Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #16
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Your proposal story is so sweet. I love how he found a way to incorporate Disney into it even though you couldn't make the trip. Very creative and sweet! look forward to hearing more about your plans.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #17
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!

Enough about us, time for the wedding stuff...

Ok, so nothing is officially booked yet, well kind of, but here are our thoughts and tenative plans so far:

Technically, we are booked to get married on June 2th, 2010, in Medina, Ohio.... we payed the deposit and reserved the hall, buuuuuttt....... I like to change my mind a lot, and decided that is NOT where I want to get married. The guest list for the Ohio wedding was nearing 300, and the greater majority was in fact family (we have big families).

Even though we were booked and everything, I was constantly thinking about other places to get married... and most often about going to Disney for it. So after doing more research (90% of it through here, so thank you guys for the great info!) we decided that a Disney Wedding would still save us money and DF and I would be so much happier there. We are such a Disney couple and we have no idea why we didn't take this road from the very beginning.

So our first thought was to do a wishes wedding and trying to stay at the 10,000$ minimum, and we were ok with that price, it fit our budget... a little higher than we would like, but doable... HOWEVER... after further research, we found the minimum would be raised to 12,000$ for 2011 (at least), soooo, thats when I did some more research and heard about the Swan and Dolphin, and Fulton's Crab House (Thanks ladies for those suggestions! It helped!)

So, long story made just a little shorter (but not much), here are the two options that we have narrowed it down to:

1) Ceremony at the Swan and Dolphin in the Crescent Terrace

with a reception to follow (maybe with a cocktail hour in between, not sure yet, at Il Mulino at the Swan and Dolphin

Or Option 2)

Ceremony and Reception at Fultons Crab House

So far I am leaning for Fulton's, the price for there comes out to be about 1200$ cheaper. Which means more money for something else. I am always for that. However, just 3 days ago, I was dead certain that it was going to be at the Swan and Dolphin... soI may change my mind again yeah, that's what I am best at....

I will leave it at that for today, I hope I can write more tomorrow!
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #18
DisneyCookie24

6 months since my last post, yikes! But the vision is clearer now

OK, so it's been a LONG time since I posted on here... I think that it was mostly because I didn't have a very clear vision of how this wedding was going to work out, and I was getting discouraged. But this last month or so, things have been coming together better and I'm back in planning mode! So I will bring this PJ up to speed! I apologize if I repeat anything...

**What's been Booked**

Date: OFFICIALLY January 4th, 2011
Ceremony Location: The Swan and Dolphin, Crescent Terrace

Reception Location: Il Mulino at the Swan and Dolphin

Photographer: Randy Chapman

Officiant: Rev Tim Herring

Wedding Planner: Karen Gingerich

Save The Dates: Made and will be sent this weekend sometime...

Colors: Black, Silver, and Pink (like a deep/hot pink, not the light stuff)

Theme: Snowflakes... although I may change it...

Rooming Block: I have made rooming arrangements with Disney's Magical Gathering's People to block off 10 rooms for 7 nights at All Star Sport, Port Orleans, and the Poly.

Groom's Attire: We bought a Suit at Men Wearhouse, but we still need to pick out a tie and shirt for underneath, but it was exciting to get something done in that aspect.

Website: www.terranceandamanda.com (it's password protected, but if you would like to see it just PM me and I will give it to you) I will have some screen shots up later on.

Bridal Party: We have 5 Groomsmen and 5 Bridesmaids, and 1 Jr. Groomsman/Ring Bearer

**What's in Progress**

Hair & Makeup: Looking into either Patricia LeJune or Beaute Speciale since they both seem to be highly recommended by many of you here, but if you have any other suggestions, I am all ears!

Ceremony/Cocktail Hour Music: I am pretty certain that I will be booking a steel drum player. I feel like that will clash with the whole January and Snowflake thing, but I love how they sound and they seem so fun... so I'm thinking I will just go for it.

Reception Music: since it is a dinner reception, and I don't really think there will be room for any type of dancing to happen, I will probably just let the restaurants music play, or play my IPod...

**Stuff to Work On**

Ahh! Everything Else!

The Dress: Usually this is high on other bride's lists, but I want to lose 12 more pounds before I do any more dress shopping. I have gone and found some potential dresses, but I really want to wait. However, if I don't reach that goal by the end of May, then I am going to go regardless cause I don't want to wait too long and not have a dress in time for the Wedding!

Bridesmaids Dresses: We're thinkin' black and short with pink accessories/sashes

Well, I know there is more, but I will have to post that later. I will also go into details on the stuff above probably as well. Now that I have things booked, it is less stressful, however, the stress is by no means gone! I fear it never will be either...
Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
bunny_pop
Mouseketeer

You're wedding sounds exciting! I'm using Just Marry as well...but Karen is my assistant planner. Isn't she just amazing
Old 03-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #20
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

We had Tim Herring too, you will LOVE him!

We had a really really great experience with Ana from Beaute Speciale but I have read great things about Patricia too.

Looks good! You must feel so much more at ease knowing all of the basics are in place.
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #21
DisneyCookie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny_pop View Post
You're wedding sounds exciting! I'm using Just Marry as well...but Karen is my assistant planner. Isn't she just amazing
OMG, She has been phenomenal... She is always checking in on me to see how I am doing with the wedding planning and has been so helpful all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
We had Tim Herring too, you will LOVE him!

We had a really really great experience with Ana from Beaute Speciale but I have read great things about Patricia too.

Looks good! You must feel so much more at ease knowing all of the basics are in place.

That's so good to hear. I am going on a pre wedding trip to Florida in May so hopefully I will get to set up a trial with one of them. I am leaning towards Ana right now, but I need to see if either of them are even available. That would help!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #22
DisneyCookie24

Save the Dates... my first DIY

These were very fun to make and I am VERY pleased with how they came out. I went with the boarding pass type of save the date that I have seen else where on Etsy and I think I have seen a few on the boards as well.

I designed the boarding pass using GIMP photo editing software and printed them on high quality photo paper. I fit 3 on a page. Then I stuck them to some adhesive magnetic sheets that I bought in bulk at Custom-Magnets.com. Then I cut them out in rectangles and used a corner punch to round the corners.

Since our website has a password on it, I decided to make a little sheet that had the password on it and stuck it on the backside of the magnets.

This is my moms Xyron that I used to stick the label wraps and Password Cards to the STDs

For the envelopes, I went with black ones and used a pink label wrap and used a big snowflake stamp across it.

I am quite pleased with the outcome... I hope the rest of my DIY projects are successful

Last edited by DisneyCookie24; 03-23-2010 at 10:01 PM.
DisneyCookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #23
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Those are beautiful! I love them, GREAT JOB!

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #24
DisneyCookie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
Those are beautiful! I love them, GREAT JOB!
Thank you!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #25
DisneyCookie24

Website

My wedding website is a work in progress, and it took me AGES to get it how I liked it, and I still am not 100% happy with it, but I don't think I ever will be, so I decided that I need to just let it be and only change it when information changes and it needs to be updated.

The website is www.terranceandamanda.com
It is password protected, but if you would like to check it out you can PM me for the password.

I am hosting it with bluehost.com because I already had a site using that service and was able to just add this one to it. I am using a wordpress blog instead of setting up an actual site, but it seems to do the trick.

Here is a screen shot of the Home page

and of the PRE-RSVP questionnaire

I used widgetbox.com to set up the form submissions. I paid for the pro service. It emails me each night that more people filled it out. Or I can logon to widgetbox and get the information there. I will be using this same set up in order to find out who is interested in attending the welcome and farewell events that I will probably be setting up. But I will also snail mail these inquiries to thos who may not be able to get on the internet. I just hope people use them, if they do, I think it will make life TONS easier...

Last edited by DisneyCookie24; 03-25-2010 at 08:37 AM.
DisneyCookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #26
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

I thought I posted the other day, but I love the location you chose!! It looks fantastic. And your STDs are AWESOME!!!! great job!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #27
DisneyCookie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
I thought I posted the other day, but I love the location you chose!! It looks fantastic. And your STDs are AWESOME!!!! great job!
Not sure why it didn't go through! O Well. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I've never DIYed before and it's cool to know I made that.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #28
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Joining in!

I love everything so far, looks like your plans are coming along beautifully! I can't wait to keep reading along!

Your proposal story was so sweet!!!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #29
DisneyCookie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKat View Post
Joining in!

I love everything so far, looks like your plans are coming along beautifully! I can't wait to keep reading along!

Your proposal story was so sweet!!!
Thank you, it's nice to finally have things moving along. I love that he proposed in the Disney Store, cuz now, every time we go in there, we are referred to as the Disney couple, i love it. Thanks for reading! I will do my bests to keep this updated this time around!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #30
DisneyCookie24

Some Disney Bling

I am trying not to worry about any jewelry or accessories type decisions until AFTER the big stuff is all done and until I pick out a dress, HOWEVER, I got this watch that I am in love with for Christmas and it will definitely be worn on my wedding day.... I makes me happy to look at it at least I know one thing I will be wearing

It's called Tinker Bell's Reflections of Time Crystal Watch, and I got from my Mom... Thanks Mom!!!

It's driving me nuts that I haven't been able to wear it, so I decided it was at least time to share it!!!

Tags
details, directory, index, intro

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: