Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here! I still have to read, but wanted to pipe in quick before I'm off to work.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay-was finally able to read! So many changes to your trip already, and I can understand not knowing the situation with your DH would be nerve racking! Ugh. He won't find out for sure until right before the trip???

Your dining plans look really good! That is a lot of food! How many days are you staying again??

I can't wait to read about all of it - we've always wanted to stay at the CR as well...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #18
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Tracy,

all of those restaurants look good-I've selected some of them for our upcoming trip...

Boma Breakfast
Jiko Dinner
Sci Fi Lunch
Chefs de France dinner

(so I obviously think these are all good choices...give Sci Fi a try for lunch-it gets a lot of mixed reviews but I think its great fun especially at lunch-I usually stick with the burgers and shakes but I love the atmosphere and the sci fi movie clicks are a hoot...)

We ate at Coral Reef for lunch 2 years ago and liked it very much...

WE have had BREAKFAST not Dinner at both 1900 and CRT and enjoyed them for the experiences -the food is good-not great but the whole thing is fun_I think the characters at 1900 are really interesting because you don't see them everywhere-1900 Dinner has Cindy and her Prince and the Stepsisters & their mother-I think that would be very fun...

I used to love LTT when they had the characters but the stopped them and I don't know if they've brought them back...

The Brown Derby was very good when I began my dinner but sadly DD became ill and I left with her... (I'd like to go there with her for her 16th B-day)

I have not tried the others but have read raves about Citricos and Yachtsman...

Good luck getting what you want and I'll be curious to see what you think of them...
We've only had dinner at CRT, and have enjoyed it every time. I really think that one is more about the atmosphere than the food

What I was looking to most at Citricos is gone according to the latest menu I still wasn't feeling well when we ate there last trip, but the ribeye I had a bit of was super yummy. Seems like it's gone now.

I was actually shocked we got everything we wanted pretty close to the times we wanted. I even called at 88 days and still got Chef Mickey's for dinner with my choice of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Okay-was finally able to read! So many changes to your trip already, and I can understand not knowing the situation with your DH would be nerve racking! Ugh. He won't find out for sure until right before the trip???

Your dining plans look really good! That is a lot of food! How many days are you staying again??

I can't wait to read about all of it - we've always wanted to stay at the CR as well...
The plan at this moment is 12 days. OR
7 days if DH can't go and I go with my friends (which means no CR and AKL Savannah View), OR

10 Days - DH joins at the beginning or the end depending on the situation OR

11 days if he can go and we drive instead of fly.

So I guess I'm not sure how many days we are going for I should HOPEFULLY know by the time you get back from your trip
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #19
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh man! To have that many possible factors would be driving me NUTTY!

Well, for obvious reasons, I hope it is the LONGEST trip. Or, wait, in your case - the 11 day, so you don't have to fly!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #20
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Oh man! To have that many possible factors would be driving me NUTTY!

Well, for obvious reasons, I hope it is the LONGEST trip. Or, wait, in your case - the 11 day, so you don't have to fly!
It is making me nutty!!! (Sorry - just saw your reply now!)
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #21
TyRy
It is making me nutty

29 days

Yay - finally in the twenties. But of course since I am such a planner, I'm not even that excited yet about this trip. For the reason that Brookelizabeth mentioned above. We still have nooooooooooo idea when we are leaving, how we are getting there, or how long we are staying!

I saw Red last week. Unfortunately it was to attend the wake and funeral of a dear friend of ours who had been battling Leukemia for about a year. We both decided this has been enough and we want the year over! But I think it's really put the trip into some perspective. It'll be a time to relax and have a great time with really close friends and celebrate what we have. That is, as long as my stupid plane makes it there!

I did actually do one thing for the trip...ordered a MyPoints Landry's gift card to use at TRex cafe. Of course, it does say to could take up to six weeks to get...oopsie! And if DH doesn't go, I'll probably skip that or just be getting there that day.

I'm also starting the folder (binder has already changed sizes twice ) to keep our tickets, TIW cards and any other gift card in. I also asked DH to look over the restaurants (again!) but he is too busy at the moment. I'm betting about September 1st he'll look at it and want to change everything

My last thought is a prediction - Here's the date I think the trip will be set.... I'm going to pick September 7th cause that is the date we'd have to drop our puppy off at my sister's house if we are driving. I just have the feeling that I will be seeing the peeps at Southwest airlines soon

Last edited by TyRy; 08-28-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #22
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Did you ever see the film French Kiss w/ Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline-? There are some funny scenes (even if you don't like flying-I promise...) where she does this program to get over her fear of flying-the program doesn't work-but she does get her her flying fear by the end-this being a romantic comedy...

I would imagine you would be more excited once you nail things down...
Just Do It (like Nike)...

You've had a heck of a year (I'm so sorry about your friend...) you really need some R & R...so nail down those plans girl!

(I started reading about those binders-I need to finish-but WOW-its time to give those binders a work out...
Old 08-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #23
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Did you ever see the film French Kiss w/ Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline-? There are some funny scenes (even if you don't like flying-I promise...) where she does this program to get over her fear of flying-the program doesn't work-but she does get her her flying fear by the end-this being a romantic comedy...
I haven't seen that - but Disney does seem to make me get on a plane! Although...I did see the first season of Lost recently...I told DH those were the most realistic plane crash scenes I'd ever seen and that I was not flying anywhere anytime soon!

Quote:
I would imagine you would be more excited once you nail things down...
Just Do It (like Nike)...
I absolutely agree...although I have to admit to being a tad worried that DH will feel sad a lot when we are there.

Quote:
You've had a heck of a year (I'm so sorry about your friend...) you really need some R & R...so nail down those plans girl!
Thank you That's what our SVP's assistant said when I emailed her for time off...that I really needed to take some where it wasn't for something sad. I told her I would in about a month!

Quote:
(I started reading about those binders-I need to finish-but WOW-its time to give those binders a work out...
DH was very proud about his pics and story about the binders. I keep informing him he needs to update with last year and this year, which are much more like the earlier ones.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #24
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

You have had quite the year... you deserve this trip of relaxation and enjoyment!

I ordered a Landry's giftcard from MyPoints as well-it came in less than 2 weeks, so you should be safe.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #25
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
You have had quite the year... you deserve this trip of relaxation and enjoyment!
Thanks Brook - I hope we can relax...DH will say he never gets to relax on our Disney vacations but I actually have a few pool days built in just so I can say, do nothing today! I'm also hoping it's not to sad for him, although I expect it will be at times, possibly for both of us, knowing we'll never get to have another trip with both his parents.

Quote:
I ordered a Landry's giftcard from MyPoints as well-it came in less than 2 weeks, so you should be safe.
Good to know!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #26
TyRy
It is making me nutty

16 DAYS!

Yep -I missed the teen dance starting...seems to be a theme with this trip...hope I don't miss our check-in now!

And yes - things are still up in the air as to how we are getting to Disney Although for the past two days we have had our Freaky Friday moments as DH now keeps saying that he really wants to drive this trip I'm just not thrilled with the possibility that I would have to drive back all by myself.

We haven't even begun packing, although I have started a folder with gift cards and tickets that we'll need. I'm guessing over Labor Day weekend we'll start. DH will probably start the night before we leave...but since we don't yet know which day we are leaving, he may be start a day earlier than usual.

I did recieve the Mypoints.com gift card and even ordered a second one today...we'll see if that gets here. Now just waiting on a couple more things. I've also spoken with both Red and Evil Twin and they are super excited...hoping it's a great trip for all of us!!

Last edited by TyRy; 08-28-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:22 AM   #27
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Glad you got your giftcards in time!

Goodness, time is FLYING, isn't it?! Your trip is just around the corner now. Joe says the same thing about not being able to relax on vacation. But then yesterday when I proposed that if my foot was still all messed up, we'd just chill by the pool a lot and he looked at me like I had 2 heads and quickly said "We'll rent a scooter." I told him it was fine, we'll just do the pool a lot (thinking this is what HE likes), and he shakes his head. "No, we'll rent a scooter."

I think he just likes to confuse me!

However, he is also a "night before" packer....

I hope the trip isn't too sad-but instead that kind of warm sad, knowing you in are a place you shared wonderful times with, and filled with fond memories.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:51 AM   #28
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

16 days is so soon!! I can understand that you feel strange that things still are so undecided for your trip. But I am sure it everything will work out fine!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #29
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Glad you got your giftcards in time!

Goodness, time is FLYING, isn't it?! Your trip is just around the corner now. Joe says the same thing about not being able to relax on vacation. But then yesterday when I proposed that if my foot was still all messed up, we'd just chill by the pool a lot and he looked at me like I had 2 heads and quickly said "We'll rent a scooter." I told him it was fine, we'll just do the pool a lot (thinking this is what HE likes), and he shakes his head. "No, we'll rent a scooter."

I think he just likes to confuse me!

However, he is also a "night before" packer....
I think you DH and my DH are long lost relatives!

Quote:
I hope the trip isn't too sad-but instead that kind of warm sad, knowing you in are a place you shared wonderful times with, and filled with fond memories.
Thank you...that's what I'm hoping too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
16 days is so soon!! I can understand that you feel strange that things still are so undecided for your trip. But I am sure it everything will work out fine!!
That's what I'm hoping as well!!

Now I need all my Dis buddies opinions....I just saw they extended the Wishes Dessert Party...YAY! BUT, the first night I wanted it when everyone arrived on the 12th I couldn't get it. I was able to get it for the 14th, BUT we will be at Park Faire before that and having birthday cake. I'm thinking it may all be too much. While it might be nice to have the "reserved" spot for Wishes and Spectro, I'm now double thinking my choice.

We are all adults and can stand, not like we need a curb seat. And I think we may be really full. Anyone have any thoughts.....

Last edited by TyRy; 08-28-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #30
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Ahh-the wealth of choices...(hmm btw-just how are the travel plans going...)

I think the fact that you were able to get the Wishes Desert Party is awesome...

The thing is there is no bad choice in any of this-it's just about choosing what you are ultimately going to enjoy the most...

I agree that the Park Faire Dinner and cake and the desert party is probably going to be way more food than you'll be comfortable with...

so what's more important to you

-to have the cake at Park Faire (you can probably cancel it and have it another night if you really want)-although GF's bakery has the best in house bakery if you're ordering something specific...

or

-to have the reserved seating for Wishes and the Parade and the dessert party?

(Personally I can get wiggy in a Parade Crowd so the concept of having a reserved seat and coffee and sweets while watching is appealing but if you don't mind the curb seating than the cake at Park Faire might be more special to you...)

Darn I just realized I've probably confused things...You just have too much of a good thing to choose from...Just think about what's the most important to you...)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: