Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #16
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karylrocks View Post
Sherry, there you go again! I would be going crazy about now dying to be there, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm going to be there this year! Remind me not to read your posts when I can't go for Christmas or I will go insane.

Too funny!
Thank goodness you have a plan to go this year! But yes, any other time when you don't have a holiday DLR plan, avoid my Disney Holiday posts altogether! You see the monster I have created now - someone on this thread wants to fly halfway around the world to get to DLR during holiday time!!

You know, it is easy to give you guys all these fun and detailed descriptions of what is happening at DLR during the Christmas season and my opinions of all of it and how much I love it, but the proof will be in the pudding, as they say, and you will see that when you get there. Everything I told you about it is true - and MORE. I wish I could say I was exaggerating, but I think everyone who has been to DLR during the holidays pretty much agrees on how wonderful it is - you notice you don't see a whole lot of disagreements on the DIS about whether or not DLR during the holidays is something worthwhile to see. There is just really no denying it - again, no matter what your faith or religious beliefs, everyone can agree that DLR at holiday time is just beautiful and exquisite! There is nothing to dislike about it (other than the crowds which can accumulate) and everything to love about it!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 08-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #17
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

I thought I would throw these in, just to add further to the temptation of visiting DLR at Christmastime...and get us all in the mood for it since we still have 3 long months to wait! Sorry for the jumbo size of the photos - I loaded them to Photobucket and forgot to set the size/dimensions before I did, so when I tried to go back and resize each one individually, my computer was taking like 30 minutes per photo to resize, and I just couldn't do it!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #18
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Right before...

And SNOW!...

And possibly the Disney photo I am most proud of...

Disney lights are mesmerizing to me,
Dreams

Last edited by Disney Dreams; 08-22-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
cari12
DIS Veteran

Now that looks amazing! We are going for the first time this October but the wheels are already spinning for Christmas 2010!
Old 08-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #20
Flitterific
DIS Veteran

Wow...the castle looks even more magical during the holidays! Now I just need to finalize my plans and decide when to go.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
carebee21
DIS Veteran

How long do the Christmas decorations stay up? I'm hoping to make it for a couple days but I don't think we're going to be able to go until 12/27 or 12/28. Will the decorations still be up?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #22
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebee21 View Post
How long do the Christmas decorations stay up? I'm hoping to make it for a couple days but I don't think we're going to be able to go until 12/27 or 12/28. Will the decorations still be up?
I'm almost positive you'll be able to see the decorations. I think they start taking them down on January 3rd.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #23
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebee21 View Post
Yes! The decorations will be up until a few days after January of 2010. Santa and maybe some of the carolers will be gone as son as Christmas is over, but all the rest of it will be there!

Old 08-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
love2go2disney2
Love the Mouse

I love all these nice pictures of Disney at Christmas time!!

Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
vickiea
Mouseketeer

Does DL close due to capacity on days like Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?

Thanks
Vickie

Wonder & Disneyland Feb 10th-22nd 2011
DLR Offsite Dec 9-16th, 2009
WDW Offsite Jan 31st - Feb 14th, 2009
WDW Offsite Oct 6-14th 2007
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #26
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickiea View Post
Does DL close due to capacity on days like Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?

Thanks
Vickie
Sometimes they will do that. There are no designated days on which they close due to capacity - it could be any day, really. If Valentine's Day drew in the masses, they would shut down then too. I think these capacity issues just happen to occur around the days you mentioned. So it just depends on how many people actually show up on which days and if it is necessary to close for a bit. Usually they will shuffle people over to DCA in the event that happens, which is fine with me, and let them back into DL later at night.

As for New Year's Eve, I am not sure what they are doing about it this year. New Year's Eve is notoriously crowded (insanely so - I have experienced it myself and never again will I do that), and very early this year, there was an Al Lutz article about the high number of AP holders now (affecting attendance levels), and how some measures may have to be taken to curtail the large number of people cramming into DL on NYE. There was some mention of DLR possibly shutting down DL early (to everyone) on NYE and only allowing people who purchase separate tickets for the midnight celebration to be in the park, much like how it is done for the Trick or Treat Party in DCA, and extending the NYE hours in DCA a bit to accommodate the overflow. I am not sure if that is actually being done this year or if PAP holders and people with regular Hoppers will still be able to spend all day and night in DL on NYE without buying a separate ticket.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #27
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Let's bump this thread....just because it is fun.....and the holiday season at DLR begins in 2 months!!!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #28
kingLouiethe1
Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasantness, harsh words, legs broken, not talking about it.

Well since you're bumping we definitely have to mention the Christmas parade. My favorite parade because one of the roller skating snowflakes blew me a kiss once when I was a little boy and I felt like the most special person in the park.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #29
InLikeSin
Mouseketeer

Disney Dreams- Your last photo of the Castle in holiday blue lights with the partners satue in the foreground is maybe my favorite Disney Christmas pic i've ever seen, so beautiful!!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #30
dawnrose
Mouseketeer

Love the tips about Holiday Haunted Mansion...and the pics of holiday treats...even tho I've been many times at Xmas, there's always more to discover...We will be there from dec. 18-22 this year for my dds bday...Can't wait!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: