Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #16
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!

I like your color choices as well, they will look beautiful.

We were in between BWV and AKV for our honeymoon and it was a hard choice, but we ended up renting points for BWV just because it was more centrally located and the points values are pretty close. You may want to check out renting DVC points, we saved a lot of money doing this since we weren't even playing on staying in a Deluxe resort.

I'm not much help on the bridal party front, we had a MOH and best man, but to put a long story short, they flaked and we are not having a bridal party at all now. Well my mom and DFi's dad are going to be our bridal party, but they are not going to stand or anything. I don't think it matters if it is even or not and you should choose who you want, not who you think you should. And always remember, the smaller the bridal party the less money it is and the less likely you are to have issues.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #17
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!

I like your color choices as well, they will look beautiful.

We were in between BWV and AKV for our honeymoon and it was a hard choice, but we ended up renting points for BWV just because it was more centrally located and the points values are pretty close. You may want to check out renting DVC points, we saved a lot of money doing this since we weren't even playing on staying in a Deluxe resort.

I'm not much help on the bridal party front, we had a MOH and best man, but to put a long story short, they flaked and we are not having a bridal party at all now. Well my mom and DFi's dad are going to be our bridal party, but they are not going to stand or anything. I don't think it matters if it is even or not and you should choose who you want, not who you think you should. And always remember, the smaller the bridal party the less money it is and the less likely you are to have issues.
Thanks! I don't know that much about the DVC, can you explain how it work? just like briefly. We are doing the Disney registry so I wasn't thinking of doing it a different way. We don't want presents so we wanted people to help us pay for our honeymoon instead. (money is extremely tight) were you happy with the BWV? its top selling point is location. I like the AKV because of the animals (obv) balcony and the pool looks nicer. and it seemed more romantic. But I have been to neither so I only know from pictures. This is probably the only time we will ever stay at a deluxe so I want our choice to be good. How was the restaurants there?

will be posting some stuff in a bit <3

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #18
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea View Post
thanks so much! I have been without my ring for a few days because they are cleaning it, and with pearls its special so its taking a while. I miss it!

thanks! I like it I live in the midwest currently so I know how venues are here.

So I'm at work and so like any good employee i'm posting on my journal instead of doing the work in front of me.

I don't have any major updates, tonight I might post pictures of some ideas for opinions.

This is my STD card. We really weren't planning on having STD but because some of our guest are in the UK and some are poor college students we decided we should give people heads up to get tickets. I have totally procrastinated about these though and they are sitting in my apartment, yay weekend project. my DF will not decide on the guest list he is driving me up a wall.

Anyone else have family coming from super far away and its an issue?

So here is a little vent that has been in my head since we started talking about the wedding:

What is everyone opinion on bridal party. We haven't definitely decided on anything and I have only asked one person, my MOH.
so here is the deal. my DF is from England so....he doesn't know who will be able to make it and he hasn't know his friends here for long so he doesn't want them. so now i'm in the spot do I offer my friends? do I keep it uneven? I know I want my brother and my DF agreed. So chances are one person will come and hopefully be his BM. On my side I have a friend who I have know for YEARS and my MOH has already hinted that she will feel left out. We aren't extremely close anymore but I've known her for so long that I feel I need to. Also I was in my Sister-in-law's party so I also feel she should be in mine. I'm not very good at this clearly.

so we have one MOH and one groomsman.

opinions? Please?
I know how you feel about the whole bridal party thing, I currently have people in my party that would have felt left out if I didn't add them and my DF had more groomsmen on his side so in order to make the sides even I bit the bullet and allowed people to be in my party that I basically didn't want. I kinda regret this now because as the planning process begins to increase I know those people won't really be there for me and all they wanted was the title. If I could do it over again I would definitely just have who I really wanted even if the sides are uneven b/c in the end it's you and your DF's day and it should be the way you want it to be.

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

We are also renting points for part of our honeymoon. We are staying in a Studio at the Boardwalk with a Boardwalk view for only $800 for 5 nights. We are using our free night for our last night (Poly).

DVC is a timeshare based on points. Each room cost $x per night depending on time of year, resort and size of room. Then owners will rent out their points if they aren't using them. My points were $12 per point (a bit high). So we get to stay at a fab resort for a much lower price!! BWV is my favorite resort!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #20
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickimook2 View Post
I know how you feel about the whole bridal party thing, I currently have people in my party that would have felt left out if I didn't add them and my DF had more groomsmen on his side so in order to make the sides even I bit the bullet and allowed people to be in my party that I basically didn't want. I kinda regret this now because as the planning process begins to increase I know those people won't really be there for me and all they wanted was the title. If I could do it over again I would definitely just have who I really wanted even if the sides are uneven b/c in the end it's you and your DF's day and it should be the way you want it to be.
thanks. At least i'm not alone in not knowing who to ask. I am afraid that the old friend won't really be there, she just wanted to hang with my MOH (who she considers HER best friend! why are girls so weird?) but since I started making plans for the wedding, my sister-in-law has been defending me and trying to be super helpful. Even talking about it with my mom and her mom when I wasn't even around. Which for her is extremely abnormal. she was the most annoying bride ever, and was weird when we got engaged. So it makes me feel better when considering her because she is caring about it without me asking. (and sort of offered herself saying she would be the best bridesmaid ever) i'm gonna stop babbling now.

December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
Old 08-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
thanks. At least i'm not alone in not knowing who to ask. I am afraid that the old friend won't really be there, she just wanted to hang with my MOH (who she considers HER best friend! why are girls so weird?) but since I started making plans for the wedding, my sister-in-law has been defending me and trying to be super helpful. Even talking about it with my mom and her mom when I wasn't even around. Which for her is extremely abnormal. she was the most annoying bride ever, and was weird when we got engaged. So it makes me feel better when considering her because she is caring about it without me asking. (and sort of offered herself saying she would be the best bridesmaid ever) i'm gonna stop babbling now.
LOL, what your talking about really reminds me of the stuff that I went through in high school, girls can be so clickish sometimes. Thank goodness it wasn't that way in college. Anywho if the only reason your MOH's friend wants to be in your party is so that she can hang out with your MOH then you should definitely think about it before you put her in your party, because when your potential bridesmaid comes along with you and your MOH for dress fittings and such you don't want to feel like the third wheel especially when they are suppose to be there for you.

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Old 08-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
We are also renting points for part of our honeymoon. We are staying in a Studio at the Boardwalk with a Boardwalk view for only $800 for 5 nights. We are using our free night for our last night (Poly).

DVC is a timeshare based on points. Each room cost $x per night depending on time of year, resort and size of room. Then owners will rent out their points if they aren't using them. My points were $12 per point (a bit high). So we get to stay at a fab resort for a much lower price!! BWV is my favorite resort!
How do you go about the DVC? You pay for the membership yea? It sounds great but I'm trying to weigh my options because we don't have the money to drop, ya know?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #23
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How do you go about the DVC? You pay for the membership yea? It sounds great but I'm trying to weigh my options because we don't have the money to drop, ya know?
Well yes if you want to BUY into DVC...memberships start close to $15,000.

What we are talking about is "renting" from someone who already owns. I found my renter right here on the boards. He made a reservation for me, I signed a contract and then paid him. A room that normally goes for almost $400 a night cost me less than half that!! Our discounted rooms through Disney were $190 just for Port Orleans so this was a great deal for us!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #24
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL, what your talking about really reminds me of the stuff that I went through in high school, girls can be so clickish sometimes. Thank goodness it wasn't that way in college. Anywho if the only reason your MOH's friend wants to be in your party is so that she can hang out with your MOH then you should definitely think about it before you put her in your party, because when your potential bridesmaid comes along with you and your MOH for dress fittings and such you don't want to feel like the third wheel especially when they are suppose to be there for you.
thats exactly how I have been feeling! See we use to all be like the 3 musketeers? but....they were the ones who always got the attention, which when we were kids upset me. Now whatever I don't care. But it kind of always goes back to that. I don't want to feel left out when its my wedding. DRAMA I am the first to get married so its like a huge deal for everyone, no one knows what to do. Its always been known that my MOH was my MOH before I was even engaged. We have been through too much and even she knew it, I didn't really have to ask. She was just like so what am I wearing?
If she wasn't in the wedding it would be even haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Well yes if you want to BUY into DVC...memberships start close to $15,000.

What we are talking about is "renting" from someone who already owns. I found my renter right here on the boards. He made a reservation for me, I signed a contract and then paid him. A room that normally goes for almost $400 a night cost me less than half that!! Our discounted rooms through Disney were $190 just for Port Orleans so this was a great deal for us!
oh okay sorry I totally didn't get that. So besides here is there an easy way to find someone who will sell their points?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #25
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
thats exactly how I have been feeling! See we use to all be like the 3 musketeers? but....they were the ones who always got the attention, which when we were kids upset me. Now whatever I don't care. But it kind of always goes back to that. I don't want to feel left out when its my wedding. DRAMA I am the first to get married so its like a huge deal for everyone, no one knows what to do. Its always been known that my MOH was my MOH before I was even engaged. We have been through too much and even she knew it, I didn't really have to ask. She was just like so what am I wearing?
If she wasn't in the wedding it would be even haha

oh okay sorry I totally didn't get that. So besides here is there an easy way to find someone who will sell their points?
I was apart of one of those 3 musketeer groups myself we all used to have so much fun together as kids, but every once and a while someone would say something about another person and then two people would gang up on one person or two people would go hang out together and wouldn't tell the other person. It was just so dizzling that I got fed up and left the group my sophmore year. I was so sick of the drama. I never heard a word from them until they found out I was getting married on facebook and now all the sudden they want to know when their invitations are coming in the mail.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #26
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was apart of one of those 3 musketeer groups myself we all used to have so much fun together as kids, but every once and a while someone would say something about another person and then two people would gang up on one person or two people would go hang out together and wouldn't tell the other person. It was just so dizzling that I got fed up and left the group my sophmore year. I was so sick of the drama. I never heard a word from them until they found out I was getting married on facebook and now all the sudden they want to know when their invitations are coming in the mail.
so typical. girls suck! lets pray for a drama free wedding party

Last edited by shippedtosea; 08-06-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #27
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

As far as picking your bridal party goes - think of who you won't regret having chosen for the biggest day of your life in 20 years. That's how my DF and I narrowed it down quickly. Absolutely no friends in our bridal party. It's no disrespect to them, but sometimes you have falling outs with friends, etc. I don't really want people in these photos where I'm someday questioning why we picked them. Lol. I personally thought it much safer to go with his and my own siblings and their spouses.

And I, like Mandy, am renting DVC points for a BWV studio for mine and DF's honeymoon. We're staying for 5 nights also, and are doing so for $780! It's something like a third of the price. I've never been to WDW so it's all new to me, but I don't know that you could go wrong with any of the deluxe hotels. It's all about your preference. I liked the theming of BWV (and so did DF) so we decided upon that. For us it seemed romantic. So if you guys like the look of AKV better, then go for it!

I definitely recommend going to the DVC renting portion of the boards and requesting a reservation. Once you make that thread, you'll probably have all kinds of people interested in helping you out. If you don't want to do that, just look for renters posting their point availability. I know it sounds complicated, but it's not once you get the gist.

Here, this link should help you out: DVC Rent/Trade Points FAQ.

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #28
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Are you guys ever worried about posting wedding dresses because your DF might see it? I don't know why but thats in my head
okay so I should probably start by saying that the "theme" of my wedding is beachy. while it is not at a beach, I'm still really into it. (there is still water!) so thats why the color choices. so seashells, sea glass, sand. is what a lot of my stuff is going to be. I have decided on the center pieces. pretty much the only thing I have decided on. So let me put these up. my DF being the weirdo he is said he couldn't imagine what I wanted by just telling him so I had to draw it. I don't want flowers, i'm not huge on them and they are costly SO.

sorry for the silly drawings

saying all this...we are also adding Disney stuff into the wedding. my mom has hinted that I will get this cake topper

so then I saw these

but I can also do beach themed. I don't want a beach cake topper, either disney or nothing. but there are these I like too

they are cake cutter just close up
and these

so as you can see i'm having a hard time deciding what things are beachy and what is disney.

ALSO....if anyone finds a Ariel and Eric wedding cake topper (in wedding clothes..) I would be ever so greatful, they are my favorite(clearly..)

Last edited by shippedtosea; 08-06-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #29
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
As far as picking your bridal party goes - think of who you won't regret having chosen for the biggest day of your life in 20 years. That's how my DF and I narrowed it down quickly. Absolutely no friends in our bridal party. It's no disrespect to them, but sometimes you have falling outs with friends, etc. I don't really want people in these photos where I'm someday questioning why we picked them. Lol. I personally thought it much safer to go with his and my own siblings and their spouses.

And I, like Mandy, am renting DVC points for a BWV studio for mine and DF's honeymoon. We're staying for 5 nights also, and are doing so for $780! It's something like a third of the price. I've never been to WDW so it's all new to me, but I don't know that you could go wrong with any of the deluxe hotels. It's all about your preference. I liked the theming of BWV (and so did DF) so we decided upon that. For us it seemed romantic. So if you guys like the look of AKV better, then go for it!

I definitely recommend going to the DVC renting portion of the boards and requesting a reservation. Once you make that thread, you'll probably have all kinds of people interested in helping you out. If you don't want to do that, just look for renters posting their point availability. I know it sounds complicated, but it's not once you get the gist.

Here, this link should help you out: DVC Rent/Trade Points FAQ.
Thanks this helps a bunch

Old 08-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #30
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

The centerpieces will be lovely! And I know one way to get your beachy theme while including Disney!! (and I don't think you'll disagree considering what your avatar is ) You could always go with Ariel/Eric stuff!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: