Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
abubu919
DIS Veteran

I made Pooh Puffed French Toast

I got a Disney recipe book while I was in Orlando and I was so happy when I saw this since it is by far my favorite food item at Crystal Palace for breakfast! I made it and it turned out pretty well, but it didn't puff like at the restaurant, I was wondering if anyone has ever made this before too? And if so, did it turn out same way?
Thanks
abubu919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
momto3dizkidz
Mouseketeer

Ooooh, I love that. We've made the breakfast lasagna from the CP that is in one of the cookbooks and had similar success. It was good, but not quite like what they serve.

Holly
momto3dizkidz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

I would love to have that book! What is the title and author of it and where did you get it?
Old 08-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #4
kellybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadjalu View Post
I would love to have that book! What is the title and author of it and where did you get it?
Ohhh. I'm also intrigued by this recipe book. Can you give me anymore examples of the types of recipes in it? Thanks!

Paul, my beast, according to Belle, because he hasn't shaved his face in awhile

CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK TO DISNEY!
SEPTEMBER 16th-21st 2009 -- POP! Free Dining! First trip as an adult!

kellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
momto3dizkidz
Mouseketeer

You can find disney recipes on line, too...
Old 08-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
momto3dizkidz
Mouseketeer

http://allears.net/din/rec.htm

I hope it is ok to post this here?!?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
Joan S.
DIS Veteran
Needs to 'fess up to DH about the next WDW trip!

Hi, THANKS for posting!! My 2 DS's this French Toast!! CP is a MUST DO for us each and every trip to WDW. In fact we will be having BREAKFAST with POOH the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I wanted to be there on Thanksgiving morning BUT our FAVORITE CM Karen has the day off, so we will go on the day she is there!! Also must see Zelda(another CM) not sure HER title BUT she more or less runs the PALACE!! Joan
Joan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
abubu919
DIS Veteran

The cookbook is called Cooking with Mickey Volume II....I got it at Character Premier Disney Outlet Store! It is an awesome cookbook. It has most of the recipes from different resorts, these parks, etc.

Um some examples are:
Polynesian Luau Chicken from the Polynesian Resort
Key Lime Parfait from Living Seas

There is so much it is all categorized in tabs like drinks, appetizers, soups, salads, eggs and cheese, seafood, poultry, meats, vegetables, deserts, and even sauces! It is AWESOME!

The cookbook has a red cover with Mickey on the front of it if that helps in searching for it!
Old 08-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
abubu919
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3dizkidz View Post
http://allears.net/din/rec.htm

I hope it is ok to post this here?!?
O not a problem!!! I have actually found tons of recipes from this website! and shockingly they mostly turn out pretty good
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
flyerwife
Earning My Ears

I've made the Puffed French Toast before and loved it too. Mine was not as puffy but that's because it calls for challah bread and I used regular white bread, as I recall. Tasty nonetheless. The kitchen was messy when I got done but I didn't care.

I love that book, Cooking With Mickey vol. 2. Wonder why there doesn't seem to be a volume 1??

Tonight I made the mashed potatoes from Le Cellier (the ones with cream cheese) along with my steak and corn on the cob dinner. Mmm, mmm, good!!
flyerwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubu919 View Post
O not a problem!!! I have actually found tons of recipes from this website! and shockingly they mostly turn out pretty good
I made the Tonga Toast for Father's Day, from the recipe on the website, and it came out fantastic! DH loved it and so did the kids and I! Of course, I never had actual Tonga Toast at the Poly, so I have no basis for comparison. All I can say is that it was some of the best french toast I ever ate!

I also made the pot roast recipe once from the 50s Prime Time. I used eye round, the cut I always use when I make roast beef. It came out totally awesome too, and DH also loved it! I made it with some mashed potatoes (the ones I usually make, not a Disney recipe).

I would like to make the brownies from the BW Bakery one time, maybe when we are going to someone's house and bring them. I don't usually keep baked goods in my house because they are my weakness and I try to stay in shape. My indulgence for food is always on vacation and holidays, but for every day I eat very healthy!

There are other recipes that look great too, like the cream cheese mashed potatoes from le Cellier, and the pork tenderloin from Cali Grille. We'll see...I just have to figure out a way to fit all these great recipes into my daily Weight Watchers points!

The goal is to try dishes from different restaurants to see where I may be interested in eating, or in case I don't get the chance to go to a certain place, I could still enjoy some of the dishes they offer!

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #12
abubu919
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerwife View Post
I've made the Puffed French Toast before and loved it too. Mine was not as puffy but that's because it calls for challah bread and I used regular white bread, as I recall. Tasty nonetheless. The kitchen was messy when I got done but I didn't care.

I love that book, Cooking With Mickey vol. 2. Wonder why there doesn't seem to be a volume 1??

Tonight I made the mashed potatoes from Le Cellier (the ones with cream cheese) along with my steak and corn on the cob dinner. Mmm, mmm, good!!
Oh I know I have been trying to find the Volume I, but can't seem to find it anywhere. I had the same problem with the Puffed Toast, I used regular bread. Their cookbooks are great and makes me feel like I have a bit of Disney in my own home when I make the meals I enjoy there
Old 08-27-2009, 04:02 AM   #13
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Guys, we have a HUGE Disney recipe thread right here, it's located in this forum. It even has it's own index thread to make finding your favorites easier, give it a try!
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:23 AM   #14
abubu919
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneeyes View Post
Guys, we have a HUGE Disney recipe thread right here, it's located in this forum. It even has it's own index thread to make finding your favorites easier, give it a try!
Oh thanks..I didn't know about this thread. GREAT!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #15
party of 3
i can't believe that i will have to put pants on
Hates it when they misplace the Crock Pot Sticky!

we make this french toast every easter for the egg hunt. and it's always a big hit! love it! it's probably my favorite thing about easter now!!!

party of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: