Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
srp1103
Mouseketeer

Opinions Please!

Would you do a signature restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner? I ask because I had convinced myself this was a must, but then started thinking do I really need to spend or use 2 TS credits for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner that I can probably get at a less expensive place. I still want the dinner to be special being that it is Thanksgiving, but does signature = special? I started thinking if we do a signature it may make more sense to do it on a day other than Thanksgiving, so that we can order the signature food (not sure turkey qualifies as signature in my opinion).

I know for sure we will do HDDR this trip as we have not done it since 2003. I just have not convinced myself that I can eat something other than turkey on this day (I don't think my family cares one way or the other).

I do know I want to dress nice, eat outside the parks, and have a special meal. Just not sure where to do this.

I would love to hear opinions and experiences. Sometimes just hearing others views helps to make a decision.

My family consists of myself, DH, DD-12, and DS-8.

Thanks for all the wise, wise advice!

Last edited by srp1103; 08-05-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo
srp1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

No Thanksgiving experience here, but I will tell you this...if I was going to a signature restaurant I would want it to be for the signature food that the particular restaurant is known for.

The first place that came to mind for Thanksgiving was Liberty Tree Tavern, and the second was Garden Grill. However, you did say outside a park. Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness is an option...there is a buffet and on the menu it says they have carved roasted meats so they would probably have turkey for the holiday. The dinner at Ohana lists grilled turkey as one of the meats. Not the traditional roast turkey, but still turkey. If you don't mind doing CS for dinner on Thanksgiving, Pop Century normally offers a turkey dinner on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but maybe they would offer this also on Thanksgiving due to demand.

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I would think that most, if not all, onsite table service and buffets would have a traditional turkey dinner option for that day. I know when I was young, a l the Disneyland table service restaurants had a special holiday menu for Thanksgiving.

As this isn't a DVC specific question, I'm going to move this to the restaurants board. Folks there will likely give you lots of options.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
denegate
Mouseketeer

I would do a signature restaurant for Thanksgiving. We have eaten at both Garden Grill and Liberty Tree Tavern and had turkey, stuffing, etc. and it wasn't very good. We were going to go in November for Thanksgiving but changed our trip to October because of the crowds but we were considering dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. They had a very unique Thanksgiving menu.
denegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
ROEDISNEY
DIS Veteran My name is Disney

I wouldn't do a signature resturant on a Thanksgiving. I would probably go to Chef Mickey's or LTT or CP or the Wave.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: