Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Podcast Cruises
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Packing Essentials

Since a few of us have started talking about packing or setting stuff aside to go in the suitcase for the cruise, I just thought I would ask a multi part question:

1) What is your ONE essential thing you have to pack when you go to WDW?

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you?

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had?

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you?
Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you?

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had?

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you?
1) Good shoes. There's lots of walking in the world.

2) Air Freshener. Those tiny cabin bathrooms can get mighty stinky.

3) Beano. Prevents #2 ... in more ways than one.

4) Extra plastic bags. Just in case I need to put in a wet bathing suit or something in the luggage.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:

1) Red Mickey Crocs. They may be the biggest fashion faux pas in my wardrobe, but they are comfy enough and are a breeze through airport security.

2) A power strip. There were too few power outlets in the cabin. Especially since my roomie brought is home office and worked while on board. (Poor guy.)

3) Multiple sized ziploc baggies. I had a couple quart size, but I needed at least one gallon sized one and a snack size one too.

4) I over pack wherever I go. Half of my suitcase could be left behind and it wouldn't be missed.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

1. A large purse or tote bag - not for me , but DH's favorite phrase while on vacation... "Do you have room for this?" and/or "Can you carry this?"

2. haven't cruised . . . yet

3. see #2

4. A small flashlight - have never needed it, but always take it just in case

POST #2000

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Camera (duh)

Sunscreen!

A larger belt

I honestly think that we utilize everything that we take.

k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

Todd..this is a great thread that I will be watching to get ideas. I already have air freshener and a power cord on my list.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinva View Post
Todd..this is a great thread that I will be watching to get ideas. I already have air freshener and a power cord on my list.
I started it to share knowledge and gain a little myself.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Since a few of us have started talking about packing or setting stuff aside to go in the suitcase for the cruise, I just thought I would ask a multi part question:

Crock flip flops, never go there without them

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you? Light jacket for the dining rooms and deck at night. Even in the early fall it could and did get cool on deck at night and I always freeze in dining rooms.

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had? A lap blanket for nights on the veranda

For DCL it would be my flat iron, can't win with the winds and the humidity so I am going to stop trying

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
tlcoke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1) Red Mickey Crocs. They may be the biggest fashion faux pas in my wardrobe, but they are comfy enough and are a breeze through airport security.

2) A power strip. There were too few power outlets in the cabin. Especially since my roomie brought is home office and worked while on board. (Poor guy.)

3) Multiple sized ziploc baggies. I had a couple quart size, but I needed at least one gallon sized one and a snack size one too.

4) I over pack wherever I go. Half of my suitcase could be left behind and it wouldn't be missed.
#2 #3 & #4 would definitely be on my list.
I also pack a Night Light to help find the Bathroom in a strange hotel room/space.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Quote:

1. A can of Lysol. I hate getting sick on vacation. There is even travel size cans. Plus it works as an air freshener too.

2. A small fan. I need noise at night and I don't like sound machines.

3. Nothing, I over pack. Heck, we drive and have 3 kids. I pack EVERYTHING!

4. My pins on my lanyard. I bring them every trip, and they just sit in the bag. I don't collect them, just pick up one to two here and there and have some nice ones. Just don't do anything with them.

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
georgemoe
Beverages? There were beverages?
Will always remember Norway (even if he did forget his wife)
AKA Señor Jorge

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
2) Air Freshener. Those tiny cabin bathrooms can get mighty stinky.
2) Wooden kitchen matches is all you need. Candles are stinky themselves sometimes.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #12
Lee Disney
Mouseketeer

Cant decide on just one.

Must haves for any cruise...

1. Bonine
2. Lysol (don't leave home without it)
3. magnified mirror
4. liquid hand soap (the little bars just aren't the same)
5. sunscreen
6. stain stick (a must if traveling with kids)
7. purell

For Disney...

1. Good walking shoes
2. Back pack with water, snacks, anti-bac and rain poncho
Lee Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1) What is your ONE essential thing you have to pack when you go to WDW? Haven't been on a land vacay in a while. Don't remember if there is one essential thing.

2) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing you found to be essential to bring with you? Oulet chord. Laptop, Ipod, cellphone...for everbody.

3) If you've sailed on DCL before, what is ONE thing that you forgot to pack and really wish you had? Water bottles [took care of that...ordered a couple HydroFlask]

4) What is something you have packed on multiple trips and have found you just tote it pack and forth and don't utilize it? Are you considering not bringing this with you? Bathing suit. One of these years I might actually have time for the pools.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post

A larger belt
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #15
aGoofyMom
DIS Veteran

besides the obvious comfy shoes and camera...metal bungee cord card carrying case...it fits in it's own slot in my park bag and can be held on a lanyard if necessary. It replaces my American wallet and everyone in my family has their own - including DD.

extra ziploc bags, lysol wipes

"just a drop"/"poo-pourri" (won't forget this trip!)

half the clothes...I overpack. I didn't use the power bar I packed last cruise but will bring it again for this one...not ready to leave it home.

[/url]
aGoofyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carry-on, luggage, packing, pcc 2.0

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: