Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #31
bunny_pop
Mouseketeer

Oh I just love your save the dates and your watch. very pretty
Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #32
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny_pop View Post
Oh I just love your save the dates and your watch. very pretty
Thank you! and thanks for reading! And Congrats on you October wedding! Bet you're getting excited as it gets closer!
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #33
DisneyCookie24

Will you Be my Bridesmaid?

I didn't want to just ask the girls, so I made these cards and bought them each a frame with a pic of us in it... Some of the girls have ALOT of pictures of us together, so that is why you may see some whacky pics of us instead of a nice one of us smiling together...

I got the idea for the cards over at weddingbee.com, here, and I really did copy them almost exactly. ... what can i say, I rarely have a good idea myself, but I definitely know one when I see one... But I give credit where credit is due

Here are the ORIGINAL ones

And here are mine

At the time, those were going to be my wedding colors, but I have changed them numerous times since then... As with everything...

The girls loved them and thought it was cute... We didn't make anything for the boys, is that bad?? My brothers are in the wedding, and they would make fun of me if I did that.. I don't need any more reasons for them to tease me...haha... it's all good fun though!

Last edited by DisneyCookie24; 03-28-2010 at 06:14 PM.
DisneyCookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #34
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Awww!
So cute! I love them!
Great job!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #35
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your save the dates!!! They are really amazing!

I also really love the cards you made for your bridesmaids. I wish I had done something like that. regrets regrets regrets.
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #36
DisneyCookie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKat View Post
Awww!
So cute! I love them!
Great job!
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
I LOVE your save the dates!!! They are really amazing!

I also really love the cards you made for your bridesmaids. I wish I had done something like that. regrets regrets regrets.
Thank you! It's Ok about not doing them for your girls, you know that all they cared about was getting to stand by you through it all, and they don't care how they were asked.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #37
DisneyCookie24

What I am doing...

When I should be cleaning!

I made this yesterday when I was supposed to be cleaning... It was fun, and I love it, it makes me laugh to see the heads on the body's, especially my nephews...

This is a pretty good vision of what the wedding party will be wearing I think... nothing is purchased yet, but the bridesmaids dresses have been tried on by a few of the girls and they LOVE them, so as long as the other ones like it too, then this will be them. The guys will just be in black suits. The flowers I found on etsy.com and I really like them and think I am going to buy them. But I think it's too soon to do so. I would damage them between now and January ...The girls shoes will be pink. Hot pink. So far this wedding dress is my top pick, but I am not 100% yet. I am not doing any dress shopping until mid May so I can lose a little weight first. But this is my vision so far, I think I like it... And it's also pasted onto the Crescent Terrace at the Swan and Dolphin where we will be getting married.. yay!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #38
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

HAHA omg that is fantastic!!! Besides the obvious silliness of heads on those bodies...it looks great! I love the shoes!!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #39
bunny_pop
Mouseketeer

I love that picture idea. That will give a good idea of how things will look. Everything looks great so far. Plus that's good they like the dress you've picked out for them; the pink and black combo is hot!
Thanks; I'm pretty excited. Time is flying fast.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #40
DisneyCookie24

Just got back from Florida! Met with some Vendors!

We just got back last night from a kind of short trip to Walt Disney World where we were able to meet with some vendors and get some planning done. I'm glad we did too because boy, are things changing! It's good too because I finally have something to write about again. I wish I knew where to start.

I guess I will use this post to get the not so wedding related stuff out of the way. Like where we stayed, and the fun stuff we did. I'll try not to bore you too much.

We arrived on Friday, May 7th. We stayed just one night at the Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista. The rest of the trip was at the Boardwalk Inn Villas at Disney. We didn't stay there the first night because we originally intended to drive down but booked last minute flight so we were able to extend the trip a night, and couldn't get another night at the Boardwalk. My mom is a DVC member, and that was my first time staying on the points, and man was it sweet.... We flew back home on Wednesday, May 12th, so it was sort of a short trip, but it was definitely a nice break from work. Here are some pics from our room. The resort was gorgeous... as they usually are...

On Friday night we met up with DF's close friend from back home in Texas, who is also the reason we met. He was my neighbor and one of my closest friends from the College Program in 2003 and he introduced us when DF came down to visit him over spring break...

Anyways, our friend still works seasonally at Typhoon Lagoon so he still has perks at Disney, so we decided to splurge a bit and head to Ohana's. What a great decision. The food was phenomenal! And I highly recommend it to anyone want excellent all you can eat food. Seriously, who wouldn't like a buffet where the food comes to you? Enjoy some pics.

(The boys enjoying the Backscratcher that they ordered from the bar)

On Saturday, our friend was able to get us into Typhoon Lagoon for free, so the three of us spent the day there with another college program friend of ours that we met up with. It was so good catching up. We definitely spent the ENTIRE time in the lazy river. So perfect.

Sunday we met with Randy Chapman for engagement pics, spent some time at Downtown Disney, met up with with the Private Dining Coordinator at Il Mulino at the Swan, had dinner there to try out the food, and then relaxed the rest of the night. I will go into all of that in other posts to give some better info on Randy and the restauant.

Monday was a fun day at Epcot.

Tuesday we met with our wedding coordinator Karen of Just Marry for the Swan and Dolphin, and tried a ton of cakes. Again, more on that in a future post.

Wednesday we shopped around, toured some DVC model rooms, and headed home.

Sorry this was so long. You can see why I need to seperate it up into other posts. Maybe I should have made a trip report?? Anyways, I will fill you in more on our meetings with the vendors in the next few days. I have so much to share, good and bad.

TTFN
Old 05-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #41
DisneyCookie24

Engagement Pics with Randy - No Pics YET

Alright, I am just going to start my reviews and findings from this trip from the very beginning. So first up is Sunday morning engagement pics with Randy Chapman.

Unfortunately this wont be too exciting of a review since it hasn't even been a week yet, so there will be no pictures to post. But I will post as SOON as I get them.

I will, however, say that Randy was awesome to work with. I tend to be really akward in front of cameras, but he made it very easy and fun. We went to Downtown Disney and got some shots in front of the big hot air balloon, by Fulton's, by Legoland, and all over the place really. DF is a big Lego geek as I like to call him, so Randy got some good shots of us and my engagement ring by the Legos. I can't wait to get them back. I think they will be great.

So far so good with Randy, I am glad we did this with him, so now we know what to expect at the wedding, and it's one less thing I will be worried about.

I will post some pics when I get them!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #42
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Hi, I just found your PJ. I love your wedding colors! The black and pink look fantastic together. And that Photoshopped picture is FANTASTIC, if I had the slightest clue how to use Photoshop I'd make one and post it on my wedding website for laughs... and then I'd dork out and print it for my wedding scrapbook.

Can't wait to see the engagement pics!

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

My book blog: http://theavidreader.typepad.com/

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #43
perla75
DIS Veteran

Hey there!!!

I am really enjoying your PJ so far &......I'm laughing at how much we have in common with our weddings!!! I'm also planning a Swan/Dolphin wedding at Crescent Terrace, I also have Karen G. as my planner, also using Randy for our photography, AND I'm also using the boarding pass templates for our Save the Dates!!

Happy planning to you-looks like you are off to a great start!!

Last edited by perla75; 05-14-2010 at 10:16 PM.
perla75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #44
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Me too!!!
I am having a S and D VR on 4th May 2011 and Karen is my planner too (at least so far - I am just in the process of sending my deposit and she is the one I have dealt with so far - I don't know whether they change your planner once your contract is signed like DFTW sometimes do). I also have Randy as my photographer!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #45
DisneyCookie24

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Hi, I just found your PJ. I love your wedding colors! The black and pink look fantastic together. And that Photoshopped picture is FANTASTIC, if I had the slightest clue how to use Photoshop I'd make one and post it on my wedding website for laughs... and then I'd dork out and print it for my wedding scrapbook.

Can't wait to see the engagement pics!
Thanks! That's a good idea about putting it on your wedding website! I may have to do that, everyone would get a kick out of it haha.... And I already have it printed and its hanging all over the place in our house, and in a scrap book already, ahaha! I embrace my inner dork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perla75 View Post
Hey there!!!

I am really enjoying your PJ so far &......I'm laughing at how much we have in common with our weddings!!! I'm also planning a Swan/Dolphin wedding at Crescent Terrace, I also have Karen G. as my planner, also using Randy for our photography, AND I'm also using the boarding pass templates for our Save the Dates!!

Happy planning to you-looks like you are off to a great start!!
I'm glad you are enjoying it so far.... Sorry I never update it though! That's awesome that we have so much common ground! Someone I can talk to if needed! Hope everything is going good so far with you! I know I love Karen and Randy so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Me too!!!
I am having a S and D VR on 4th May 2011 and Karen is my planner too (at least so far - I am just in the process of sending my deposit and she is the one I have dealt with so far - I don't know whether they change your planner once your contract is signed like DFTW sometimes do). I also have Randy as my photographer!!
Congrats on the Vow Renewal! I know Karen has been wonderful to me this whole process and she should be the one with you until your big day... And Randy is great... I am finally uploading my E-pics on my computer and will be posting them tonight... finally! Good luck with everything!

Tags
details, directory, index, intro

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: