Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

WDW/DCL Western Caribbean Honeymoon Extravaganza!! DONE!!! - PG 51!!

Okay, here is the official TR!!! For those of you following from my PRE trip report, I want to pick up right where I left off but will give a mini-summary of it all for anyone just joining. If you are just joining, please read my PTR, which I will link here!!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2123163

My name is Nikki, Disney vet and park goer since 18 months of age. My (now) husband is Tom, Disney newbie as of 2006 and now Disney LOVER! Our wedding was the 18th followed by a week in the parks, followed by a week on the cruise and ending with a FABULOUS last day in Epcot before heading home to NJ.

So where did I leave off?? Oh yes, hair and makeup ran late...my niece is the cutest baby in the world...I yelled at my photographer....AH, me in my dress....

Last edited by NikkiLovesWDW!; 09-22-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
NikkiLovesWDW!

I know the title of the TR says WDW/DCL 7/19-8/1 but I just HAVE to talk a little about the day before...the reason for such a big vacation. I promise I'll make the wedding stuff quick though....

Okay so here's me in my dress! Sorry, it's still kind of a tease but I like this picture because I was posing for the photog and my sister got this from behind. I like how it shows my hair and veil.

The photographer left around 1:30 to go to the church to get pics of Tom and his family before the ceremony.

Here's me and my bridesmaids having a little drinky drink before the limo arrived. I was not thrilled with my makeup. Close up it was gross and cakey but it looked okay in pictures. I actually wiped some off around my eyes as soon as we got back from the place!

Here's all our flowers on the way to the ceremony. Mine are red, my sister's are white with a few red and the bridesmaids were white. I thought the flowers were perfect. Just like my hair....soooo ME!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
NikkiLovesWDW!

You can't see it in any of my sister's pictures, but my flowers DID have the hidden mickey pins in it, which was awesome! Pictures from the church did not come out well but it was nice to get up there with Tom and sit. We actually were whispering to each other the whole time. Oops! The first thing I said to him was, "I yelled at the photographer." To which he replied, "I know, she told me."

I showed him my hidden mickey pins and he loved it. The ceremony went sooo fast, which was awesome! We took a few pics at the church after and then it was off to the park for pictures!!

Well, we drove by the park and there was some sort of fair going on. Thank goodness for a backup plan!! Just down the block is an old ferry slip, not in use anymore but still standing. It use to go from Perth Amboy to Tottenville, Staten Island which is where Tom is from!! I wanted to do just a pic or two of us there after the park but it turned out, that was where we would do all our formal bridal party pics. I was totally fine with that. Here's a few from that location.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Beautiful! Amazing dress and your hair and make-up were absolutely gorgeous! I love up-dos like that and the veil was perfect. What a great beginning for you and DH !!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 08-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
NikkiLovesWDW!

Sooo, after a LONG limo ride, we got to the reception around 5:20. I didn't really want to miss cocktail hour because we picked a mashed potato bar and pulled pork as our two stations. But first thing's first...I HAD to get a look at the centerpieces. Thankfully, I have an awesome work friend who, not only helped me make them BUT went early the morning of the wedding to set them all up for me!

Oh for those of you who are confused, I'll give you the brief summary. The theme of the wedding was taken directly from Wishes, the MK fireworks show. So all our centerpieces were disney snowglobes I had been buying over the past year, and they each had a wish to go with the movie.

So I ran right into the room and was just blown away! They looked SO beautiful and they turned out to be a big hit. I heard a few tables were fighting over who got to take the snowglobe home. My sister took a pic of all of them but I'll just post a few...

This was the one at our table.

So as I'm looking at the beautiful centerpieces, the DJ comes over to tell us he DOES NOT have our intro song. Ugh. Whatever, we picked something else real quick.

Before I went down for cocktail hour, I took a look at the cake. I was gorgeous!!!! I was a little concerned about the cake because the baker didn't really understand what I wanted. I said stars and he was at a loss. So a few days before the wedding, I was in my kitchen making all these chocolate stars and chocolate star lolipops of different sized. I brough them to the baker with star ribbon and said, just use this! And this is what he did!!!!

I know it's not tradition for the bride and groom to show up at cocktail hour but I HAD to have those potatoes and Tom needed his pulled pork. So we showed up for a second, my mom snapped this pic of me, which I LOVE, with my mashed potatoes. (Sorry for the bad quality, I had to scan it to my comp.)

Then I went upstairs to our private cocktail hour and my sister bustled my dress and we got ready for introductions.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
dolfinjuls
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad you started it right away! You were a beautiful bride! I love how the cake turned out and the centerpieces looked great! I am also loving the mashed potato bar....awesome!

Can't wait for more!
1994: 1st Trip @ age 12 off-site, 2000: Senior Trip@ All-Star Sports, August 10-16th 2008 @ Pop! First trip with family!, July 20-30 2009 @ SSR! First trip as DVC members!, Nov 27-Dec 4 2010 @ Pop! 11/4-11/10/11 @ AKV/Pop!, Nov4-8th 2012 at DHHIR On deck: Oct 31-Nov 8 at Pop!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
NikkiLovesWDW!

Introductions/Reception

So other than the fact that the DJ didnt' have our entrance song, which was SUPPOSED to be Stevie Wonder, For Once In My Life....introductions were great. I made CD for the DJ of songs I knew he didn't have and as part of our introductions, right before he announced Tom and I, he played the sound clip "Please stand clear of the doors....." and that got a big laugh, which I was happy about. Even if you're not HUGE disney fans, you know the monorail and I'd say about half of the people there were at least moderate disney fans.

Our first dance was to Billy Joel, When You Wish Upon a Star from the 90's TV special, Simply Mad About The Mouse. PERFECT song for us!

I danced with my dad to You'll be In My Heart, Phil Collins from Tarzan and Tom danced with his mom to True Colors by Phil Collins. That wasn't on purpose, just worked out that way.

Pics of the dances did not come out great.

Emma had a wardrobe change after introductions. I LOVED her second outfit! It was so cute and way more comfy for her than the bulky dress. She was so good and even danced with everyone. ADORABLE!

We cut the cake to "The Best Time Of Your Life" from Carousel of Porgress. You know..."now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life..." It was perfect.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Here I am!

Although I will read it later today.

I need a nap! lol

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Beautiful! Amazing dress and your hair and make-up were absolutely gorgeous! I love up-dos like that and the veil was perfect. What a great beginning for you and DH !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinjuls View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you started it right away! You were a beautiful bride! I love how the cake turned out and the centerpieces looked great! I am also loving the mashed potato bar....awesome!

Can't wait for more!
Yay!! Thanks for jumping in guys!! Yes, mashed potato bar was
Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #10
NikkiLovesWDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Here I am!

Although I will read it later today.

I need a nap! lol
Woo Hooo!! Have a nice nap!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Nikki - you looked gorgeous - your dress was awesome and the centerpieces - WOW - what a great idea!! Can't wait to read and see more!!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
WDWboy
Who doesn't love a jr. mint?...They're very refreshing!

We saw bridal mickey ears and green mickey heads on a backback on the bus from Polyneisian to Animal Kingdom on Friday morning July 24 must of been you and your groom???, congratulations on your big day!!!

Last edited by WDWboy; 08-03-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
WLfamily
Mouseketeer

I'm here Nikki!! Lovin this tr, your wedding was brilliant!!! Your dress was gorgeous, love, love, love the centerpieces (my dd wants the snowglobes ), and your choice of music was right on!! Oh and Tom, you look great too!
July 2009 Trip Report~
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2251346
Old 08-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #14
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!

Nikki, you are absolutely gorgeous! Love your dress, your hair, your flowers, your veil...everything! The centerpieces are wonderful and I love how your cake turned out...I hope the baker gave you a discount since you made the stars yourself!!!

Gorgeous!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #15
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Nice report. I loved your pics of the Perth Amboy Ferry Terminal. I was born in Perth Amboy, and am old enough to have ridden on the Ferry to Tottenville.
Where was your reception?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: