Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #121
Lamping3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
Exciting News!!!

Over breakfast DH agreed to getting Annual Passes instead of the 3 day passes we were planning on getting. I am so excited!!! Now I should be able to talk him into a spring trip for sure.
Yay for single digits! Yay for APs! Yay for another trip!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #122
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! It fun was making it. To me the planning is such a fun part of a Disney trip. It shocks me that my DH and parents just let me do all the planning without giving any input. I guess they know I'll do a good job and they can just go along for the ride.

Big day today - I am going to start packing mine and DS's bags and my dog-sitter is coming over today to meet the dogs. I have a 10 year old pug named Gigi who has severe anxiety problems and the only other place she can stay is my parents house but since they are going with us I had to find someone to stay here to take care of her. We tried to leave her with my inlaws last year and she almost died from a severe anxiety attack, and she knows and likes my inlaws. Poor old girl. So this year I asked a really nice college student I have known since she was 14 to stay here and take care of Gigi and my parents' little dog Farley.
yes it has amazed me too that dh lets me make all of the choice and usually when I ask him anything his answer is "whatever you think". gotta love it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #123
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Oh my word - this time next week we will be on the road on our way to WDW - I am so excited!!!

I posted this on the Resorts forum, but maybe someone here knows:

I have 2 quick ticket related questions.

1. We are checking in next week and we purchased 2 one day MYW tickets, but we are actually going to upgrade those to Fl Res Seasonal passes. Do we need to ask to have them seperately from our KTTW cards or can they be on there?

2. My mom and dad also purchased 2 one day MYW tickets on their room reservation but my dad is planning on using both of those and we are buying my mom a Fl Res 3 day hopper - will they do that? Will they put both days on my dad's KTTW card?

We had a very productive weekend. We went to Old Navy and got DH all new clothes for the trip, to the dollar store where we got DS some toys and goodies for the trip, and the Party Store where we got a black sash to use as a belt for DS's pirate costume.

I got a plain black t-shirt at Old Navy for myself and I am going to cut up an old shirt of my dad's and attempt to make it into a skull to sew on the shirt to make a authentic pirate shirt - wish me luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkford4 View Post
That is awesome! You are so close now!!!
I know - it's surreal - I am so excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBayou View Post
Hey! You're doing the single digit dance, congrats.

Your schedule looks great.
Thanks! DH scoffed at my schedule but I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Woo - hoo!!! CONGRATS!!! You're sooooo lucky. I seriously don't think I could ever live in Florida. I was dying in 83 degree weather here in colorado today, but it would be AMAZING to live as close to Disney as you are. You should come out in March now.
The heat is a KILLER (thank goodness for central A/C) but I do love living so close to WDW. I should come in March - that would be so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
Yay for single digits! Yay for APs! Yay for another trip!
I am so excited that DH agreed to APs - I had decided that I would go along with whatever he wanted, but he was totally on board with getting the APs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
yes it has amazed me too that dh lets me make all of the choice and usually when I ask him anything his answer is "whatever you think". gotta love it!
I know!! I am so glad they all just let me do the planning.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #124
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

wow your trip is so close. I am so excited for you! the shirt is such a good idea. post pics when its done if you get a chance! id love to see it.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #125
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
wow your trip is so close. I am so excited for you! the shirt is such a good idea. post pics when its done if you get a chance! id love to see it.
I will definitely take pictures.

I just completed the online check-in for our trip.

I am praying that our room is ready early so Gabe can take a nap that afternoon so he can fully enjoy MNSSHP our first night.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #126
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

Less than one week to go!!!! Good luck with all of the last minute trip stuff!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #127
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
Less than one week to go!!!! Good luck with all of the last minute trip stuff!!!
Thanks! I am so tired I just hope it all comes together for the trip.

Last night I stayed up late making my homemade pirate shirt. It turned out OK - I'm not sure I love it.....I will still wear it though. One of the crossbones is sewn on crooked so if I have time I'll fix that. I'll try to get pictures of it soon.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #128
Gabes_mommy

Yay - only 4 more days!!!

I took a personal day from work today because I am fighting a cold and I need rest. I also need to pack and run a few errands. I need a new pair of Teva Mush flip flops for the trip so I am hoping to find those today.

I don't think I've mentioned this before in my PTR, but my dad actually takes care of Gabe for us while we work. It is so wonderful! I feel so blessed to have Gabe get so much love and attention everyday.

I actually just went back to work F/T in March after being a SAHM and we put Gabe in daycare. A few months later my dad got laid off. Since my dad is 62 he decided to just retire early but he wanted to postpone taking Social Security until he turns 65 so he just needed to make a little income. We offered to pay him what we were paying the daycare and viola - we had a new nanny! It is so perfect - it gives my dad something to do and Gabe adores his pop pop so much. They have such a ball together - they take a "field trip" somewhere fun everyday like the zoo or the beach.

When my dad was picking Gabe up this morning he suggesed a slight change to our plans. Our first day on the way to WDW DH had asked that we stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then we have an early ADR that night at LTT for 4:30 so my dad suggested we skip lunch and just use snack credits instead which totally makes sense.

So, that leaves us with an extra counter service meal. We were planning on paying out of pocket for the Sci-Fi on our last day but maybe we should cancel that ADR and eat at Pizza Planet instead using that counter service credit - what do you all think? I love Sci-Fi and I wanted everyone to see it, but we've never had Pizza Planet so that may be fun too and it would save us a lot of money. Opinions?

I'll be back later today with pictures of my homemade pirate shirt for MNSSHP.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #129
BlueBayou
Stop trolling, and reel 'er in!

Quote:

So, that leaves us with an extra counter service meal. We were planning on paying out of pocket for the Sci-Fi on our last day but maybe we should cancel that ADR and eat at Pizza Planet instead using that counter service credit - what do you all think? I love Sci-Fi and I wanted everyone to see it, but we've never had Pizza Planet so that may be fun too and it would save us a lot of money. Opinions?

I'll be back later today with pictures of my homemade pirate shirt for MNSSHP.
That's a tough call. I think I would be inclined to save the $$$. This is not a 'One in a Lifetime trip' and you are pretty sure you'll be back

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the shirt!

Our Oct 2009 Dream trip with bumps in the road

Has WDW changed since 1976? - POFQ Oct '09 Pre-Trippie

WDW 2 times in '70's & Oct '09, Disneyland '79, '99, '00, April '01, '02, Dec. '04, June '05, Dec '05, Oct. '06, Oct. '07, Oct. '08, May '10, Oct 11, Oct 12, Oct 13
Old 09-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #130
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Yay for 4 more days!! Me too!!!! I can't believe how quickly it snuck up on me!! I hope you feel better soon, I'm feeling like I'm getting one too....let's hope the pixie dust works magical on us both!!!! Off to pack...since I haven't packed a thing!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #131
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBayou View Post
That's a tough call. I think I would be inclined to save the $$$. This is not a 'One in a Lifetime trip' and you are pretty sure you'll be back

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the shirt!
I talked to DH about it over breakfast and we decided to cancel our ADR and eat at Pizza Planet instead. That leaves more money for souvenirs. Maybe we'll eat at Sci-Fi on our next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Yay for 4 more days!! Me too!!!! I can't believe how quickly it snuck up on me!! I hope you feel better soon, I'm feeling like I'm getting one too....let's hope the pixie dust works magical on us both!!!! Off to pack...since I haven't packed a thing!
It totally snuck up on me too! It's amazing how you go from months away to packing! Have you seen the reports from people there now saying it's empty? I really hope that's true for us next week too. I hope you feel better too and have fun packing - I am off to do the exact same thing actually.

DH and I just went to breakfast and then hit Gander Mountain to look for my Tevas and they were on sale for $12 - score! Now I have everything I need for the trip.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #132
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

I find it so funny that you took off of work to rest but went out to breakfast and shopping for sandals The priorities of life right! thats great. i hope you feel better soon. Awesome that the teva's were on sale.

I also agree with the plan of canceling sci fi and going w/ pizza planet. Always good not to leave any credits unused. Extra spending money is a huge plus!!!!

I hope the crowds are low too. I was getting worried that the free dining would be too appealing and cause the parks to be super crowded.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #133
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
I find it so funny that you took off of work to rest but went out to breakfast and shopping for sandals The priorities of life right! thats great. i hope you feel better soon. Awesome that the teva's were on sale.

I also agree with the plan of canceling sci fi and going w/ pizza planet. Always good not to leave any credits unused. Extra spending money is a huge plus!!!!

I hope the crowds are low too. I was getting worried that the free dining would be too appealing and cause the parks to be super crowded.
Just don't tell my boss about breakfast and shopping.

Someone here did a survey of what week in Sept people were going and of the responders like 50% or something ridiculous said they were going next week - just my luck. Hopefully they'll all leave before you get there.

Ok, it's picture time! I've probably mentioned this before, but I work at a college in the library and teaching classes. Our library was just fully renovated and we moved in the week before the fall term started. I brought DH and DS by last Saturday to show them my new digs and I got some cute pics of DS:

Remember the Mickey necklace I got from Etsy? Well I finally restrung it last week. After a lot of deliberation I decided to just string it on 2 strands of silver beads.

Before:

After:

And here is my pirate shirt. According to my DH it looks like a kindergartner made it. I told him it was a good thing that pirates are not known for neatness then.

I am thinking of cutting the bottom of the short sleeves off too to give it a more ragged look but I haven't made a final decision on that.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #134
jmkford4
Mouseketeer

It looks cute- both the necklace and the shirt!

Planning our first LARGE FAMILY trip for 2014

Old 09-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #135
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

OH no!! 50% are going next week?!! Just my luck too!!! Oh well, we're still going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!

The necklace and tshirt are cute!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: