Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #166
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

As you can see I have greatly scaled back my designs for this book. I did it two-fold: 1) I don't have a lot of time...got more involved in volunteering at my church, at DD7's school and with Girl Scouts and 2) I ran out of stickers, esp the smaller ones now that I am putting two characters on a page.

So when the craft stores put Disney stickers on sale again at 40 or 50% off, then I'll go back and buy a lot in the right size for this book.

And I hope to work on her autograph book some more this summer prior to our Nov/Dec trip. I'll try to get them both in summer day camp for the same week and use that time to devote to catching up on scrapbooking!! That sounds soooo wonderful to me!

Thanks for looking!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #167
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
As you can see I have greatly scaled back my designs for this book. I did it two-fold: 1) I don't have a lot of time...got more involved in volunteering at my church, at DD7's school and with Girl Scouts and 2) I ran out of stickers, esp the smaller ones now that I am putting two characters on a page.

So when the craft stores put Disney stickers on sale again at 40 or 50% off, then I'll go back and buy a lot in the right size for this book.

And I hope to work on her autograph book some more this summer prior to our Nov/Dec trip. I'll try to get them both in summer day camp for the same week and use that time to devote to catching up on scrapbooking!! That sounds soooo wonderful to me!

Thanks for looking!!

I like the new design! Especially the big page for Toystory Characters. That will be fun! My bet is that Buzz Lightyear will try to make his the biggest. LOL

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #168
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

Very nice additions!!! It looks great!!

PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #169
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear

I like the new design! Especially the big page for Toystory Characters. That will be fun! My bet is that Buzz Lightyear will try to make his the biggest. LOL
Thanks! I know Buzz has a stamp...we never got Any of the others yet.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #170
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNancy96
Very nice additions!!! It looks great!!
Thank you! I really want to get some more, like Mickey and Minnie! That will be a fun page to do.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #171
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Thanks! I know Buzz has a stamp...we never got Any of the others yet.
ahh...I didn't realize that. I guess he has those stiff hands huh

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #172
SharonLovesMickey
Mouseketeer

Okay, I have a question about your scrapbook autograph books. Do you intend to see all these characters on your next trip? What if you miss one? Do you leave that page blank? Fill it in next time? Omit it from your book? Add it to the next book? I have thought about making something like this, but I know that we will probably miss a character or too. What about the character you did not think of? (is that possible?! ha ha ha ha)
SharonLovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #173
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLovesMickey View Post
Okay, I have a question about your scrapbook autograph books. Do you intend to see all these characters on your next trip? What if you miss one? Do you leave that page blank? Fill it in next time? Omit it from your book? Add it to the next book? I have thought about making something like this, but I know that we will probably miss a character or too. What about the character you did not think of? (is that possible?! ha ha ha ha)
Yes, now that we got the main characters, I just bring along blank pieces of white paper and a variety of colors of sharpie markers and a small clipboard and we just have the characters sign that piece of paper.

Also, I've been working on my younger daughter's book and this time I decided to use multiple characters on the same page. I can't remember if I posted pics or not...will have to look.

But I did one page for all the Toy Story characters (big white piece of paper in middle with characters all around).

I added two princesses on one page that had complementary colors.

This way my book isn't as heavy and bulky. I had to stop taking my first daughter's book to the parks and just pull out the pages of characters we hadn't seen yet, along with blank cards.

I actually took a break from scrapbooking and your email is a great reminder for me to get back to it for our December trip!! So thanks!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #174
Marshay

Yes, I see I did post the latest pages showing 2 characters on one page.

I can either decide to post a small picture with autograph or just use the autograph.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: