Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
laurajetter
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy thinks my Chocolate Lab Hershey is a cutie!
WHAT IS THE STUPID DEAL WITH THESE BANANAS?

I need casserole recipes for freezer cooking

I am almost 38 weeks pregnant and I recently heard about freezer cooking, making dishes ahead of time to freeze and then cook later. I would love to make a few casserole dishes ahead of time so we don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen once the baby is here.

What I'm looking for are casserole recipes that can be frozen and then go directly into the oven from the freezer, along with instructions for doing so and any tips you may have (i.e. does the casserole get completely cooked prior to freezing or is it simply assembled prior to freezing? If it's cooked beforehand, will reheating in oven dry it out? What are the directions for heating/cooking in the oven?, how do I wrap up the casserole for the freezer?, etc.) I am thinking about getting some of those disposable foil casserole dishes to use, but please advise if there is a better way.

We like Italian dishes, pasta and veggies, mac 'n cheese, chicken pot pie, quiches, etc., but are open to suggestions if you have something really yummy! I prefer the recipes to contain some healthy items like vegetables if possible (just so I know we're attempting to get a balanced diet) however a nice mac -n cheese recipe wouldn't be turned down either! We just don't want anything that is too spicy since I'll be breastfeeding.

The thing I'm most interested in is how to prep the casserole to have it cook directly from a frozen state and the specific directions on how to do that... hopefully there are experienced people here who have done this!

TIA

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: