Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #16
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Those are so cute! Nice job!!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

Plans

welcome and congrats! love your plans so far looking forward to hearing more! The cards are very cute! you did a great job.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #18
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
OMG, those are so cute! You did an awesome job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
Those are awesome! Great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Those are so cute! Nice job!!
Thanks guys! I was originally going to use stickers but couldn't find any I liked, then I saw the stamps. They were pretty easy to make, just time consuming, and I lost motivation for a while, so they were half made for like a week. Plus my cat was very interested in the stamps, so it was hard to sit down and finish them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
welcome and congrats! love your plans so far looking forward to hearing more! The cards are very cute! you did a great job.
Thanks so much! It's all coming together slowly but surely. I'm very happy with how the cards came out too.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #19
GoonieBride
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
Thanks! Yeah DF did a good job! Cool, was it crazy hot when you were there too? Oh man, it sure is an adventure, this wedding planning stuff is stressful!
It was crazy hot! they had Heat Warnings!!
but im having fun with the wedding planning! im soooo excited! but i love your "will you" cards. i made mine too. it was lots of fun, but very time consuming!
Off site, Very Merry Dec 2011
Off site, May 2012
Off site, Sept 2012
POP, Jan 2013
GoonieBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Some updates

So since I last posted, let's see....

I think I figured out our reception dilemma. See, DF wants a nighttime reception like everyone has back at home. So that meant either a 2:30, 5:00 or 7:30 reception. We also wanted to have a dessert party, but it's surprisingly hard to fit it in!

After many questions to my WC and so many options I think I lost my mind a little, we decided to stick with a 5:00 pm ceremony and extend our reception by an hour. So here's the Wedding Day plan:

5-6 - ceremony / pics / etc at Wedding Pavilion
6-7 - cocktail hour
7-9:30 - dinner / dances / cake
9:30 - 10:30 - Wishes DP at Sago Cay
10:30 - 12 am - back to ballroom for dancing

We do lose an hour with the DJ, but we're considering maybe doing an ipod setup, Ryan has a few friends that love to play DJ. I just don't know if that might be imposing on them, and I'm sure they will bring a date, so that probably wouldn't be much fun for the date.

We figured with the 2:30 ceremony, even though we are using all the reception hours, it might be way too long and then we have to extend photography and bar service, so it will end up costing us way more anyway.

I also told my WC that I prefer the St. Augustine Room (we'd have AB or CD) to the GF Ballroom, since we'd only get the three narrow rooms at the end, and I like how St. Augustine seems more spacious looking because it's wider.

I really am a little sad about not being able to have the reception in Whitehall, I think that room is so pretty and love all the windows. DF says, why do you need windows, it's night time, but I still want them. We hope to have the pre-reception there, so that's at least something. I also really like the look of the BW and YC ballrooms better, but it just doesn't really fit with our plans and timing. I'm the ones at the GF will be fine, and we really love the resort and how all the wedding activities will be in kinda the same place. Why didn't we tour locations on our trip?! I regret not doing that now.

But Ryan said we could go for a Planning Session! So I'm very excited about that because it seems like so much fun!

We booked the Roots, I sent the check today, so it's official.

Found some Save the Dates I liked, they are magnets and you can customize the colors, now to pick out a picture from the 372 that the Roots took.

I've stared to do a newsletter, some wonderful disbrides were kind enough to give me their templates but I'm being so lazy lately! I figure I have about a month since we'll send them out with the Save the Dates, but I won't order those until we officially get our ceremony date and time from Disney. Here's hoping we get what we want, I'm trying not to stress about that part!

I have two BM's so far and I'm pretty sure a ringbearer and flower girl! I send out the rest of the cards tomorrow, but I gave my sisters theirs. My Aunt also said that they wouldn't miss the wedding for anything and it's her kids that I want to be the RB and FG so it's looking good.

I'm also glad to say that our families have been great about our decision to have the wedding at Disney! I was a little nervous at what the reactions would be but everyone is really excited! Only problem is the guest list is kind of spiraling out of control, and it seems like we'll have closer to 85 than 75! And there are still a few other "under considerations". Seems I may not be able to get those confetti cannons or lit-up ficus trees after all. I guess if most people do decide to come I have to look on the bright-side that there are so many people that want to come to our wedding...but then...is it me they want to see....or a certain Mouse!

Plan to go dress shopping this weekend (and dragging my sis along, I have to watch her while my parents and other siblings go on vacation, she didn't want to go, so she has no choice! mwah ha ha!). So hopefully I will know if I like the Maggie Sottero Yara dress and if I like the BM's dresses in person.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonieBride View Post
It was crazy hot! they had Heat Warnings!!
but im having fun with the wedding planning! im soooo excited! but i love your "will you" cards. i made mine too. it was lots of fun, but very time consuming!
lol, yeah my mom keeps saying, it's so hot in August, and I said, well it was pretty hot this June, after a certain point, those few degrees don't make much of a difference. Maybe instead of bouquets we can all carry mister fans! That'll be way cheaper than floral! She wanted Thanksgiving weekend...but I think it's so she gets out of hosting Thanksgiving!

Yeah, overall it is fun, we had some trouble figuring out the reception timing, but at least that's settled now. I'm sure something else will come up, but I'm really glad we're having it at Disney because they do make is so much easier on you!

I usually like craft projects when they're over! I do really enjoy it but sometimes I just get lazy and don't feel like doing it. In the end I'm usually really pleased with how they turned out. The cards actually weren't too bad though and I liked them better than anything I found to buy online.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you are really getting a lot done. That's great that you got the Roots, your engagement photos were gorgeous.

I do have to say make sure you check out that Alfred Angelo BM dress you like. I saw it when I was picking up my wedding dress and I would have been disappointed if I had ended up with it. The organza overlay did not lay right and the flower just looked cheap. I was surprised because it looks adorable in the photo.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #23
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Congrats on booking Roots! All the girls on the boards rave about their photography, so it must be amazing!

I totally know how you feel about your guest list situation! DF and I originally thought we'd be inviting around 85 guests. Somehow, it's quickly jumped to at least 110!! All my dreams of having extra moola for my lighted ceiling drapery in our reception area flew out the window with our quote to feed all those extra guests. It does make you wonder though, as you mentioned! Do people REALLY want to be at your wedding that badly? Or do they just want discounted rates and a good excuse for a Disney visit? Lol. Either way, I guess we get more wedding gifts and well wishes!

Anyhoo, I'm excited for you to go dress shopping! You're going to have so much fun! Try to get your sister to sneak some photos of you in the different dresses for us!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:59 AM   #24
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Everything sounds awesome so far. And I can't wait to read more....and see some dress pics!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #25
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
It sounds like you are really getting a lot done. That's great that you got the Roots, your engagement photos were gorgeous.

I do have to say make sure you check out that Alfred Angelo BM dress you like. I saw it when I was picking up my wedding dress and I would have been disappointed if I had ended up with it. The organza overlay did not lay right and the flower just looked cheap. I was surprised because it looks adorable in the photo.
Thanks! Sometimes I feel like hardly anything is getting done since nothing will be official with Disney until next month. We really loved the way the e-pics turned out! So we're super excited to have the Roots for our wedding!

I'm going to bring my sister and we're going to a shop that carries his line, so hopefully they will have that dress. That's disappointing that it didn't look as good in person, I'll have to see what I think of it when I see it. It does look super cute in the photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Congrats on booking Roots! All the girls on the boards rave about their photography, so it must be amazing!

I totally know how you feel about your guest list situation! DF and I originally thought we'd be inviting around 85 guests. Somehow, it's quickly jumped to at least 110!! All my dreams of having extra moola for my lighted ceiling drapery in our reception area flew out the window with our quote to feed all those extra guests. It does make you wonder though, as you mentioned! Do people REALLY want to be at your wedding that badly? Or do they just want discounted rates and a good excuse for a Disney visit? Lol. Either way, I guess we get more wedding gifts and well wishes!

Anyhoo, I'm excited for you to go dress shopping! You're going to have so much fun! Try to get your sister to sneak some photos of you in the different dresses for us!
Oh I know, there were so many things I wanted but can't justify it with so many guests. Exactly! Just gotta look on the bright side.

Lol, I will try to have her take sneaky pics, maybe she can pretend she's texting or something. We're going to go on Saturday so maybe it'll be crowded and they won't really notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate's Princess View Post
Everything sounds awesome so far. And I can't wait to read more....and see some dress pics!
Thanks! I'll definitely try to have some pics taken! If I can't swing that I'll at least find out designers and dress names so I can find them online.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #26
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

So today spoke to my sister to make sure she can go dress shopping on Saturday. Just have to call the shop tomorrow, they were closed today to make an appt. I also started calling a few different shops to see if they carried the Maggie Sottero Yara gown I like, and it was so hard to find it! After calling five stores, I did manage to find a store that had it so I'm going to go try it on tomorrow after work. I'll be by myself so no chance of sneaky pics, I'm afraid.

I'm so excited to actually be looking for my dress! Wow, sometimes it doesn't seem real! Some of the girls at work were shocked I'd go by myself, but I kind of like doing things by myself sometimes, especially shopping for clothing. Plus, I also used to work as a bridal consultant at David's Bridal, so I'm pretty familiar with the whole process and sometimes it was nicer when there wasn't the whole entourage, especially in the beginning.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!

I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #27
GoonieBride
Mouseketeer

Dress shopping hurray!!! I didn't get any shots of me in my dress either. the camera battery died. lol But i know how you feel, im very independent as well.
Good luck with dress hunting (and trying to sneak pictures!)
Off site, Very Merry Dec 2011
Off site, May 2012
Off site, Sept 2012
POP, Jan 2013
GoonieBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #28
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

OH yay!! I am such a sucker for wedding dresses. We went to 3 or 4 stores initially and then even after I bought my dress we went shopping one more time Have fun and enjoy it!! Can't wait to see what you pick!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #29
Stephie77
DH and I married at the most magical place on earth on 1-3-10

Welcome! Love your engagement story, it is so romantic! I love your engagement ring(we have the same one!) I totally agree with you with the price of a NY wedding(i grew up in rockland and live in brooklyn and all my friends' weddings have costed at least $40,000 and up). Disney is better priced and more fun!!! BTW-i tried on the yara dress at Manhattan Bridal in chinatown. You could always go there, try it and then order it from a different bridal ship-i did not love that shop but tried on my maggie dress there (different one but can't say b/c DF is always lurking on here-if you want to see it I can PM it to you) tand ordered it at RK Bridal in NYC. Some of her dresses are hard to find in stores around NY but hope that helps. Looking forward to hearing you plans!
Stephie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #30
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

Good Luck with your dress hunting! It's a lot of fun. I got away with cell phone pics, they usually don't even realize.

Let us know what you find!
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: