Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #91
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
Welcome!!! Thanks for joining in! I'm looking forward to the rest of your PTR too. I am really excited about CBR - I think DS is going to love the pirate pool.

Well, surprise, surprise, my dieting is not going well, and I am panicking about not having anything to wear. Last night I broke down and ordered some new clothes for the trip from Old Navy, Gap, and Lane Bryant. I didn't really want to spend the $$$ but I need to face reality and buy some clothes that actually fit me. Cross your fingers that something I ordered fits and actually looks decent.

On that note does anyone know of any stores that sell stylish plus sized clothing? I am having trouble finding anything cute bigger than a size 16 and I need an 18.
I know the feeling. My diet isnt going the greatest either. Although I do have a few pieces of clothing that I bought earlier in the summer. I am not thrilled with the stuff though. I usually can find nice stuff at a good price at Kohl's do you have one near you? I wear a 14 usually but sometimes a 12 depending on the week I am a yo yo dieter and usually go up a few down a few lbs. I know Kohl's has a section of sizes 16 to 20 something and the clothing all still looks really nice and fashionable. Other than that I know lane bryant and old navy's bottoms always work well. I hate the shirts there lately everything is so thin and it doesnt flatter anyone bigger than a size 6. Good luck with shopping.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #92
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
I know the feeling. My diet isnt going the greatest either. Although I do have a few pieces of clothing that I bought earlier in the summer. I am not thrilled with the stuff though. I usually can find nice stuff at a good price at Kohl's do you have one near you? I wear a 14 usually but sometimes a 12 depending on the week I am a yo yo dieter and usually go up a few down a few lbs. I know Kohl's has a section of sizes 16 to 20 something and the clothing all still looks really nice and fashionable. Other than that I know lane bryant and old navy's bottoms always work well. I hate the shirts there lately everything is so thin and it doesnt flatter anyone bigger than a size 6. Good luck with shopping.
I'm jealous of your size! I was a 10/12 before I had DS. A new Kohl's just opened close to my house so I will definitely check it out soon. Thanks for the suggestion!
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #93
DisneyMomLiz
Mouseketeer

Hi...just PM'd you too

Everyone always thinks DS is way older than his 3 years. I guess, b/c he's the height of a 5 year old according to the pediatrician?!

So for all of our previous trips, when he was under 3, I just carried a copy of his birth certificate with me JIC, but only ever had one CM ask his age and never asked to see certificate?! This time, he gets his very own AP
Old 09-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #94
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Just found your PTR. Your son is adorable and I love all the stuff you have purchased so far. We will be staying at CBR this time also so I can't wait to see some pics.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #95
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

DD is 3 1/2 and she still gets away with being 2 sometimes. Sshhhh don't tell anyone at the Denver Zoo! I'm thinking it's only going to last another month or so, she's definitely growing fast all of a sudden.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #96
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomLiz View Post
Hi...just PM'd you too

Everyone always thinks DS is way older than his 3 years. I guess, b/c he's the height of a 5 year old according to the pediatrician?!

So for all of our previous trips, when he was under 3, I just carried a copy of his birth certificate with me JIC, but only ever had one CM ask his age and never asked to see certificate?! This time, he gets his very own AP
Fun! I think we are going to get APs on this trip because of the new 15 months offer but DS won't get his until next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Just found your PTR. Your son is adorable and I love all the stuff you have purchased so far. We will be staying at CBR this time also so I can't wait to see some pics.
Welcome!!! I'm so glad you stopped by. I will be sure to take lots of CBR pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
DD is 3 1/2 and she still gets away with being 2 sometimes. Sshhhh don't tell anyone at the Denver Zoo! I'm thinking it's only going to last another month or so, she's definitely growing fast all of a sudden.
I won't tell.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #97
Gabes_mommy

Only 12 days to go!!!

Here are some more pictures from our 03/08 trip.

On our 2nd day we went to Epcot and had lunch at the Garden Grill:

Pictures from lunch:

I love this picture:

Another picture with the main mouse:

Scarfing down a cupcake:

On the run in the World Showcase:

Checking out the tanks at the Seas with Nemo:

Old 09-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #98
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

such great pics. Gabe is so cute! How is your planning coming. Are you all ready to go? Exciting about the new kohls too. You will love it.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:13 AM   #99
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
such great pics. Gabe is so cute! How is your planning coming. Are you all ready to go? Exciting about the new kohls too. You will love it.
Aw, thanks! I think he's a keeper. I am actually getting to the point of feeling overwhelmed. I am ready with a lot of things, but realizing that there are still a lot of details I need to nail down. For example, DS must be going through a growth spurt be cause he has been eating non-stop lately. Since he's not 3 he won't technically be on the dining plan with us, so we'll share meals with him, but I also need to being a bunch of snacks and juices for him. I'm going to try to shop for all of that this weekend.

I got my package from Disney Shopping yesterday and I love my 2 new shirts! They both fit perfectly. Interestingly, the XL is slightly smaller than the L. I am just glad both fit so I now have 2 cute new tops for the trip.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #100
Gabes_mommy

OK, I am so excited! I just tracked my packages from Old Navy and Lane Bryant and they are both out for delivery today.

I have been wanting to put together a "Must Do's" list for the trip, so here goes:

Magic Kingdom:
*Pirates
*Dole Whip - I haven't had one of these in at least 10 years
*Haunted Mansion - I haven't seen the updates yet. Gabe will sit this one out I think
*Peter Pan's Flight
*Pooh ride & playground
*The Barnstormer!!! This will be Gabe's first coaster
*Mickey & Minnie's houses
*Buzz Lightyear
*Boo to You Parade

Epcot:
* The Seas with Nemo - ride and pavilion
* Turtle Talk with Crush
* Spaceship Earth - I haven't seen the updates yet
* Test Track - I love this ride!!! Gabe will sit this one out
* Imagination
* Boat ride in Mexico - what is the new name?
* Maelstrom! - another favorite of mine
* Illuminations - I have never seen this, so I really want to

Animal Kingdom:
* Festival of the Lion King
* Dinosaur - without Gabe
* The Bone Yard
* Triceratops Spin
* The Safari

I think we'll probably do the Conservation Station this time too for Gabe.

Disney Studios:
* Toy Story Midway Mania - another first
* Playhouse Disney Show
* HISTK Playground
* Muppetvision 3D - my dad is a huge muppets fan

I also decided I would like to go to Downtown Disney on our first day before MNSSHP. I really want to check out World of Disney and that new store for women - I can't think of the name.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:46 PM   #101
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Tren-D!! I want to go there, too!!! Looks fab!!!

Can't wait to see what you bought from ON and LB!! Will you share?

Great lists, and yay for Gabe's 1st roller coaster!!!!!!!! You guys are going to have SO much fun!! It's almost time!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #102
Lamping3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aw, thanks! I think he's a keeper. I am actually getting to the point of feeling overwhelmed. I am ready with a lot of things, but realizing that there are still a lot of details I need to nail down. For example, DS must be going through a growth spurt be cause he has been eating non-stop lately. Since he's not 3 he won't technically be on the dining plan with us, so we'll share meals with him, but I also need to being a bunch of snacks and juices for him. I'm going to try to shop for all of that this weekend.
I have had the same thought with Amelia....when we go out to eat I usually order her something off of the kids menu. She is pretty picky and I can't say she will want to eat what we are so we might end up paying for her a meal oop.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #103
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Tren-D!! I want to go there, too!!! Looks fab!!!

Can't wait to see what you bought from ON and LB!! Will you share?

Great lists, and yay for Gabe's 1st roller coaster!!!!!!!! You guys are going to have SO much fun!! It's almost time!!!!
Trend-D - yes that's it! Thanks! I will definitely share what I got. I'll post links in a few minutes. I just hope something fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
I have had the same thought with Amelia....when we go out to eat I usually order her something off of the kids menu. She is pretty picky and I can't say she will want to eat what we are so we might end up paying for her a meal oop.
I won't be surprised if we end up ordering a lot of stuff for Gabe OOP - that's OK though, it's still cheaper than having to buy him his own tickets.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #104
Gabes_mommy

From Lane Bryant I ordered this top in the pink:

http://www.lanebryant.com/product/U-...-top/37320.uts

And these shorts in the khaki:

http://www.lanebryant.com/product/Sa...t/25/c/293.uts

From Old Navy I got 3 pairs of bermudas/capris.

These in the brown-
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=652749002

These in khaki-
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=633971002

And these-
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...d=8&pid=633975

Old 09-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #105
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
From Lane Bryant I ordered this top in the pink:

http://www.lanebryant.com/product/U-...-top/37320.uts

And these shorts in the khaki:

http://www.lanebryant.com/product/Sa...t/25/c/293.uts

From Old Navy I got 3 pairs of bermudas/capris.

These in the brown-
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=652749002

These in khaki-
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=633971002

And these-
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...d=8&pid=633975

Adorable!!!!!!! Love it....hope they fit great and you love them!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: