Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Red face Photopass Walkthrough

Taking a group of 6 first-timers to Disneyland during the summer of 2010, so we're all very excited to become more familiar with the parks. I have searched and searched, read and read, and I am more confused now then I was when I began . Will someone please, with Mickey Mouse ears on top take me by the hand and walk me through the doggone photopass process?

Alright, so you get your picture taken for the first time and get a card - we keep this card and use it later making sure to duplicate the card number in some form in case our card is lost. Now, I'm done with my trip...do I have to edit my photos WHILE AT DISNEYLAND, at the little center thing, or can I go home and do it there? I order a CD when done editing, as it's the most cost efficient...correct? From there I can get prints from any place because I have the piece of paper releasing the photos...right? So, if I'm right, it goes picture taken, card scanned, pictures uploaded onto a website where I can edit them, cd ordered with extra (due to a lot of photos, not duplicates of same CD) CDs being free, then I can get prints from anywhere. Yay or nay?

Lastly, I'm a newbie to the site, is there a place where I can see what finished photopass photos look like? Or would someone mind posting some?

Thank you, everyone, in advance . I know how annoying it can be to answer the same questions over and over...and I DID look through 18 pages of past posts to try and find the answer first !
JustAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Vala
DIS Veteran

You can edit at home, that's correct.

The Photo Store however does allow you to have a look at your pictures. That's a good idea to to that if you have the chance, sometimes pictures don't show up on a Photopass account.

Do the edits and then order, that's cheapest to the best of my knowledge.

Yes, once you get the CD you can buy prints anywhere.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Yes. There was a way to pre order, but that was only a savings of the WDW Photopass CD..DLR is cheaper, so no need to pre order. You edit your pictures and home, and each little edit is saved as a new picture so you can have TONS. We took a picture of the back of our card in case it got lost. Also, others in your group can have their own card, so they can get their own pictures when you are seperated, then you can add the numbers to your account and combine them on one CD. After you get all your pictures together and edited, you order the CD. The CD has a copy of the copyright release on it, and you will probably need this at your photo developer, at least for the first use. Then you have it forever and can order pictures of your trip whenever you want, or just print them off at home.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

http://allears.net/dlr/tp/dl-ppass.htm

This is a great source of photo pass info including where the photographers are and what kinds of enhancements they can do.

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

you've got it right!

The only thing to think about is IF you want/need the edits. Some people have their own photo editing software and/or like to have just the plain pictures (for instance, avid scrapbookers who are going to mess with the pix on their own), and if you're one of those people, just buy the CD at the parks. No shipping cost (but possible tax, not sure), and they often have deals where a few prints are thrown in for the same cost.

And the one really important edit info, when you're buying them online, is that the default setting is 5x7 for edited photos. So if you don't change that, and you go to order things at 4x6, you're going to lose that border. Along with the borders, signatures, cropping, etc that you might do to each picture, you'll want to make sure you've saved as a copy the size...I have multiple sizes saved for each picture on my last CD...now...I have NO idea how I'm going to determine which is which when I go to print them, but at least I have the options LOL.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Thank you all so much, the All Ears website was really helpful. Great tip about the border in 4x6 photos too. I FINALLY understand the photopass process.
JustAKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photopass

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: