Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #76
DaPanMan
Mouseketeer

Cool

Just back from a quick day at Blizzard Beach. I coach my daugher's AAU team here in Michigan and we qualified and attended Nationals in Ft. Myers. Got eliminated on Monday and spend 2 nights at AKL. Not too bad.

Reminded me of: "Hey, you just lost at AAU Nationals!!! What are you gonna do!?!?!.........I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!"

Anyway, just planned our next trip, Feb. 6 - 11 at Boardwalk villas, and then off to the Wonder for a 3 night cruise.

Gotta love DVC!!!!
Disney World 2006 ~ SSR
Diseny World 2007 - SSR
Disney World 2009 - AKL
Disney World 2010 - BWV
Disney Cruise 2010 - 1st Cruise
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #77
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Just found the new thread....saying hello again as it's been a while! Been getting ready for our 2nd trip to WDW this year, end of August, beginning of Sept......free dining....here we come!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #78
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

Thanks for the new thread link. I don't post here much, but do look in to read up from time to time. One more month and I'll be packing for my (our) third WDW trip this year.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #79
MarkinNM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Only 119!!!

I am game!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #80
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Hey Dads,
I finally found the new thread. I have not been around for awhile but for good reasons. This has been a REALLY busy three months. Started out at the end of April with a trip to Disney for my 39th Birthday. What a great trip. I had planned on doing a full trip report and just did not have the time. I did get to meet a fellow Dis Dad (Emma's Dad) which was really cool. After Disney, I spent the next month getting caught up with work since I was off for a week to go to Disney. Baseball games and flag football games for the 9 year old have been have been keeping me busy as well.

Last year my MIL decided to organize a family reunion trip in June to Bermuda. We had already had our trip to Disney planned and half the trip payed for when we found out. Thankfully, she paid for the trip.

That was quite the experience. It statred out with the day before the trip. I spent all day Saturday June 20th either packing or helping set ujp and tear down our community art festival. I finally got home saturday night around 8 and began the final packing. My wife ran out to pick up some more stuff. The kids were asleep and all of a sudden CRASH from upstairs. I ran up to find my oldest son screaming. Here the ceiling in his room collapsed! Thank God it did not fall on him. What a great start to the trip.

We left out of New York on a Sunday, got to Bermuda on Wednesday and left Bermuda on Friday to come back to New York on the following Sunday. We saw the sun for a total of 1.5 days. We had steady rains, 30-40 mph winds and 12-18 foot seas. It started feeling like the Deadliest Catch. We did get to witness a 3 am middle of the ocean rescue of a small sail boat. We were the closest boat (or is it a ship? I was in the Army so I am not sure) in the area and rescued the poor guy. Ended up he lost his engines in 12 foot seas. My oldest son and youngest son were on and off with being sea sick the whole trip. My wife....well she was sick most of the cruise. Not sea sick.....morning sick!

Turns out right before we left for the cruise we found out that she is pregnant. It must have been the Disney Magic. I will be getting a brand new shiney baby for my 40th birthday.

Like I said it has been busy. Welcome to the CLub to all the new Dads out there. All Dads getting ready to go have a great time and have a Dole Whip for me!
This needs to be turned into a movie script!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #81
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPanMan View Post
Just back from a quick day at Blizzard Beach. I coach my daugher's AAU team here in Michigan and we qualified and attended Nationals in Ft. Myers. Got eliminated on Monday and spend 2 nights at AKL. Not too bad.

Reminded me of: "Hey, you just lost at AAU Nationals!!! What are you gonna do!?!?!.........I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!"

Anyway, just planned our next trip, Feb. 6 - 11 at Boardwalk villas, and then off to the Wonder for a 3 night cruise.

Gotta love DVC!!!!
Sorry to hear you didn't win, but you got to go to Disney World! That's awesome! So where's the ticker for the next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Just found the new thread....saying hello again as it's been a while! Been getting ready for our 2nd trip to WDW this year, end of August, beginning of Sept......free dining....here we come!
2nd trip this year... recession must be treating you well You gotta love FREE DINING! I hear the crowds have been quite low recently.. hope that continues for your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC-Don View Post
Thanks for the new thread link. I don't post here much, but do look in to read up from time to time. One more month and I'll be packing for my (our) third WDW trip this year.
THIRD TRIP! Wow... I really need to look into DVC! Glad you stopped by to give us on update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinNM View Post
Only 119!!!

I am game!!!
Only 20 more to be double digits... sweet!

I'm glad you guys came by to check out the new thread. I was able to send PMs to all the dads except a handful that do not accept PMs. It takes a while to do it since you can only PM 5 people at a time! Hopefully we will see some more dad's that haven't been by in a while. But I am getting worried about Fanatic... anyone hear from him yet??
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #82
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Check out this YouTube Video!

Skipper Dan!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #83
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

I had to edit this post... there is no live Podcast call in show tonight. It has been canceled due to the recent tragedy. You may read more here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2225674

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR

Last edited by Emma's Dad; 07-14-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: No call in show.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #84
colinsdad
DIS Veteran

Great to see we have another thread up!

Me and the family are heading back to Disney next month to celebrate my DS's 5th B-day at the Beach Club.

Any DIS Dads going to be at WDW the week of August 22-29?
My Disney Life Timeline - '73 CR 1st trip 3y/o, '74 Poly, '75 CR, '76 Disneyland, '77-80 (Offsite), '83 DWV, '85 '89 '91 (offsite), May '92 FWR, Mar '97 (BlueTree), Nov '97 (Westgate Lakes), Dec '98 Xmas @ OKW, Jan '00 Disneyland Paris, Sept '01 Trip Cancelled due to 9/11 God Bless America!, Oct '01 Disneyland, Oct '02 (Marriott Grande Vista), Nov '03 (Mystic Dunes), Sept '04 (Sheraton Vistana), May '05 All Star Sports, Nov '05 Disney's HHI, Jan '06 OKW, Oct '06 (Marriott Cypress Harbor), Oct '07 POP, Sept '08 BWV, May '09 VWL, Aug '09 BCV, Aug '10 (Marriott Sabal Palms), Mar '12 (Swan), Oct '13 (Marriott Grande Vista)
Old 07-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #85
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
2nd trip this year... recession must be treating you well You gotta love FREE DINING! I hear the crowds have been quite low recently.. hope that continues for your trip!
LOL, yeah. Actually, we were going to do an end of summer trip to the beach or something, but with free dining, and POP, it's actually going to cost us less to do Disney again than to go to the shore, LOL. Gotta LOVE free food!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 07-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #86
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsdad View Post
Great to see we have another thread up!

Me and the family are heading back to Disney next month to celebrate my DS's 5th B-day at the Beach Club.

Any DIS Dads going to be at WDW the week of August 22-29?
I only wish I was going. Our 16 year anniversary is the 21st... wonder if I can use that as an excuse to go?!?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #87
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
I only wish I was going. Our 16 year anniversary is the 21st... wonder if I can use that as an excuse to go?!?
Wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary, our daughters 7th birthday, and our son's 1st, LOL. Those are my REAL excuses for going twice this year.

- Dr. Seuss

Old 07-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #88
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary, our daughters 7th birthday, and our son's 1st, LOL. Those are my REAL excuses for going twice this year.
You guys don't look old enough to be celebrating 20 years of marriage!! I just checked out your Disney album... you have a great looking family! Your DD is too cute. I bet she's excited to be going back so soon

Old 07-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #89
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Check out this YouTube Video!

Skipper Dan!
ok, how did you find this?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #90
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
You guys don't look old enough to be celebrating 20 years of marriage!! I just checked out your Disney album... you have a great looking family! Your DD is too cute. I bet she's excited to be going back so soon
Hehe, thanks on the age thing....married VERY young.

We actually haven't told our daughter about the trip yet. We came back in June, and told her we would probably not be going again until her little brother turned 4.

SO, her birthday is July 30th. My wife wrapped a pair of mouse ears, a luggage tag, and a picture I made of her at Disney with a custom message saying we were going back again, put it in a box and wrapped it. I can't WAIT to see her face when she opens it!

- Dr. Seuss

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: