiva
Earning My Ears

This is so sad. I cannot tell you how much information and inspiration I have received regarding digital scapbooking and where to find the disney related kits. I would know NOTHING if it weren't for these AWESOME ladies who have shared so much good information!

I will be joining you on the new site for sure! It's such a shame the way this happened, I have never encountered anything like this on the DIS.

WDW
Oct. 03 GFR, March 04 Poly, Nov. 04 Cont., Feb. 05 Poly, May 05, Poly, Nov. 05 CBR, March 06 Cont., Feb. 07 WLV, Cont., March 07 Cont., Dec. 07 Cont.
March 08- CBR, Oct. 08 Cont., Dec. 08 YCR, May 2011, Poly

DL June 07
thedisneydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #38
Stephres
Likes Disney and Scrapbooking
All my dolls were very cozy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterKathy View Post
- you can provide information about places to find good deals/sales and such as people ask for information and you find it as long as you are not a member of a design team or designer for that store.
For the record I got a warning for doing this on the disboutiquers thread on the family board so this is not accurate information. Someone asked where to buy a digital design so I answered them. I was not affiliated with the store at all and still got a warning and was told I would get points if I did it again.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #39
jeffsamber
Earning My Ears

Wow. That's a lot of drama.

DIS, thank you so much for all of the info that I've gathered here for my upcoming trip! I've been super excited to combine my love for Disney trips and my love for digital scrapbooking, but I gotta tell you in all love for you guys that this is more drama than I have time for. I'm such a rule follower that I'd be nervous all the time that I was doing something wrong. Really sucks the fun right out of it and scrapping Disney should definitely be fun.

Logging off. Won't be back. Don't have time.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #40
janette
aka going2wdw
Wants to know who moved her button???
Ask me for directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterKathy View Post
- you can provide information about places to find good deals/sales and such as people ask for information and you find it as long as you are not a member of a design team or designer for that store

It appears that one of my favorite stores is now an edited site, how am I going to let people know of deals there. Just when I think the administration can't suprise me a new low is reached.

Just checking the link www.*****************

janette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #41
luv2scrapmm
Earning My Ears

I too was new to the DIS boards and joined because of the digi-challenge thread since I was new to digi-scrapping and wanted to find more info about Disney-esque items. There is now no longer a reason for me to stay. I have my 2 favorite sites for planning and a community board that have always been very friendly and supportive. I'll be following many of you to the new place for inspiration to digi-scrap my Disney photos.

BTW- anyone know how to delete your profile? I no longer need it and would like to remove it. I saw someone posted this very question in the technical section on the 9th but there was no response unless they were possibly PM'd. I try to think the best of people and would hope that someone on the technical team responded to her.
luv2scrapmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #42
jacksonfarms46147
Mouseketeer

This is ridiculous. While no one has mentioned her by name we are all well aware that Brittish Designs was banned for life. I'm sure there must have been others. When you make a rule change it is appropriate to allow people a period to adjust to the new rules. Not ban them for things they didn't even know they were violation of. I'm assuming that mods don't get paid and wonder at how they seem to have nothing better to do than to mess with the rules. I ADORED the Dis but now it is just a pain in the backside since you never know if some aspect of it you like is going to be changed willy nilly. You talk about the for profit line which makes no sense since this entire board is directly linked to the profit of a third party....Disney. I am a grown up and can decide for myself what to spend my money on..I don't need to be policed. No one is being taken advantage of. When I see a digital kit, whether it was posted by another member or the creator, I can decide for myself. I have never seen anyone on here OVERLY advertise anything which is the only time I can see your rules being helpful.
So knock it off... you're shooting yourself in the foot. You aren't going to have anyone to moderate if you keep it up. I would like to ask that you lift the ban on Brittish Designs and anyone else you kicked off without giving them time to adjust to the new rules. And apologize. The way this has been done was just silly. it would have been better to announce that on Oct. 1st these new rules will be implemented. No one likes a game where the rules are just changed as you go along. I would also like you to add a thread that is just for designers who are allowed to post their Disney related kits one time so that you will not rob the rest of us of a resource to find these items. If someone has a problem with with the for profit designers they simply don't visit that thread. Police that thread to your little hearts content.
I don't get the rule change as I cannot see how what we were doing here was hurting anyone.
Jodi
jacksonfarms46147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #43
tngirl1979
Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting a wonderful post. I completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonfarms46147 View Post
This is ridiculous. While no one has mentioned her by name we are all well aware that Brittish Designs was banned for life. I'm sure there must have been others. When you make a rule change it is appropriate to allow people a period to adjust to the new rules. Not ban them for things they didn't even know they were violation of. I'm assuming that mods don't get paid and wonder at how they seem to have nothing better to do than to mess with the rules. I ADORED the Dis but now it is just a pain in the backside since you never know if some aspect of it you like is going to be changed willy nilly. You talk about the for profit line which makes no sense since this entire board is directly linked to the profit of a third party....Disney. I am a grown up and can decide for myself what to spend my money on..I don't need to be policed. No one is being taken advantage of. When I see a digital kit, whether it was posted by another member or the creator, I can decide for myself. I have never seen anyone on here OVERLY advertise anything which is the only time I can see your rules being helpful.
So knock it off... you're shooting yourself in the foot. You aren't going to have anyone to moderate if you keep it up. I would like to ask that you lift the ban on Brittish Designs and anyone else you kicked off without giving them time to adjust to the new rules. And apologize. The way this has been done was just silly. it would have been better to announce that on Oct. 1st these new rules will be implemented. No one likes a game where the rules are just changed as you go along. I would also like you to add a thread that is just for designers who are allowed to post their Disney related kits one time so that you will not rob the rest of us of a resource to find these items. If someone has a problem with with the for profit designers they simply don't visit that thread. Police that thread to your little hearts content.
I don't get the rule change as I cannot see how what we were doing here was hurting anyone.
Jodi
tngirl1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #44
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonfarms46147 View Post
Jodi
I completely agree. I said the same thing regarding it being a choice to buy something. I like knowing what's available (free or for purchase) and am completely capable of making a decision to purchase something.
I agree that a thread of the "profitable resources" is a very good compromise. For those that are offended that someone with talent is making a small profit from selling something they worked hard to create, simply don't visit that thread.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #45
WebmasterKathy

Not Podcast Kathy, I'm the other one
Bring on the tequila and chocolates!

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2scrapmm View Post
BTW- anyone know how to delete your profile? I no longer need it and would like to remove it. I saw someone posted this very question in the technical section on the 9th but there was no response unless they were possibly PM'd. I try to think the best of people and would hope that someone on the technical team responded to her.
Once a profile is created and used for posting here, it cannot be deleted. You can edit any of your information in that profile (except for the username). To stop participating, you simply stop posting.

To clear up one other issue: We will not discuss or debate details of any posters' situation with other posters. But I will say that the only accounts terminated recently for users active on this forum have been terminated due to advertising/personal business promotion issues, and only after those posters had received multiple warnings about those issues.

From our guidelines:
Quote:
if its determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges.
That is the crux of the issue here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: