Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

I too have a Gabriel

We will be there in September too but right before you get there.

Love the costumes!!

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
I too have a Gabriel

We will be there in September too but right before you get there.

Love the costumes!!
Your little guy is adorable! Gabriel is such a great name. My DH actually chose it for our son, but now I can't imagine him with any other name. I'll have to check out your PTR tomorrow.

The shirt and pants for DS's halloween costume both came in the mail today and they are SO CUTE. I'm so excited!
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
Your little guy is adorable! Gabriel is such a great name. My DH actually chose it for our son, but now I can't imagine him with any other name. I'll have to check out your PTR tomorrow.

The shirt and pants for DS's halloween costume both came in the mail today and they are SO CUTE. I'm so excited!
Thanks!

Yes, we thought we were having a girl and I don't know where/how we came up with Gabriel. It sounds musical (hubby is a musician) and kind of heavenly

I couldn't imagine him being anything else

I am really getting crazy now it's a month away

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

Old 08-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #19
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, we thought we were having a girl and I don't know where/how we came up with Gabriel. It sounds musical (hubby is a musician) and kind of heavenly

I couldn't imagine him being anything else

I am really getting crazy now it's a month away
I know! Our trip is only a little over a month away too - I can't believe it.

I made another purchase today. I found this necklace on Etsy and had to have it. I make my own jewelry so I am actually going to re-string the pendant and stones on a beaded silver chain.

If anyone else is reading please post. I love to meet new people. I feel a little like a PTR reject.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
Gabes_mommy

I just made another purchase for our trip. Clearly I need to step away from the computer and avoid Etsy at all costs.

I got this cute tag for our new stroller:

On Disney shopping I bought a denim diaper bag embroidered with Mickey and our last name so the tag will match the bag well.

Last edited by Gabes_mommy; 08-22-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #21
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

CUTE!

Clearly, I need to step away from the computer too! I think I'm done well except for the headphones and checking out our local Marshall's for Board Shorts or Water Shorts or just any shorts that I think may be good for melting weather

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #22
Mickey_Dust
Mouseketeer

PTR Reject!! Thats funny
I have never been to the Etsy site but seeing all your cute things I think I am going there next.. (My DH will thank you. LOL)
Post a pic. of the necklace when you are finished!

I think the tank will look good with the pirate pants, all black, Hmmmm??? I don't know that would look good too. (Sorry no help here)

Sept. 22 -29, 2009 Pre-Trip Report... The planning of a surprise

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/vyau31f94wlhmszo.png[/IMG]

Sept. 2009 - All Star Movies
Sept. 2007 - POR
Old 08-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #23
trickiwoo
Talk Disney To Me!

I love all the pics you posted!!! Your son is adorable!!! I can't wait to see more! Especially of all the super cute stuff you're buying!

I love Etsy!!! I buy all of my jewelry on there!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #24
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Dust View Post
PTR Reject!! Thats funny
I have never been to the Etsy site but seeing all your cute things I think I am going there next.. (My DH will thank you. LOL)
Post a pic. of the necklace when you are finished!

I think the tank will look good with the pirate pants, all black, Hmmmm??? I don't know that would look good too. (Sorry no help here)
Hi! Thanks for posting! Etsy is dangerous! There are so many cute, unique things there and the prices are usually pretty good so I end up buying more than I should.

I will definitely post a pic of the necklace when I'm done - I can't wait to get it in the mail so I can decide what to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickiwoo View Post
I love all the pics you posted!!! Your son is adorable!!! I can't wait to see more! Especially of all the super cute stuff you're buying!

I love Etsy!!! I buy all of my jewelry on there!
Welcome!!! Thanks for stopping by!!! Etsy is the BEST! I just started shopping there recently and now I can't get enough.

Thanks for the compliment about my DS. He is such a sweet little guy too - DH and I are so blessed.

Last night I tried Gabe's pirate tank top and pants on him and he flipped! He loved it! He ran around saying "I pirate - arg!" for the rest of the night and then when DH and I were putting him to bed DH asked him, "are you a pirate?" which he answered with an emphatic "Arg!" - it was hilarious!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #25
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
CUTE!

Clearly, I need to step away from the computer too! I think I'm done well except for the headphones and checking out our local Marshall's for Board Shorts or Water Shorts or just any shorts that I think may be good for melting weather
Land's End has all their bathingsuits and board shorts on sale now too so you may want to check out their website. If you get on their email list they send coupons for free shipping almost every day too.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #26
Gabes_mommy

I read a great tip in another PTR about bringing along a pop-up hamper to put dirty clothes in. Since we drive to WDW I thought this was an excellent idea. That way we don't have to pack our dirty clothes back in our suitcases and we can just stick the hamper in the back of our minivan for the drive home.

I got am email from Disney shopping this AM about the PJ Pals being $5.00 so I was on the site and started clicking around and found this hamper:

It was only $8.00 and it will be perfect for our trip and then DS can have it in his room afterwards.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #27
Gabes_mommy

Happy update - Gabe's pirate hat came in the mail today after all. I was totally surprised and the seller also included an additional hat that is adult sized too for free so I may end up wearing it for MNSSHP too.

I asked DH if he would wear a "piratey" t-shirt for MNSSHP so we would have a family theme, but he refused - such a party pooper.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #28
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

joining in. Loving your PTR. we arrive at disney 9/20 just missing your stay. I love the pirate theme. We have gone through so many ideas for costumes and still are undecided. My DS4 want to be either buzz lightyear or captain hook both of which I am trying to tell him might be too hot to wear but he doesnt seem to want to hear that. Can you give me an idea of what kind of weather to expect at night. I figured you could help since you are close to WDW.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #29
Gabes_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
joining in. Loving your PTR. we arrive at disney 9/20 just missing your stay. I love the pirate theme. We have gone through so many ideas for costumes and still are undecided. My DS4 want to be either buzz lightyear or captain hook both of which I am trying to tell him might be too hot to wear but he doesnt seem to want to hear that. Can you give me an idea of what kind of weather to expect at night. I figured you could help since you are close to WDW.
Welcome! Thanks for joining in! The weather should be pretty warm - even at night it will still be in the low 80's. The coolest it might be would probably be in the upper 70's. If it rains it may be a bit cooler than that, but not much. I hope that helps!

Last Halloween DS was French Fries - it was a great costume, but a bit hot and probably not that comfortable. He didn't wear it for long stretches so it worked out though.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
Gabes_mommy

OK, it's time for "bag talk"

The discussion of what bags I may bring on our trip really starts with a story. After the birth of DS I was on the lookout for a fun, colorful, unique diaper bag. It seemed like everyone I knew had the same 2 brands of diaper bags and I really wanted something different. I was perusing a diaper bag thread on a parenting forum and people kept mentioning "Tokidoki" bags a lot, but no one ever posted a picture. Curiousity got the best of me and I googled Tokidoki - that was it - love at first sight. Tokidoki was created by an artist named Simone Legno and his bright, colorful patterns are just so me! Honestly, it probably would have been better if I never discovered Tokidoki because it started an immense collection that has cut way into my WDW trip budget.

Now, over 2 years later I have almost 30 pieces of Tokidoki - both bags and accessories. Four of my bags are "cross body" style so those are the ones I am considering for the trip.

These two bags are both the same style. They are a good size and will hold quite a bit without looking too bulky:

This bag lays flat so it's fine with a wallet and a few other small things in it but if I pack it too much it can look bulky:

This one holds quite a bit so it may be nice for the trip too:

Before I found Tokidoki I was really into Vera Bradley bags and I still like them a lot and recently bought the mailbag in cupcakes green so that may go on the trip too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: