Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

The Mr. the Mrs. and the Dining Plan–Our June 09 Disneymoon -**Naples 4/3/2010**

Hello everyone! Welcome to my trip report, glad you are here, and I hope you will stay for the fun.

Well it finally happened, after our 2007 Magic Kingdom engagement, and after 2 long years of planning the wedding, DH and I were finally married on June 19, 2009 in our home state of Illinois.

The day was magical, a dream come true, and I definitely felt like a princess. Being the big Disney fanatics that we are, after 2 short days, we packed our car and took our first road trip as husband and wife to the happiest place on earth! (where else?)

The Essential Details:

The Cast:

Me – Julianne – 24 Years Old - The Mrs. in this trip report.

DH – Justin – 26 Years Old - The Mr. in this trip report

Here we are:

This was our first trip to Disney alone. The other three times we have gone together as a big group as his family has joined us—which is always fun, but we both agree it was nice to do this trip alone because I don’t think we will ever get to again (his family has already told us so).

This was the also the first time we ever stayed on property, and boy were we spoiled! We stayed 8 glorious nights at the Grand Floridian (June 23 to July 1).

As the title of this trip report reports, we were also on the Dining Plan (regular, not deluxe).

Usually, Justin really helps me plan out the trips, however, this year he handed the reigns over to me and told me to go nuts with the itinerary. (I honestly believe he is regretting this decision)

Disclaimer: We took over 1200 pictures on this trip, plus the ones from Disney Photopass, who we stalked by the way, so if you don’t like trip reports with lots and lots and lots of pictures, then this one is not for you.

I am currently working on organizing all the pictures on photobucket, so once that is all done, I will have the first chapter up! To hold you over, here are some pictures of us from our past Disney trips and one from our wedding for good measure.

Our first Disney trip together in 2004

Our second Disney trip in 2005

Our third Disney trip in 2007 (this was taken right after DH propsed!)

We did a "rock the reception" type dance for our introduction to Aerosmith's "Walk this Way"-and this is an action shot of that dance.

Hopefully that will hold you over! Now time to organize pictures so I can get this trip report started! Thank you for reading!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement

Last edited by Cinderella16; 04-03-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to your pics and report. Congrats of your marriage. My DH and I are heading into #15 in November-2 DS's and our 13 WDW trip next month.
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
tlhbdm
1354.40 miles away from the mouse

Congrats! Can't wait to read your TR.
1992-Carribean Beach, 1993-POFQ, 1996-POFQ, 2001-POFQ, 2002-POR , 2005-Cornado Springs , 2006-Pop Century , May 2007-Pop Century, , December 2007-Contemporary, 2009-SSR, 2010-WLV, 2011-WLV , 2013-POR & Off-site, 2014-WL

Me(25) DH(26)
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I am in. I wondered how everything went and am excited to hear all about it.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more!!!

BTW... I love the "rock the reception" dance!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
TinkLovinMomma
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on the wedding! I love the pics so far and cant wait to hear all about your trip!! Im in!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm here! Glad to see you started your TR.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

Old 07-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Subbing...

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
Old 07-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Joining! I have been waiting for this TR since I read your engagement one.

LOVE the wedding picture, by the way!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 07-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt&jakesmom View Post
Looking forward to your pics and report. Congrats of your marriage. My DH and I are heading into #15 in November-2 DS's and our 13 WDW trip next month.
Yay my first reader! Wow 13 trips! I envy you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhbdm View Post
Congrats! Can't wait to read your TR.
Thanks &
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I am in. I wondered how everything went and am excited to hear all about it.
Glad you are here for this one too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
Can't wait to read more!!!

BTW... I love the "rock the reception" dance!!!
Thanks & DH and I cannot wait to see the dance on video!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLovinMomma View Post
Congratulations on the wedding! I love the pics so far and cant wait to hear all about your trip!! Im in!
Thanks so much! Glad you are here!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm here! Glad to see you started your TR.
Thanks for joining in. You will have to look and see if you see yourself in any of my pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Subbing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Joining! I have been waiting for this TR since I read your engagement one.

LOVE the wedding picture, by the way!!
Another returning reader! Yippie! Thanks for reading!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Old 07-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

June 21 & June 22, 2009 – Departure Day

Late June 21 & June 22, 2009 – Departure Day

I always love leaving for a Disney trip! The feeling is like unlike anything else and I love knowing I have a whole vacation ahead of me. This year was no exception, and since we didn't go in 2008 and all the stress from the wedding we know we deserved this one. We were still on cloud nine from the wedding day that I think we were even more excited for this trip than any others!

Just to recap...June 19th was our wedding day—therefore June 20 & 21 was filled with last minute packing, which I hate! In addition we had to make our rounds and say goodbye to family, drop off plants to be watered at my parents’, along with keys to our house. DH also lost his camera on the wedding day, thank goodness he didn’t use it to take any pictures, so we also made a trip to Best Buy to buy a new camera because there was no way we were going to WDW without one!

After we got our camera, we loaded our car. Now this I wish we took a picture of. Somehow, two people managed to fill an entire SUV with suitcases, backpacks, food, coolers, pillows, blankets (that AC can get cold), you name it, we probably had it. Our car was all packed and now it was time to go to DH’s mom’s house and say goodbye to his family since it was on the way to the highway.

We arrived at their house at around 10:00 pm and boy were they jealous of where we were going. They are huge Disney fans and really wanted to come along, but being that it was our honeymoon, they restrained themselves.

Justin’s sister’s boyfriend is a huge Disney fanatic so while DH tried to take a nap upstairs before the long drive, I was talking with him about our ADR’s , and all this other behind the scenes stuff! It was making me even more excited about leaving!!! At around midnight, DH comes back down and tells us he couldn’t sleep, so we decided to just leave. We said our goodbyes, hopped in the car, and headed to Disney!

I was a little nervous because DH didn’t sleep and we were still so tired from all the wedding fun. It was my job to keep him awake, so I talked all about Disney, our itinerary, and the fun things his sister’s boyfriend told me! We talked about how much fun we had at the wedding and how we couldn't believe we were finally on our honeymoon!

We reached Indiana, and I could tell he was getting mighty drowsy, so we decided to break at a rest area and try and take a nap. It worked out well since it started raining pretty hard. We were able to sleep for about an hour and a half, which was just what we needed. At around 3:30 we were back on the road, feeling much more refreshed.

Indiana is a pretty boring state to drive through, especially in the dark. Kentucky came next and this is where we stopped for breakfast, I think we had McDonalds. We stopped for gas too and I found this little guy sitting on a garbage can near the pump.

Now that it was daylight we could actually read the Disney Trivia book I bought. The book, which I can’t remember the name of and can’t find at the moment, is in a multiple choice format so they were fun to read aloud to DH while he drove. This really made the time fly by and it got us more pumped for WDW.

After Kentucky comes Tennessee, which is the prettiest state to drive through in my opinion!

My chauffer...

The road trip gave me a chance to play with our new camera and all the different settings. I think those were all taken in the Sports mode since we were moving at like 80 mph! Not bad at all!

After Tennessee and a couple more stops for gas and lunch we were in Georgia. The biggest, most grueling state to drive through, so instead of sulk because we were still so far from our destination, we did more Disney trivia!

I highly recommend that book, when I find it I will be sure to give you the name. It is such a fun thing to do on the way to a WDW trip!

We decided to stop this year for the night. This year we stopped in Valdosta, Georgia which is right near the Florida border. We stopped at a new Country Inn & Suites which served breakfast in the morning. We unloaded our overnight bag and went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. It was very yummy, especially after eating all the fast food on the way down!

I just love people from the south, they are so much friendlier than people up here! Our server was so nice, asking us where we were from, where we going, etc. I don't know, people just seem so much happier, it must be because of their close proximity to the Happiest Place on Earth!

After dinner we went back to our hotel, put on our bathing suits, and went for a dip in the pool and hot tub before calling it night. It was our first time swimming in about a year! After swimming we took showers to get the icky "car" smell off of us, and went straight to sleep, it had been one long day on the road! I remember thinking that Disney was so close, and I couldn’t wait to get there!

UP NEXT: Welcome to Florida & we find a secret passage to the Magic Kingdom!
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports

Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hi Julianne! I remember reading your 2007 engagement TR way back when so I am super excited to read about your Disneymoon. Congrats!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #14
Vallie
DIS Veteran

hellllo! im just jumping in!!!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Old 07-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #15
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark