Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
quadsthen1
Mouseketeer

21 days til our surprise trip...can't hardly keep the secret!

The kids are turning 9 on August 26 and we are heading down on the 20th for 8 days!! They have NO CLUE!! I've got our matching shirts made, the hotel window decorations ready, and rubbermaid bins filled with stuff for the trip. I'm getting so excited and its all I can do not to spill the beans! Anyone else ever surprise their kids? How did you handle keeping the secret??
(ME) (DH) (DS) (DD) (DS) (DD) and (DD)

quadsthen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Pjimmeyer
1000th Happy Haunt

I'm not sure I can be much help...I wouldn't be able to hold it in!

Good luck and hope you have a magical trip!
Pjimmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
quadsthen1
Mouseketeer

I feel like there is so much to do still to get ready and I can't do any of it till the kids go to bed at night, and by then I'm tired too! School starts here in a week so hopefully I can get everything done while they are away! This is the time when 2 and 1/2 weeks feels like an eternity away yet not enough time to get it all done!
(ME) (DH) (DS) (DD) (DS) (DD) and (DD)

quadsthen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
rcnorris
Earning My Ears

We've also been keeping our trip a surprise for our 6 year old DD!! We leave Aug 21 from BC, Canada----we have a stop in Toronto and that's where she thinks we're going! Can't wait to see her face!
rcnorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
JanuaryF
Planning Obsessed

We surprised our girls (3 and 6) last November with the trip - mainly so we could keep our sanity and not have to answer "how much longer" for months. It was hard to keep the secret, but their faces were well worth it.

They are going to be getting our next trip and a Christmas present, so don't know about it yet, but it's so hard to not talk with them about it to see what they want to do. At least this time we will have a month to do some planning with them.

Jan
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
alaskanmommy
DIS Veteran

I could not keep that secret! No way, no how, not even if bribed!!! I get so excited that I just can't hold it in! Good luck on your trip and that will be such a fantastic suprise for your children!!!

alaskanmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
IZLove13
Earning My Ears

I hope you guys have fun on your trip!

I would NEVER be able to keep a Disney trip secret, so I wish you luck!
IZLove13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
ocalla
DIS Veteran

we just did this in July for our DD13. She had NO clue until we drove to the airport!!! The look on her face was priceless, and worth all the excitement that was building up while we were waiting for our departure day.

It was so hard to do, but I'm gald we did it at least one time!!!

I told her that this was so hard to keep from her not to EVER expect it again.

Enjoy your trip
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
ocalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

We're surprising our kids with a trip in Oct, and it's KILLING me not telling them, especially DD. She and I were there last Nov alone, and everyone once in awhile she'll say something about going back, or talk about something that happened on that trip and I'll almost blow it.

Not only the trip, but my mom is going (her first time) and the kids won't even know she's coming to our house until she gets here (she lives 3 hours away) Then my brother and his family will show up in the middle of the trip, but they won't know that, and we are surprising them with MNSSHP.

I'm about to bust. Too many secrets.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
DHSTL
Earning My Ears

My wife and I are surprising our kids DS9 and DD6 for a trip to WDW in Oct. It is killing us but we hope it will be worth it. My son recently started talking about Disney a lot. How he misses it and how he wants to go back. We keep telling him it's expensive and we'll see about next year. He offered to save up his allowance to help pay for the trip. He said come on Dad it's only costs about $500 dollars. I looked at him and said you better redo your math.. We haven't quite worked out the details how we are going to tell them that morning but whatever we do the kids are going to freak!!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Another suprise trip here! The kids think we're going camping. It's the only way we could make sure DD didn't make other plans that week. They really aren't too excited about it. I keep mentioning the mosquitoes and how we might be uncomfortable in a tent, and how I hope it doesn't rain the whole time just to keep the excitement near zero

But a word of caution to anyone planning a surprise trip.. it is TORTURE to not tell. It gets harder every day, I don't know how I'm going to make it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: