Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
princess lovers mom
Life is just a bowl of cherries; don't take it serious; life's too mysterious

parking at the grand Californian

OK....I have one more thing to do before our trip next week and that is to reserve a car from Alamo at DTD...we are staying at the Grand Californian - check out is at 11...

my question is if I pick up the car after 11 do I still have access to the GC parking lot if I no longer have my room key? do you have to swipe the card to get in or show it or something?

trying to fugure out what time to pick up the car - would like to store the bags with bell services and maybe grab the car at lunch time then park it at the Grand for free then load up the car when we leave the parks later that afternon/early evening...will that work?

or do I need to get the car before official checkout time in order to get it into the parking lot?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
01spirit750
Mouseketeer

You can keep the room keys. To exit the GC self park parking lot you do have to swipe your card.
But I am not sure if at 11am they will deactivate your room key completely. Obviously they must deactivate it so you cannot access you room, but maybe the key will still work for the parking lot.

I am sure this must be a very common event (people check out and then goto the park for the rest of the day).

I would just ask when you check in or at valet services. I am sure they have an answer.
01spirit750 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
princess lovers mom
Life is just a bowl of cherries; don't take it serious; life's too mysterious

so you swipe the room key to get in and out of the self park area? so to be safe I should pick the car up BEFORE check out time to be able to get it back in to the self park area?

we are getting the car on our departure day - it will not be parked there before that
Old 12-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
01spirit750
Mouseketeer

As I recall you only need the room get to get out of the parking lot.

PM me your email address and I will send you a satelite picture with my comments.
01spirit750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 04:05 AM   #5
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

At checkout the CMs told us that the room key card will stay active for everything but your room until midnight, but this last trip it was deactivated for the WOC viewing deck by 9p, though it still worked in the GC parking lot when we left at 11p. A nice CM who was passing by looked at our cards and swiped us into the viewing deck with his, so it was no big deal.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: