Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

Yes, this is all they are getting for Christmas!

Welcome to our very first PTR! We are starting out with our cast of characters...maybe first we need to explain that it is a multigenerational trip with 10 family members going. lots of fun, food and thrill rides

First there is me, one part of the two sister planning team, Lauri. I am bringing my dh Keith, and my 3 dd's (all teens) Kelcie, Bayleigh and Madi.

The other sister is Amy. She is bringing her dd Payton and ds Cooper, her disney resistant husband is staying home.

The two family members who love disney as much as us, if not more, is our mom Jo and brother Todd.

We are staying at the coronado springs resort while we are staying on disney properties and at Portofino Bay Resort while at Universal Studios.

We are super excited, and have been doing so much planning this time, thanks to all the great ideas on DIS board! Will post lots of pics of our planning this weekend (shirts, parties, etc)
Old 10-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
kriscar
Mouseketeer

Subscribing. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I love Portofino Bay!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

Horray Shirts are finally made!

We have been working on making 80 shirts (yes I did say 80, I think that makes us clinically insane). We will be wearing matching shirts everyday for both Disney and Universal. It started off with just a couple shirts but we just kept thinking of cute ideas that the number grew and grew. It is a good thing the men in our family are good sports or just too lazy to pick something out to wear everyday. Our count down calendar is in the 50's!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for following us! We have stayed at both Hard Rock and Royal Pacific so we are super excited about Portofino. Let us know if you have any good info for us!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
sara98629
Earning My Ears

FUN! I wanted to do the shirt thing one day, but my family was less enthusiastic... however, if I'm packing, perhaps some will just "appear" in our suitcases, eh??

When will you be there? We'll be in WDW Dec 10-19 -- we'll look for the shirts!

Looking forward to reading along!
DS Evan, almost 15

Old 10-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

Last edited by disneysis2; 10-13-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

Pictures of our crew

This is Amy sister number two or what I like to call myself the younger quicker one lol! I am going to try to figure out how to post a few pictures, hope they come out!

First up is Payton she is 10 but looks much older. She is super excited about trying more extreme rides. Last time we went she was just 7 and loved the flying unicorn at Universal. We rode it a million times!!!! She is still a little nervous about the rides that make a loop, but we will see.

Next is Cooper he is 7 and a total mommas boy. I have a feeling he is going to surprise us and ride everything. He is a little bit lazy so we ended up stalking craigslist for a cheap stroller for him. I know it will be the best decision I made planning this trip.

Last in my group of 3 of the 10 going is me Amy I am 37 and love bringing my kids to Disney. However my husband doesnt feel the same and would rather go somewhere else on vacation. So I leave him home!!! I am so lucky that my mom, brother, sister and her family love to go so we tag along with them. This will be my 7th time at Disney/ Universal and I am soo excited we have lots of new things planned and new places to eat.

Last edited by disneysis2; 10-13-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

posting pictures

Can someone please explain how to post pictures? I know it cant be this hard, but for some reason I cant figure it out. Thank you!!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
somethingblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysis2 View Post
Can someone please explain how to post pictures? I know it cant be this hard, but for some reason I cant figure it out. Thank you!!
Hey there!
First off you need to upload your pictures to a website. A lot of people use photobucket; I prefer flickr. You can get an account at either site for free. Upload the photos you want to use on the site.

Once they're uploaded, you can click on your picture, then right click. You should have an option like "copy image url". That url should be the name of your picture followed by ".jpg".

Once you have the url copied simply come here, click on the little postcard icon, and paste your link. Alternatively you can just type
[ i m g ] link [ / i m g ] without the spaces on either side of your url and it will do the same thing!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!!!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #12
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

since amy got to post pics of her kids, i thought it was time for my turn.
Bayleigh is 16 years old, and is my middle daughter. she has always been an adrenal junkie, riding all the coasters in the park since she was 9. you know those kids that you teach to stand as tall as they can, shoulders back and looking striaght forward to make themselves as tall as possible, so they can make it onto the ride....well thats her. she is easy going in the park, ready for any adventure, but also enjoys the "little kid" stuff still too.

next is Madi, 15 years old. Madi is my wild, child...willing and able to do anything. you know the kids that will jump on a stage and dance with the performers if given a chance, well thats her. she rides the coasters, but not with the same enthusiasim as her sisters. Madi makes sure that everyone is laughing and having fun, no matter what we are in the middle of.

Last edited by disneysis2; 10-16-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

and last is my oldest daughter Kelcie. this will be her 6th trip to disney. she loves going to orlando, but admittly as she has gotten older she perfers universal studios. she will ride anything, but only if she can be on the front row, hands thrown in the air. i mean she will wait in line, letting people pass her up, cause she must be on the front car. she is 17, going on 7 when she is in the park.

it is more challenging planning a trip for teenagers. i have spent more time looking for activites that will appeal to them, and keep them happy while we also entertain the younger kids. all the pretrip planning has helped a lot. ordering our pearl cages for epcot, they helped design (and then were forced labor) in making all the t-shirts, and making a teen appropriate count down calender has made them feel like the trip is for them as much as for younger cousins.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
somethingblue
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great trip! What dates are you going?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #15
disneysis2
Earning My Ears

we will be a coronado springs from 12-11 to 12-16, and then portofino from 12-17 to 12-19. we have never stayed at either of these resorts, so we can not wait to try them out. we have always stayed economy at disney, but this stay with the free dining we got to bump up. hoping that the rooms will be a little nicer than the all stars.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: