Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Castaway Dave
"Earthlings have the worst sense of direction!"
 
Castaway Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Texas
Posts: 110

DIS-a-Palooza (DAP) Planning HELP Needed

I've been away from the boards lately so I am not up-to-date on the DIS-a-Palooza scheduled for December. I have discussed it with my family and no one wants to return to Disney World, this year or next (My son actually said "please don't make us go back to Disney World this year". His, and his mother's, idea of a fun vacation is spending a week at a hotel, eating out and playing in the hotel pool. YAWN!! I said they could do that at Disney but was hit with the "We can do that spending a week in Dallas or Galvestion for a whole lot cheaper". So I said, "what if I go it alone?" My wife said go for it. So I was looking for something fun to do alone. I still listen to the Podcasts Weekly and DIS-a-Palooza comes up every now and then so I started looking into that. Well, I started with the thread and it has gone way off course so I thought I could start my own to see if the DIEHARD fans could give a DISNEY LONER some help. From reading the other threads, you guys have already gotten rooms and air already so I'm already behind.

I would like to know schedules, where I are any sign up sheets, and links to any related threads which will be helpful. Listening to the Podcast it was stated that by booking through Dreams Unlimited that fees for events could be avioded. Information on that would also be helpful.

I hope I will not be preceived as lazy but in need. It was a year ago (Aug 8, 2008) that I last visited Disney World and need my Disney FIX. All help would be Sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
David.
Castaway Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL
 
UrsulasShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.
Posts: 8,471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway Dave View Post
I've been away from the boards lately so I am not up-to-date on the DIS-a-Palooza scheduled for December. I have discussed it with my family and no one wants to return to Disney World, this year or next (My son actually said "please don't make us go back to Disney World this year". His, and his mother's, idea of a fun vacation is spending a week at a hotel, eating out and playing in the hotel pool. YAWN!! I said they could do that at Disney but was hit with the "We can do that spending a week in Dallas or Galvestion for a whole lot cheaper". So I said, "what if I go it alone?" My wife said go for it. So I was looking for something fun to do alone. I still listen to the Podcasts Weekly and DIS-a-Palooza comes up every now and then so I started looking into that. Well, I started with the thread and it has gone way off course so I thought I could start my own to see if the DIEHARD fans could give a DISNEY LONER some help. From reading the other threads, you guys have already gotten rooms and air already so I'm already behind.

I would like to know schedules, where I are any sign up sheets, and links to any related threads which will be helpful. Listening to the Podcast it was stated that by booking through Dreams Unlimited that fees for events could be avioded. Information on that would also be helpful.

I hope I will not be preceived as lazy but in need. It was a year ago (Aug 8, 2008) that I last visited Disney World and need my Disney FIX. All help would be Sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
David.
Follow this thread...
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201826
ask lots of questions!
UrsulasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Annette_VA
DIS Veteran
 
Annette_VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 7,493

Dave,

Here's the list of what is planned so far:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
The thread Mindy gave you will give you all the info you need - you just may have to wade through quite a bit of fluff to get to it
__________________
~Annette
Annette_VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Castaway Dave
"Earthlings have the worst sense of direction!"
 
Castaway Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Texas
Posts: 110

A little Fluff? Yikes. Been there, that's why I asked for the help. Love your chart. Thanks.
Castaway Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us
 
DSNY4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. California
Posts: 3,114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway Dave View Post
My son actually said "please don't make us go back to Disney World this year".
I just wanted to say I'm sorry...so, so sorry.
__________________
"Being green is not a trend. It is, perhaps, the most important challenge of our time." -John Fahey-

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran
 
anonymousegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SF Bay Area & Bay Lake Tower
Posts: 2,063

Thanks Annette for the chart. I hadn't realized there was more (Fulton's, HOB Gospel Brunch, MVMCP etc)

Are there stickies or threads for sign up for those specific events or am I going to have to go fishin' through the thread?
__________________
___________________________
Me and DH and "RIP Deep Thought" "RIP 42" Neko
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW SSR VILLIANS UNLEASHED! Aug 2104;WDW October 2014; CBR/DCL December 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
Dodie
Survived the big crash
Has a personal link to Hugh Jackman
Babe, Im leaving, I must be on my way...
 
Dodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Indy and VWL
Posts: 7,323

The only official event that's been announced is the TSM event. The sign up for that hasn't happened yet. If you book your vacation through Dreams, you'll get the first notice of sign-up.

The other things on "the chart" are get togethers that the attendees have planned on their own. Everyone won't do everything. Some of those activities have threads of their own where people are chiming in and saying they'd like to participate, while some things are just being discussed on the thread.
__________________
*Dodie
Dodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,821

My husband and kids (now all adults) aren't the biggest Disney fans, either - so I usually go to WDW solo. In December I will be at WDW and on a 4-night Disney cruise with a friend who enjoys the parks as much as I do, so that will be a nice change.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling
 
exwdwcm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pixie Hollow (Dallas)
Posts: 5,061

Hi Dave- definitely check out the DAP event thread that Mindy posted. Lots of folks are coming in alone, so you would actually fit in perfectly!
Sorry to hear the family doesn't share the level of WDW passion with you, but at least you have us, right?

Are you in Dallas? I am in Plano.

I'll be at DAP, but we had already planned a grand gathering for 14 from 12/10-12/20, so DAP just happened to overlap. I even got DH to come this time, he is excited to see our 2yo first time at disney. I think DH will turn into a disney fan before my eyes with my son's help! We'll be at the big TSM 2.0 party, but that's probably it. HOpefully i'll run into some of these crazy characters around the parks though.
__________________
MY TRIP REPORTS: NOV 2012 PTR OCT 2011 BLT TR DEC 2010 BLT TRSEPT 2010 DL TR DEC 2009 WL TR AUG 2006 TR
ME (Michelle) , DH, DS (3), Tink & Sassy



WDW College Program-Fall 96
,
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
Castaway Dave
"Earthlings have the worst sense of direction!"
 
Castaway Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Texas
Posts: 110

I'm located in Tyler. A short 2 hour drive. We love Dallas.
Castaway Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #11
TXYankee

Meow
 
TXYankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway Dave View Post
I'm located in Tyler. A short 2 hour drive. We love Dallas.
Hi Dave!

So far, I ami in Fort Worth and going solo too. DH has no interest in DAP, or for that matter WDW.
__________________
THeresa
Its A Small World After All
TXYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #12
Castaway Dave
"Earthlings have the worst sense of direction!"
 
Castaway Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Texas
Posts: 110

Okay, I'm book through Dreams Unlimited. I would like to request the veterans keep me updated on the schedule and I keep watching the boards and listening to the Podcast. Thanks everyone.
Castaway Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #13
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL
 
Renysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette_VA View Post
Dave,

Here's the list of what is planned so far:


The thread Mindy gave you will give you all the info you need - you just may have to wade through quite a bit of fluff to get to it
Someone very FAMOUS is suppose to be updating this chart to include the screen names of who is coordinating the unofficial events. This FAMOUS person has been posting the updates in the pinned thread up top so you may want to start reading there, or better yet subscribe to that thread so you get an email of all the postings.

I can tell you that there is another unofficial Osborne Lights meet-up on Saturday before TSM. Lots are planning on being there for that since we have to be at MGM anyway.
__________________
Kelly....

*****************
WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #14
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better
 
DVCsince02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 972 miles from my Disney home
Posts: 9,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renysmom View Post
Someone very FAMOUS is suppose to be updating this chart to include the screen names of who is coordinating the unofficial events. This FAMOUS person has been posting the updates in the pinned thread up top so you may want to start reading there, or better yet subscribe to that thread so you get an email of all the postings.

I can tell you that there is another unofficial Osborne Lights meet-up on Saturday before TSM. Lots are planning on being there for that since we have to be at MGM anyway.
I am? Crap! Guess I better get on the stick.

Oh, you meant Todd. My brain wouldn't work with his chart and I had to do the one above.
__________________
Me DH

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #15
IWISHFORDISNEY
Cant get enough of the mouse!
It was tricky with only one bathroom
I will never ever forget that embarrassing episode of being farted upon
 
IWISHFORDISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The First State but wishing it was the Sunshine State...
Posts: 5,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
I am? Crap! Guess I better get on the stick.

Oh, you meant Todd. My brain wouldn't work with his chart and I had to do the one above.
Hah I found it. And you couldnt help a sister wife out. JK. Glad I found it.
__________________
86,92,94,96 CBR - 98,99 CSR 2000 Dolfin 2001 BC 2003 AKL 2004 BWV 2006 AKL CL/VERO 2007 WL CL 2008 POP X2 ~ 2009 GF/DAP * MISS U BAWB* ~2010 NOW LIVING THE DREAM~
(Me-Liz) DH DS (8) DS (2)



__________________
IWISHFORDISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dap, dis-a-palooza



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link mommaU4 Disneyland (California) 3823 11-22-2009 11:40 PM
2009 September Solo plans? Updated Sep 3 in post 1. WalkingintheFog Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers 103 09-17-2009 07:08 PM
August planners, lets plan together! nettii Doing the Happy Dance! 488 08-21-2009 03:59 PM
Sharing Meals on Dining Plan? if so, which? jenmkconsultant Disney Dining Plan 8 08-20-2009 06:48 AM
First Time Family of Five on Deluxe Dining Plan Review (Sept 12 - 18) Kathymcbain Disney Dining Reviews 6 08-17-2009 11:15 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.