Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #76
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Ohhhhh you lucky duck!!!! I'm so jealous you're leaving so soon. You better take lots and lots of pictures.

I like both of your shirts!

I wish I could buy myself some clothes right now for our trip but I have NOOO idea what size I'll be wearing at that time. I'll only have two months to diet before we leave. I also wish I knew what size clothes to buy the baby. My DD was always VERY small but for some reason I have a feeling Jayden is going to be a MONSTER!!
Old 08-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #77
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Love the new tops!! Very cute!! Your trip is SO close.....that makes mine close, too!! Woohoo!! I can't believe how quickly time if flying by....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #78
jmkford4
Mouseketeer

It is so close, but I am not as excited. Don't know why. Anyone else?

Cute shirts, BTW!

Planning our first LARGE FAMILY trip for 2015
Old 08-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #79
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Ohhhhh you lucky duck!!!! I'm so jealous you're leaving so soon. You better take lots and lots of pictures.

I like both of your shirts!

I wish I could buy myself some clothes right now for our trip but I have NOOO idea what size I'll be wearing at that time. I'll only have two months to diet before we leave. I also wish I knew what size clothes to buy the baby. My DD was always VERY small but for some reason I have a feeling Jayden is going to be a MONSTER!!
Gabe weighed 9 lbs 13 oz at birth and grew so fast!!! He only wore 0-3 month sizes for like a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Love the new tops!! Very cute!! Your trip is SO close.....that makes mine close, too!! Woohoo!! I can't believe how quickly time if flying by....
I know!!! Time has flown! I am so happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkford4 View Post
It is so close, but I am not as excited. Don't know why. Anyone else?

Cute shirts, BTW!
Maybe you're nervous about your new job so it is taking away a bit from your excitement? I know I was nervous about my first week of classes, but now that it's over I am back to being super excited for my trip.

Coming soon, a few more pictures from our 03/08 trip.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #80
Gabes_mommy

For our 03/08 trip we stayed at POFQ again. I just love POFQ and I found it so soothing on that trip. I spent a lot of time sitting on the benches and reading or going for walks while DH and DS napped.

By this trip DS was 15 months old and running around like crazy. Our first day we checked it and had lunch in the foodcourt and then I let DS walk wherever he wanted all over the resort.

At lunch playing with my phone:

On the move:

On this trip DS was obsessed with the fountains:

Right after I took this picture, DS fell in. Poor guy - he was no worse for wear, but it was a long walk back to our room with me carrying a soaking wet baby.

More later!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #81
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Oh no!! He fell into the fountain!!! LOL!!! Poor baby....thanks for sharing the pics, love his little outfit!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 AM   #82
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Oh no!! He fell into the fountain!!! LOL!!! Poor baby....thanks for sharing the pics, love his little outfit!!!
Thanks!! He actually still fits into those shorts.

Here are a few more cute pictures from our walk that day:

And a few pictures of the lovely POFQ:

On this trip we had the PERFECT room at POFQ - it was a courtyard view in building 4, right next to the foodcourt.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #83
BlueBayou
Stop trolling, and reel 'er in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
I
If anyone else is reading please post. I love to meet new people. I feel a little like a PTR reject.
Don't feel like a trip report reject - I was kind of feeling like one too, until you posted!

I can't wait to hear about your stay at CBR - That was my other moderate choice. It seems so 'fun' there!

Our Oct 2009 Dream trip with bumps in the road

Has WDW changed since 1976? - POFQ Oct '09 Pre-Trippie

WDW 2 times in '70's & Oct '09, Disneyland '79, '99, '00, April '01, '02, Dec. '04, June '05, Dec '05, Oct. '06, Oct. '07, Oct. '08, May '10, Oct 11, Oct 12, Oct 13
Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #84
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBayou View Post
Don't feel like a trip report reject - I was kind of feeling like one too, until you posted!

I can't wait to hear about your stay at CBR - That was my other moderate choice. It seems so 'fun' there!
Welcome!!! Thanks for joining in! I'm looking forward to the rest of your PTR too. I am really excited about CBR - I think DS is going to love the pirate pool.

Well, surprise, surprise, my dieting is not going well, and I am panicking about not having anything to wear. Last night I broke down and ordered some new clothes for the trip from Old Navy, Gap, and Lane Bryant. I didn't really want to spend the $$$ but I need to face reality and buy some clothes that actually fit me. Cross your fingers that something I ordered fits and actually looks decent.

On that note does anyone know of any stores that sell stylish plus sized clothing? I am having trouble finding anything cute bigger than a size 16 and I need an 18.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #85
DisneyMomLiz
Mouseketeer

Love the shirts, off to check out Disney shopping now and Disney store in the mall later this week! By the way I work at a college too. Ok you hear it too right?! It's a small world...

Lane Bryant and the Avenue have worked for me, especially the clearance section, pretty much the only thing I go to in those stores. Also, I've found Marshall's has some good stuff, but you have to "dig" and I don't always have the time to dig with a 3 yr old in tow kwim?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #86
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomLiz View Post
Love the shirts, off to check out Disney shopping now and Disney store in the mall later this week! By the way I work at a college too. Ok you hear it too right?! It's a small world...

Lane Bryant and the Avenue have worked for me, especially the clearance section, pretty much the only thing I go to in those stores. Also, I've found Marshall's has some good stuff, but you have to "dig" and I don't always have the time to dig with a 3 yr old in tow kwim?
I wonder if we work at the same college? Hmm, I'll PM you. I've never heard of Avenue but I will check it out - thanks for the suggestion!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #87
Gabes_mommy

Back to pictures from our 03/08 trip.

So when we left off DS had just fallen into the fountain. I got him dried off and changed and we were off to MK for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Here is DS playing in the room:

Pictures from dinner. It totally bums me out that there are no characters at LTT now. DS loves the characters.

I love this picture because you can see how excited DS is:

Me and DS at dinner:

A very tired little boy that night:

That's all the pictures I have from Day 1. I'll try to post the day 2 pictures soon.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 PM   #88
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your little man looks just like you! My DD looks just like my husband, she has my hair color and eyes and that's just about it. ... I can't wait to see what what new baby looks like.

My goodness, yes, Gabe was a big baby. You poor lady! Reya came out weighing 6oz 9oz.

Your pictures are so cute, I really enjoy looking at them. So funny Gabe fell in the fountain. I bet that gave you a heart attack for a second or two.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #89
Lamping3
Mouseketeer

Love the new shirts! You are getting so close to your vacation!!!!

My DD is pretty tall too...I am worried when we go (she will have just turned 2) that they will ask if she is 3.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #90
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Wow! Your little man looks just like you! My DD looks just like my husband, she has my hair color and eyes and that's just about it. ... I can't wait to see what what new baby looks like.

My goodness, yes, Gabe was a big baby. You poor lady! Reya came out weighing 6oz 9oz.

Your pictures are so cute, I really enjoy looking at them. So funny Gabe fell in the fountain. I bet that gave you a heart attack for a second or two.
Thank you for saying Gabe looks like me. My whole family is convinced he looks just like my DH, but I think he looks like me too. Yes, he was a BEEFCAKE! People thought I was having twins at the end. I ended up having to have a c-section because he was so big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamping3 View Post
Love the new shirts! You are getting so close to your vacation!!!!

My DD is pretty tall too...I am worried when we go (she will have just turned 2) that they will ask if she is 3.
I am totally expecting to be questioned about DS's age. People usually think he's about 4.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: