Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Castaway Dave
"Earthlings have the worst sense of direction!"

DIS-a-Palooza (DAP) Planning HELP Needed

I've been away from the boards lately so I am not up-to-date on the DIS-a-Palooza scheduled for December. I have discussed it with my family and no one wants to return to Disney World, this year or next (My son actually said "please don't make us go back to Disney World this year". His, and his mother's, idea of a fun vacation is spending a week at a hotel, eating out and playing in the hotel pool. YAWN!! I said they could do that at Disney but was hit with the "We can do that spending a week in Dallas or Galvestion for a whole lot cheaper". So I said, "what if I go it alone?" My wife said go for it. So I was looking for something fun to do alone. I still listen to the Podcasts Weekly and DIS-a-Palooza comes up every now and then so I started looking into that. Well, I started with the thread and it has gone way off course so I thought I could start my own to see if the DIEHARD fans could give a DISNEY LONER some help. From reading the other threads, you guys have already gotten rooms and air already so I'm already behind.

I would like to know schedules, where I are any sign up sheets, and links to any related threads which will be helpful. Listening to the Podcast it was stated that by booking through Dreams Unlimited that fees for events could be avioded. Information on that would also be helpful.

I hope I will not be preceived as lazy but in need. It was a year ago (Aug 8, 2008) that I last visited Disney World and need my Disney FIX. All help would be Sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
David.
Castaway Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL

Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway Dave View Post
I've been away from the boards lately so I am not up-to-date on the DIS-a-Palooza scheduled for December. I have discussed it with my family and no one wants to return to Disney World, this year or next (My son actually said "please don't make us go back to Disney World this year". His, and his mother's, idea of a fun vacation is spending a week at a hotel, eating out and playing in the hotel pool. YAWN!! I said they could do that at Disney but was hit with the "We can do that spending a week in Dallas or Galvestion for a whole lot cheaper". So I said, "what if I go it alone?" My wife said go for it. So I was looking for something fun to do alone. I still listen to the Podcasts Weekly and DIS-a-Palooza comes up every now and then so I started looking into that. Well, I started with the thread and it has gone way off course so I thought I could start my own to see if the DIEHARD fans could give a DISNEY LONER some help. From reading the other threads, you guys have already gotten rooms and air already so I'm already behind.

I would like to know schedules, where I are any sign up sheets, and links to any related threads which will be helpful. Listening to the Podcast it was stated that by booking through Dreams Unlimited that fees for events could be avioded. Information on that would also be helpful.

I hope I will not be preceived as lazy but in need. It was a year ago (Aug 8, 2008) that I last visited Disney World and need my Disney FIX. All help would be Sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
David.
Follow this thread...
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201826
ask lots of questions!
UrsulasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Annette_VA
DIS Veteran

Dave,

Here's the list of what is planned so far:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
The thread Mindy gave you will give you all the info you need - you just may have to wade through quite a bit of fluff to get to it
Old 08-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Castaway Dave

A little Fluff? Yikes. Been there, that's why I asked for the help. Love your chart. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

Quote:
My son actually said "please don't make us go back to Disney World this year".
I just wanted to say I'm sorry...so, so sorry.

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks Annette for the chart. I hadn't realized there was more (Fulton's, HOB Gospel Brunch, MVMCP etc)

Are there stickies or threads for sign up for those specific events or am I going to have to go fishin' through the thread?
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...

The only official event that's been announced is the TSM event. The sign up for that hasn't happened yet. If you book your vacation through Dreams, you'll get the first notice of sign-up.

The other things on "the chart" are get togethers that the attendees have planned on their own. Everyone won't do everything. Some of those activities have threads of their own where people are chiming in and saying they'd like to participate, while some things are just being discussed on the thread.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

My husband and kids (now all adults) aren't the biggest Disney fans, either - so I usually go to WDW solo. In December I will be at WDW and on a 4-night Disney cruise with a friend who enjoys the parks as much as I do, so that will be a nice change.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Hi Dave- definitely check out the DAP event thread that Mindy posted. Lots of folks are coming in alone, so you would actually fit in perfectly!
Sorry to hear the family doesn't share the level of WDW passion with you, but at least you have us, right?

Are you in Dallas? I am in Plano.

I'll be at DAP, but we had already planned a grand gathering for 14 from 12/10-12/20, so DAP just happened to overlap. I even got DH to come this time, he is excited to see our 2yo first time at disney. I think DH will turn into a disney fan before my eyes with my son's help! We'll be at the big TSM 2.0 party, but that's probably it. HOpefully i'll run into some of these crazy characters around the parks though.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
Castaway Dave

I'm located in Tyler. A short 2 hour drive. We love Dallas.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
TXYankee

Meow

Quote:
I'm located in Tyler. A short 2 hour drive. We love Dallas.
Hi Dave!

So far, I ami in Fort Worth and going solo too. DH has no interest in DAP, or for that matter WDW.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
Castaway Dave

Okay, I'm book through Dreams Unlimited. I would like to request the veterans keep me updated on the schedule and I keep watching the boards and listening to the Podcast. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #13
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette_VA View Post
Dave,

Here's the list of what is planned so far:

The thread Mindy gave you will give you all the info you need - you just may have to wade through quite a bit of fluff to get to it
Someone very FAMOUS is suppose to be updating this chart to include the screen names of who is coordinating the unofficial events. This FAMOUS person has been posting the updates in the pinned thread up top so you may want to start reading there, or better yet subscribe to that thread so you get an email of all the postings.

I can tell you that there is another unofficial Osborne Lights meet-up on Saturday before TSM. Lots are planning on being there for that since we have to be at MGM anyway.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renysmom View Post
Someone very FAMOUS is suppose to be updating this chart to include the screen names of who is coordinating the unofficial events. This FAMOUS person has been posting the updates in the pinned thread up top so you may want to start reading there, or better yet subscribe to that thread so you get an email of all the postings.

I can tell you that there is another unofficial Osborne Lights meet-up on Saturday before TSM. Lots are planning on being there for that since we have to be at MGM anyway.
I am? Crap! Guess I better get on the stick.

Oh, you meant Todd. My brain wouldn't work with his chart and I had to do the one above.

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon

Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
I am? Crap! Guess I better get on the stick.

Oh, you meant Todd. My brain wouldn't work with his chart and I had to do the one above.
Hah I found it. And you couldnt help a sister wife out. JK. Glad I found it.

Tags
dap, dis-a-palooza

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: