Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

We're back! That's Magical...our 1st Annual Couples Trip! Almost finished...

So we are back...from the hottest, busiest trip I have been on!!! We had a ton of fun though.

I am going to start the report before my cohort, JazzyLolo gets back. She and her dh didn't get down till a few days after Df and I anyway.

If you missed it...here is my pre-trip report.

The Cast:
Amanda aka MainStMandy- Proud former CM and OCD-Planner extrodinaire. Just turned 29 (and hating it!) I've been to Disney more times than I can count.

Eric aka PlayStationGeek-Has been to Disney ONCE, probably was about 8 years old. I think they just went to MK for a few hours. Is beyond excited about this trip and is letting me do ALL the planning!

Lauren aka PhotoGuru- One of my dearest friends AND Maid of Honor, who is also a professional photographer. She loves Disney and has only been once (last August for her and her hubby's first anniverary).

Patrick aka Petrick the Easy Going- Pat is...well just along for the ride. Is excited to eat and make Lauren happy, lol. One of the most easy going guys I have ever met!

So that is us. We all get along suprisingly well! Actually the boys ended up gettin along MUCH better than we would have expected

Eric had originally planned on proposing to me on this trip (which I had NO idea)...but he ened up doing it at home a few months before. He took me to the lake where we had our first date and wrote me a poem that ended with him getting on one knee. This trip was going to double as a mini-planning trip as we are getting married in WDW next March!

I ended up taking off the Friday before we left to get some errands run and go out to dinner with my mom. Eric is TERRIFIED of flying so Friday night proved to be interesting. He hadn't been on an airplan in YEARS so going through Security was fun too!!

Saturday morning rolled around way too early (no sleep for us!). Eric did VERY well flying. Today was his birthday and I had a few mini-suprises for him. Since we go to Orlando so early, we were going straight to DHS.

Our flight landed on time. We grabbed our rental car and were on our way to Disney within 30 minutes of landing! Since it was Eric's birthday, he was getting free admission (we just paid for me). Our first stop was to one of my very best friends who works at Guest Relations. I love visiting with him. I wish we lived closer since he is such a great guy! He gave us our first buttons (Just engaged) along with a few fast passes and sent us on our way!! What a magical way to start the trip!!!

We immediately hit up ToT and RnR. I was very suprised that Eric didn't love Tower!! I don't either...so I was ok with that!! We wandered around a bit more until it was time for Eric's first birthday suprise. We hopped in the car and headed to the Boardwalk

Suprise #1
Lunch at ESPN Club to watch the Yankee's game! Eric just loved it and actually said it was one of the best meals all trip!! We got to watch a bit of the game. It was a lot of fun and we will definitely be going back.

After lunch we headed over to Sea Breeze Point. At this point, we were planning on having the wedding here. BUT that was all based on pictures. When we got there, Eric did NOT like it at all. He said it wasn't intimate enough...people were too close to the sidewalk.

Now, we started back down the boardwalk and all Eric kept saying was I AM SO STUFFED. He didn't know it, but he had no idea what stuffed was!

He asked what was up next...and I told him his birthday cake!!! Since we were planning a very small wedding and wouldn't have a change to taste cakes, I ordered a rather large birthday cake so I could chose my flavors. Let's just say we never finished the cake... Lol. But, boy was it good!!

Vanilla with fruit mousse and whipped cream. It was to die for!!

The birthday boy!!!

We were so stuffed that we knew we wouldn't make it to dinner. We went to DHS till early evening and then checked in at the hotel. We also stopped in a DTD and had some Pina Colada's. We were off to bed early as we were off to AK early in the morning.

Last edited by MainStMandy; 09-13-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

I'm on board! Great start so far. That cake looks yummy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
I'm on board! Great start so far. That cake looks yummy!
Hi Toni!!

OMG The cake was to die for!!! We ate it a couple days later with Lauren and Patrick and they agreed!
Old 06-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Mandy.. I'm here as always. I'm really excited to read about all about your TR!!
Old 06-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
dhay
Disney bride 12/5/08! Enjoying married life!!

I can't wait to hear more! I remember our first trip to Disney. They are always the best!!!! Keep the updates coming
Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
DisneyMissy
Mouseketeer

I want some of that cake now!! Glad to hear you guys enjoyed your first day!!

1991: Port Orleans Resort, August 1992: 5th Birthday at Carribean Beach Resort, December 1994: Offsite, August 2007:Pop Century, May 2009: Graduation Celebration at Pop Century, June 2009: Offsite, nieces' first trip (ages 2 and 5 months), April 2011: Offsite, Belle's first trip to Disney World (8 months), April 2012: VGC, First trip to Disney Land
Old 06-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

Hi! I am going to the Apple store right now to buy an external hard drive because I filled up my 250 GB hard drive on my Mac before vacation I will then be able to get my photos up and join in on the TR:-) I don't have to work tomorrow so the crazy photographer that I am will be editing photos alllll night and allll day

Me(25) DH(25) Itchy(10)Penny(2)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Old 06-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

i'm here i'm here i'm here!!!

I can't wait to read all about your Trip!

The cake looks soooo yummy!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
2SillyBirds
Just can't get enough of the Mouse

I'm on board.

That cake looks way yummy.

Can't wait to read more.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
dd50
DIS Veteran

I'm ready to hear more. The cake looks so good.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read more!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #12
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Mandy.. I'm here as always. I'm really excited to read about all about your TR!!
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhay View Post
I can't wait to hear more! I remember our first trip to Disney. They are always the best!!!! Keep the updates coming
It was amazing. And Eric can't wait to go back!! I have him hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMissy View Post
I want some of that cake now!! Glad to hear you guys enjoyed your first day!!
I wish I could have shared it!! It was amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzylolo View Post
Hi! I am going to the Apple store right now to buy an external hard drive because I filled up my 250 GB hard drive on my Mac before vacation I will then be able to get my photos up and join in on the TR:-) I don't have to work tomorrow so the crazy photographer that I am will be editing photos alllll night and allll day
Lol that doesn't suprise me!!! I will finish up the next few days so you can join in

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment fan21 View Post
i'm here i'm here i'm here!!!

I can't wait to read all about your Trip!

The cake looks soooo yummy!
Yay twinnie is here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SillyBirds View Post
I'm on board.

That cake looks way yummy.

Can't wait to read more.
Seriously, I can't say enough how great that cake was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
I'm ready to hear more. The cake looks so good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading!!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Day 2- AK with Diser's!!

Well we were exhausted but today was the day Eric was most excited about...Animal Kingdom!!! We got up plenty early and called Gmax on our way. While we were standing in line we spotted her, Kim and Candice.

Our first stop was going to be Everest...who knew how busy it was going to be!! We couldn't even get to the bridge before we were stopped by the massive crowds!!! And the line once we got to Everest was amazing!! Everyone hopped in line while I took everyone's tickets to get Fast Passes. BUT I was still in line to get FP when they showed up!! So I hopped in line and about 20 minutes later we were on!

Here is the group of us at Everest:

Everest ended up being Eric's favorite ride!!

After Everest we headed to the Safari, which had a posted wait time of 20 minutes...NOT!!! We waited over 50 to ride!! However it was totally worth it! Eric loved getting up so close to the Giraffes!

My fav...baby elephants!!

After the safari we hit up Dinosaur, Nemo, It's Tough to Be a Bug, more everest and of course....lunch!!!

Eric and I were going to do FOTLK but I ended up not feeling so well. I think I just got dehydrated and overheated. But it's a good thing we left because this is what we saw on our way to the parking lot!!

We ran to Walgreens before heading back to the hotel for drinks (both the regular and ADULT kind) We took some naps and cleaned up before heading to Kona for dinner.

I wish I had more pics but we had a really great time here. I have always enjoyed the Poly but Eric fell in love with it. We had some Pina Colava's before heading to Kona for dinner.

Let me just say I have been here before and LOVED it but this night was terribly dissapointing. The food was just OK and the service was AWFUL. The desserts were not as good as they looked!!

After dinner we headed over the MK. It was Eric's first time in almost 20 years!!!

[IMG]ttp://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9d836b3127ccec7364083401c00000040O08BbN27Ry5aA9 vPh4/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

We didn't do much. I think we went to Mickey's Philharmagic (one of 5 times that trip!!! lol). Then stayed for Wishes.

A little blurry...

So after Wishes we did some wandering and shopping to kill time. The massive amounts of people leaving was just too much!! We ended up in one of my favorite stores...the Confectionary. The smell in there is just heavenly and brings back such wonderful memories from working on Main St. We bought some candied apples and sat on Main St just taking it all in.

That is when I noticed not only the people leaving...but the people coming in!!! I totally forgot it was EMH!!! Lol we walked around and enjoyed the park a bit more before heading back to the hotel to crash.

It was a wonderful day and Eric was falling in love with Disney more and more each minute!!!

Next up...Eric's first attempt at changing the schedule!!!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #14
Jazzylolo
"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Next up...Eric's first attempt at changing the schedule!!!
Who would have thought he would be able to!!!

Me(25) DH(25) Itchy(10)Penny(2)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
dhay
Disney bride 12/5/08! Enjoying married life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Eric and I were going to do FOTLK but I ended up not feeling so well. I think I just got dehydrated and overheated. But it's a good thing we left because this is what we saw on our way to the parking lot!!

Northerners complain about their weather in the winter and us Floridians (I was born and rasied here) complain about our weather in the summer! You are braver than me to go to Disney in the summer!!!! Lovely afternoon thunderstorms and the terrible heat. I just posted on your FB that we are under a heat warning today. The heat index will be 105-110 and with the humidity it is so gross outside so I am about to go to the pool!

It looks like you guys had a great time. I got DH hooked too on Disney. Now he wants to go more than me lol. I can't wait to hear more. Keep the updates coming!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: