Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #151
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

A World Tour in Six Hours - Part 2

We then wanted to try and work our way around all the countries to see as much as we could before dinner at Norway.
Of course, on the way to Germany Evil Twin and I decided to put on a show for people
Click Picture to Play

We then finally made it to Germany and we weren’t sure where to start! But then, some in our group found beers and I found the yummiest, most frostingest cupcake ever!!

OMG – it was soooooooo good and sugary!! I ended up throwing part of it out which shocked DH as I am never one to turn down frosting!

The twins and the all the girls in Germany

In Italy we went basically walked around the plaza, although Evil Twin almost bought a soccer jersey she saw in one of their stores. Our Italian picture -

At American Adventure we saw the show, which I did nor remember seeing before, but DH said we did. And for some reason, we have no pictures of us in America!?!

Japan was explored next, and we had a great time…Epcot was so empty that we could really take our time. The ladies in Japan:

When we hit Morocco it started to rain harder, so we were in and out of the stores trying to stay dry. We even lost DH for a bit, we just went one way and he went a different one. No matter, we had our fun without him

Not sure what it was with us and trying hats on that day!

We found where Jasmine and Aladdin do meet and greets and since they were not there, we decided to have our own fun…

After hiding out in the Tangerine Café for a bit while it was raining, we realized we had better start heading back to Norway for our dinner reservation. Thankfully, the rain had let up again.

Continued in next post....
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #152
TyRy
It is making me nutty

A World Tour in Six Hours - Part 3 - Dinner with Princesses

We checked in with a lot of other people and got our buzzer. I said we should probably stick close as I had no idea how they would pronounce my last name. But Evil Twin and I had to make a pit stop, so we left Red and DH. Of course, DH was waiting just outside a doorway with air conditioning coming out and Red was in the heat. DH took advantage of this of course

Click Picture to Play

We took our pictures with Belle

and then sat down to dinner. I was looking forward to the meal that I could only kind of eat last year thanks to my throat. Unfortunately, they had changed the menu and my pork shank no longer existed As you may remember, I am really picky, so I was not happy about this. Here’s the menu from Sept:

Mats was our server and he was just ok. Maybe it was because we had already had some great servers, but he was just ehhhh.

My first plate:

DH’s first plate:

Red asked all of us to get Tink straws so we did! We even convinced DH to wear one

The Princesses all came around and we they were a lot of fun:

Dinner arrived, I had the Grilled Pork Chop

And the rest of the gang had Traditional Kjottkake which is Ground Beef and Pork Dumplings served with Mashed Potatoes, seasonal Vegetables, and Lingonberry Sauce (in case you couldn't read the menu!)

The dessert plate which we all shared:

Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #153
TyRy
It is making me nutty

A World Tour in Six Hours - Part 4 - End of the Tour

After dinner we continued our quest to visit each country. We headed back towards France since that was where we left off.

We hit each of the shops and WOW – I’d never been in the perfume shop before…it was a bit overwhelming. DH left right away and we were pretty quick behind him. It certainly didn’t smell badly, just really overwhelming!

I think we also found this guy in France and had a bit of fun!

And since we had tried to stick everything possible on our heads that day, the trend continued

I also managed to show them Belle’s library, but our brains must have all been on not working mode as we didn’t take any more pictures until after Illuminations!

We did manage to hit England and explored that thoroughly. I really liked the shop where you could get the name Crests – might have to do that this upcoming trip. Saw Mary Poppins and Alice, but the lines were too long and we were starting to get short on time.

The decision was made to skip our neighbor to the north and come back later in the week to explore that when we had our LeCellier reservation. Off we went to find a spot for Illuminations. Luckily, nothing was happening in the area in front of Italy, so with about 20 minutes to go, we were able to get front row spots there.

The ladies loved the show and too soon our first full day together was over. We did have one more surprise though, as we were walking through the stores in Future World on a quest for Wall-E’s, the CM’s noticed my birthday button and I was serenaded with “Happy Birthday”.

And to wrap up the trend of hat day, the CM’s had one more for me to put on while they sang to me –

Of course, this would have been great on video, but DH was nowhere to be found! Thankfully Evil Twin had her camera to at least get a couple of shots!

One more picture to end our day at Epcot

It was then back to AKV as we had a long day, and had another full one tomorrow. It was a lot of fun, and having two of my best friends with me just made it that more special. DH put together a nice wrap-up of our Epcot day together!

Click Picture to Play

Old 03-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #154
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

What a great Epcot WS day! In all our many trips I've never seen that exhibit in China, will have to seek that out next time.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #155
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

What a fantastic day, you all look as though you had so much fun
Old 04-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #156
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
What a great Epcot WS day! In all our many trips I've never seen that exhibit in China, will have to seek that out next time.
It was very cool and I'm so glad we checked it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
What a fantastic day, you all look as though you had so much fun
We had a blast in Epcot...we truly we adults acting like kids that day...and it was soooooo much fun.

I hope everyone has been well and had a good Easter or Passover.

Life got a bit rough again, as I had a very close friend pass away the week before Easter week. She had been sick with a couple of differnt cancers, but in the month before she died, really took a turn for the worse. I was mopey for a lot of that time, and was grateful I saw her the night before she passed. She recognized my other friend and me and gave us a weak smile, then was out of it again. I'm was really hoping this year would be better, but it's not going that way!! We had always talked about going to Disney together as she LOVED it, but we never had the chance and I'll always be sad about that.

She used to dress for Halloween as many of the characters and I have her Curella DeVille cost hanging on the back of my office door...she gave it to me when she was laid off from our company a couple of years ago. All I can think of is I (hopefully!) now have yet another person watching over me, but it would be much more fun if she was here!

Thanks for letting me vent, and now she'd kick my butt if I didn't get back to happy land. So here comes and update...it's all written, but I may post it in a few different parts today!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #157
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Surprise Day, Part 1

Today was going to be a full and fun day…and we had a little surprise planned for the girls, which I hoped would turn out nice!

We wanted to be at DHS EARLY…you can guess with DH – we weren’t LOL. We were not too bad though (think it had more to do with Evil Twin and Red being up and ready) as we made it to the park by 9:15. We wanted to get right to TSM, BUT, we saw the Photopass people and had to continue to document this very special trip:

Had a fun FP guy who noticed it was DH and three ladies, so he played up on that:

We then headed to TSM, but found another PP guy. DH said just the girls should be in it…little did we know he was sneaking around and being a goof

Finally made it to TSM and grabbed FP’s for later. Also noticed that is was only a 15 minute wait….this should have told us something about the week coming up….such as NO ONE was in the parks!

All I can say is we LOVED TSM! Loved the que –

And the ride. After DH bought me Wii for Christmas I had to go out and buy the TSM game…love playing it.

Evil Twin wanted to head for the Studio Backlot Tour. We tried to talk her out of it and explained it was just a shell of its former self, but she still wanted to see it. Remember I mentioned the park being empty…here’s what we encountered for the tour:

So we went and the highlight was Red pointing out the house she thought I needed to have a picture with. Unfortunately I hadn’t see the Hannah Montana movie yet (yes, I’ll admit, I’m a big fan of the show!) so I didn’t know what it was till she told me. Then I HAD to take the photo LOLOL.

A couple of must have photos on the tour:

Evil Twin practicing her Oscar speech for when we get it for our first movie we’ve written:

ooooo - look - it's the White Witch (had to remind DH is was part of Narnia!)

And playing with Pirates (although you can barely tell!)

Evil Twin and I are both BIG Star Wars fans, so here we are trying to use the Force to make DH get up early from now on

And here we are transformed…wish they had a photo like this for the original three!
ARGH – just realized I don’t have it here…gotta scan it later!

I must vent here just for a minute…they have not changed out the pictures (it seemed to me) in this store in FOREVER. DH and I usually take one together, but this time, we realized in just a few trips, we’d done all the “couple” ones we would like. There was one of Princess Leia and Luke, but the ladies decided there was something wrong with that with DH and me.

Last edited by TyRy; 04-09-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #158
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Surprise Day, Part 2

I think we decided to grab lunch next, and headed towards the ABC Commissary. All I have to say about this is..WORST meal of the trip. We all have the cheeseburgers and fries and all had about half eaten.

It was so bad; I think we’ve permanently written it off. The pop and bottled water was good though

We headed to Prince Caspian next…the three of us loved the Narnia books…DH had no idea what it was about.

We then headed over Sunset Blvd to ride R&R and TT – we grabbed a FP for R&R, and then headed to TT. I was hoping since DH had friends with him, I would not have to ride. Nope – my dearest friends in the world turned on me and made me go with them. Red let me hold her hand though

We then headed to R&R which had just a small line and the FP’s we grabbed we for only about 20 minutes from when we grabbed them. We were a few minutes early for our return time, but we had a great CM who said maybe if we walked really slow we’d get to the next point just when our FP’s were avtive. Since no one else was in the que with us, we had a bit of fun trying to walk/run/talk going backwards:

We probably still had a couple of minutes to go, but the next CM let us by since it was pretty empty and no one was coming after us.

With those out of the way, we started to trek back to LMA, as we wanted to make sure the ladies saw that. But wait, what’s that, a candy store that has Malificent in the window, who Evil Twin and I LOVE. So we stopped in for a couple of pictures:

The CM’s working noticed my birthday button, wished me a Happy Birthday and gave me a treat!

We then started to head over to LMA, but DH wanted to get a picture just like he did last year a couple of years ago in front of the streetscape…it wasn’t exact, but close:
New :

Old:

We made it to LMA with just a couple of minutes to spare, and I think everyone in the park was there.

It was almost time for the parade and DH LOVED this parade last year. I didn’t see it as that was the day I stayed “home” sick. DH raved about this and DH does not like parades. On our way, we passed a giant bottle of Coke. Evil Twin is a Pepsi only girl and hates Coke. We tried to make her pose with the bottle so I could send it to her parents, but she refused. So we took this instead
Old 04-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #159
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Surprise Day Part 3

We then made it back to near the entrance, grabbed seats on the curb about 20 minutes before the parade started, and it chooses now to start drizzling on us. No biggie we won’t melt. BUT it made the parade start late, and I’m guessing since the ground was wet, they couldn’t do any of the jumpy fun things that DH had gone on about. It was still cute, but we’ll have to try and see it again.

We need to head out after the parade as we had early reservations at 1900 Park Faire, so we could then go to the MK for Spectro and Wishes.

We got to the GF right on time, valeted the car (gotta love the TIW card) and went in. Even though we had an early ADR I still feared the wait time. Luckily, we got our pager, had our photo taken (which was nothing special, so we didn’t buy it…I know, shocking!) and were seated about ten minutes later. This was the first time there for all of us, and we were not sure what to expect.

The character interaction was fantastic and we were table full of adults. Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters spent quite a bit of time with us. When Evil Twin asked Drizella where Lady Tremaine was, Drizella threw a temper tantrum about how no one ever comes to see her. We had to calm her down, and it was great fun. DH was our photographer and didn’t want to be in any of the photos:

The Prince and Cindy spent the least amount of time with us. You may have noticed Red did not have a picture with the Prince, that’s because he looked very much like her little brother….back to the whole Luke and Leia thing.

We were so busy eating, and I was so busy worrying about my surprise that we forgot to take pictures of the food! It was ok, not spectacular, but we would do this again. We did get dessert pics:
First DH’s – which looked kinda gross!

Then somebody’s…

DH and I were trying to get the girls not to eat dessert, but our timing was off. The surprise was we...ok...I had ordered a custom birthday cake for dessert. When I asked our server about it, he said all the cakes were brought out at the same time during the “celebration” song. Well if that song didn’t hurry up, we were really going to have to stall.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #160
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Surprise Day - Part 4 - It's Here!

The celebration song finally started and here’s what came out:

I LOVED it…and took a million pictures of it, as there was so much to it. Here we go:

And finally the inside:

Everyone raved about how it looked, although it was a bit dry, but no one cared as it looked so good! We then treated the girls to dinner as well, as a thank you for being a part of my birthday. We finished up, got a box for the cake, and DH headed back to AKV to drop it off while we headed for the MK.

We found the PP people right away:

By the time we finished all our photos and browsing in the shops, DH was not that far behind us. I think we had already lost the car once so DH was smart and took a picture this time:

He also took a picture of the emptiness we kept running into.

He caught up to us and we then headed to stake our spot out for Spectro. We had great spots for the parade and everyone around us was in good moods, and very polite…UNTIL we had a new RUDE family barge their way in.

We were standing by the stockades. We were literally pushed out of the way as this family tried to take a space that was big enough for my little puppy perhaps. They were shoving, so that we accidentally knocked into others, who then realized this was the fault of the rude family! That started to tick us off, so we stood our ground even more. It was just annoying!
Didn’t really get any good pictures of Spectro

We then headed to watch Wishes. The Plaza was actually full and Evil Twin thought it would be a good spot to watch on the bridge from Liberty Square just as you got the spoke in the center. It was a good idea until the fireworks went off and we realized we had the trees in our way…oops. We still got to see most of it, so it worked out.

Our fun night was over, so it was back to the boat. But of course, we needed a few photos:

While we waited from the masses Red received a text from her DH…it was letting us know Patrick Swayze had died. The three ladies were all very sad. However, we tried not to let it really damper our mood, as the day had been really good and we all knew that was coming.

I think I was sadder as Red was leaving tomorrow afternoon, but at least we were coming back to the MK first thing in the morning. Now if we could only ride a bunch while she was with us…..
Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #161
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wow, wow, wow your cake is amazing. I had so much other stuff to say but your cake made me forget it all it really was gorgeous

I'm so sorry about your friend
Old 04-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #162
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Wow, wow, wow your cake is amazing. I had so much other stuff to say but your cake made me forget it all it really was gorgeous
I think we must have known it was going to be the star deep down since we forgot to take pictures of everything else at dinner...or we may have been nervous it would be bad!

Quote:
I'm so sorry about your friend
Thanks Jo - it's still really hard to believe I'm not going to get an email or call from her, but it will get better.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #163
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

First, condolences on the loss of your friend.

Second, OMG that cake was AMAZING!!! I would have had a hard time cutting that up!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #164
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
First, condolences on the loss of your friend.
Thank you - we're all still having a bit of a rough time not being able to pick up the phone and give her a call and tell her about whatever crazy thing is happening. We know it will get better.

Quote:
Second, OMG that cake was AMAZING!!! I would have had a hard time cutting that up!
The cake was beyond my expectations. I was a tad worried that I had given them too much freedom and it might not look great, but they hit this one out of the park.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #165
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Hello CP and the little balls of love!

Before I jump back in, I just wanted to say, thanks so much for reading and for sticking with me. This TR will get done (and sooner rather than later!!!)

Today was both a happy and sad day…happy as it was our Magic Kingdom day, but also sad as one of the ladies would be departing that afternoon.
We started our day early (and even DH was up) for an 8:15 reservation at CP. I love being some of the only people on Main Street:

And they even had PP peeps out there, so we had to stop!

We checked in and had just a short wait before being seated. The table was all decorated for my birthday:

For some reason we took almost no pictures of the food!! What I do remember is Evil Twin found the French toast sticks/loaf towards the end of breakfast and fell in love with it….as we all did and continued to go and get more.

We also ate what became known as the little balls of love….no idea who makes these and that is probably a good thing as these were the BEST doughnut holes we ever had!!

They also brought us a birthday cupcake which was yummy as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: