Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

I found it!
Looking forward to seeing wedding pics. I'm sorry your bfast at 1900 Park Fare was disappointing. Our server was great but I was a bit let down by Mary Poppins. details to come in our TR.

We loved Raglan Road. Made us feel very at home. Great food!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #17
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ugh-we had a similar experience with the waiting forever and ever and ever at Chef Mickey's last year. Our waitress totally disappeared! We had to flag down another for help. Drives me nuts when they do that! Thankfully the amazing character interaction we had made the night a wonderful memory!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
Mocharilla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
I found it!
Looking forward to seeing wedding pics. I'm sorry your bfast at 1900 Park Fare was disappointing. Our server was great but I was a bit let down by Mary Poppins. details to come in our TR.

We loved Raglan Road. Made us feel very at home. Great food!
They'll be posted once I get them! Oh, really? Well, I'll be joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ugh-we had a similar experience with the waiting forever and ever and ever at Chef Mickey's last year. Our waitress totally disappeared! We had to flag down another for help. Drives me nuts when they do that! Thankfully the amazing character interaction we had made the night a wonderful memory!
Ugh, Chef Mickey's. Bad experience last year, bad experience this year.

Alright, coming up... Le Cellier and the World Showcase afternoon!
08/08 Trip Report - Engagement (Complete) 08/08 Dining Report - Engagement (Complete)
Old 08-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
Mocharilla
DIS Veteran

Warning: This was another place with weird lighting, so a few pictures are a little weird.

Well, we were here last year, and loved it, so we came back.

Our quick opinion regarding the LeCe controversy: We love it, but is it the best place on property? No. Compared to most of the 2 credits and stuff, yeah, it's not as good. But, as far as non-signatures go, we think it's pretty dang good.

We started with some smoothies (covered on the DxDDP)

I got sour apple, Nic got Strawberry. I thought the sour apple was okay, but too sour for me. Nic thought the strawberry was good. But, I really loved the strawberry, and he really loved the sour apple, so we switched! Both are really delicious, but be warned, that sour apple is SOUR. Or at least, mine was.

Bread Basket!

There's of course, the delicious pretzel bread. Sooo good. The multigrain and sourdough were also very very good.

I got the cheese soup.

Yummmmm. Just as good as last year! Especially with the pretzel bread. Holy crap, delish.

Nic got the Spicy Chicken and Chorizo Sausage:

Now, I'm not a fan of super spicy, and the girl did warn us this was spicy. But, it was soooo good. Yes, it was spicy, but with the polenta, it was a little less edgy, and it was just so delicious. We were so glad he went with it.

We both got the filet, without the mushrooms. I got it with the cream cheese potatoes:

My filet was wonderful and tender. The potatoes were, of course, delicious. My uncle makes them really well, and these reminded me so much of his.

Nic ordered it with the potato gratin:

He thought that his was delicious. And, the gratin was good, but nothing super special.

We got a side of poutine (not included on the DxDDP), because we love it (Nic's Canadian so this kind of stuff is normal to him).

It was weird. It was regular cheese, not cheese curds, and the gravy was weird. It was okay, but we weren't too big of fans.

For dessert, we got the maple creme brulee, and the chocolate mousse.

We got a special pretty plate! And this was the first of many "Don't eat the Mickey balloons!" we got. They hurt. The creme brulee was really good, but one part was a little too burnt. I like it more lightly bruleed. Kinda like, in the middle of where this dish was (half burnt to a crisp, half barely touched). The mousse was delicious, but super rich.

Well, it was time to head to Mexico!

We decided to ride the Grand Fiesta tour.

Then, it became time for our Kim Possible fastpass.

We did the China one:

It was pretty cool. But, it was so hot, we didn't do more than the one.

Back to Norway to ride Maelstrom:

And explore the shops:

After this, we moved on to continue the world showcase. On our way past China to Germany, it started to drizzle. Then, while we explored the shops in Germany, it started to pour. So, no pictures. We finished Germany, and braved the run to Italy. Then, we explored those shops. Still raining. Time for America. We ran again. We walked in and the Voices of Liberty were singing. So, we went to watch them. A guy came over, seeing our pins, and invited us to come with him. He took us to an elevator and took us up to the upper balcony for a good spot to watch the show. He gave us a Magical Moment card. Then, when it came time for the American Adventure to start, he led us in and let us sit wherever we wanted before anyone else was allowed in.

I'm going to say something awful here. We were so tired, I fell asleep. I watched most of it, but I was just so tired. We hadn't fully recovered from the wedding, and we were tired.

We got out of the show, and it was STILL raining. So, off to Japan. We explored over there a bit, until going to the boat dock. We hopped the boat and headed to our dinner at Garden Grill, and it was still raining.

Now, we're used to rain. We know it usually rains every day, for just a little bit. "Florida rain". This was ridiculous. It only rained two days, and both days, it was like this.

Next up, Garden Grill.
08/08 Trip Report - Engagement (Complete) 08/08 Dining Report - Engagement (Complete)
Old 08-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #20
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

LC continues to be a fave for us too. Its a sentimental one I guess. Love Love Love the soup. Even though its not on the DDP I get it anyway just to taste that smooth goodness.

I am surprised you were able to go go go like you did before crashing.
Its so easy to get overtired during a wedding.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #21
TCKK
DIS Veteran

I just found your report so I'm here now and reading. Sorry you didn't have a good time at PF 1900. We did it several years ago and really enjoyed it. I guess you just never know. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #22
Mocharilla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
LC continues to be a fave for us too. Its a sentimental one I guess. Love Love Love the soup. Even though its not on the DDP I get it anyway just to taste that smooth goodness.

I am surprised you were able to go go go like you did before crashing.
Its so easy to get overtired during a wedding.
Yeah, we love it!

We were shocked, too. But, out of tiredness, we did something I never thought I'd do. I swore I wouldn't. But, that's for the DHS day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKK View Post
I just found your report so I'm here now and reading. Sorry you didn't have a good time at PF 1900. We did it several years ago and really enjoyed it. I guess you just never know. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.
Yeah. I think the server was the big issue, plus the food wasn't the best, so it was bad. But, I've heard both good and bad stuff about there, so we might've just had a bad day.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #23
Mocharilla
DIS Veteran

(Side note, I'm in a pretty Disney mood today. I'm listening to Spectromagic while I'm writing this. lol)

After a very rainy afternoon in the showcase, it was time for Garden Grill. We were pretty excited because I'd heard it rotates over The Land stuff.

Yeah, it sucked. First of all, not at all what I was expecting for what we were rotating over. Second of all, we were on the second row, so we couldn't see anything anyways.

There was bread, though I didn't get a picture because Mickey was there, and then I blanked on it. The bread was pretty boring, and the butter tasted good, but had zero spreadability.

We started off with a salad:

It was okay, but really nothing special.

Then came the food:

The flank steak was good. They served it medium rare, although I'm sure you can ask for it otherwise. It could've really used more sauce, though. The potatoes were very good. The mahi-mahi was untouched, since neither of us really like it. The turkey was good, but the cranberry sauce was a little too thick. The stuffing had good flavor, but just not enough of it.

Then, the blueberry buckle:

It was good, but not like amazing good.

And, of course, the characters:

Yes, that's whipped cream on Pluto's mouth. I have no idea why it was there, but we informed him and helped him get it off.

It was okay, but we probably won't be back. Wasn't the worst on the trip, just... nothing special. I felt really blah about this meal.

So, after Garden Grill, we decided to head back to the hotel.

We went to the pool to swim and watch the fireworks!

This was also our first encounter with the ELP. OMG. It was our favorite thing all trip!! We love it.

Then, back to the hotel room to CRASH and get ready for Magic Kingdom the next day.

Last edited by Mocharilla; 09-02-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #24
janloz
Wishing I was at WDW now.

We didn't care for Garden Grill either, probably because we were seated in the second level too and the food was just ok. Plus we kept having to ask CM for everything. There are too many other places at WDW that are good for us to return to GG.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:04 AM   #25
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I love the Mickey balloon on your Chocolate Moose - did you put that there, or did they? I love that it's LIME (the DIS color!) and so it looks like he's wearing Lime Green Mickey Ears! So cute!

The pic of you with Dale is great - you are smiling so big, so happy...it's like it could be a Disney ad!

Don't feel bad about falling asleep in the American Adventure! I think I once saw a thread on the DIS about "best rides to nap on". I'm sure American Adventure was one of em!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: