Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #16
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I have been three times during PW, each time at a value, and I can by NO means be considered Child Friendly. We experenced no significant issues, but we were also not located near a pool and had rooms that faced "away" from the main thoroughfare. We also typically eat very early in the morning at the food court. Evenings at the food court were loud mayhem, but we ate supper in the aprks.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #17
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
A bunch of preteen/teen girls loudly cheering on a bus at 7am make you want to take a hostage. Never again!

Heh... Well, taking a hostage might be a tad extreme, but I sure know what you mean...

I'm sure the Pop organization does a lot of good for a lot of young people, but it's their attitude at the resorts and in the food courts and on the buses that really steams me.

As I said earlier they seem to have no respect or concern for the other guests at the resort who are unlucky enough to be staying there at the same time...

I can't believe the adults that are supposedly "in charge" of the kids let them behave in such a 'we own the place' manner.

For many folks, a trip to Disney with their family is a 'trip of a lifetime' and a major expense. This thought seems to escape the cheerleaders who begin to screech loudly at six in the morning.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Joshua_me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
wdwgirl100
Mouseketeer

If the Pop kids can be out of control, does Disney ever do anything about it?
wdwgirl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #19
MICKFan
MICKFan

Please refresh my memory......when is Pop Warner?? I will be there Nov. 29 thru Dec. 5.
MICKFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #20
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKFan View Post
Please refresh my memory......when is Pop Warner?? I will be there Nov. 29 thru Dec. 5.
December 5 - 12 I believe are the dates.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #21
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

Okay .... never stayed at the same resort as Pop Warner and I'm getting scared!!!
I actually have 2 seperate ressies on AAA for Fri and Sat night 11/12th and another for 13-19th... do you think I should switch and do a split stay? I guess I could move over to POR or POFQ for my first 2 nights. Whadda ya think?
I really love CSR but I'm kinda hesistant about those first 2 nights.. the rest of the week at CSR will be fine I'm sure.
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668 View Post
Okay .... never stayed at the same resort as Pop Warner and I'm getting scared!!!
I actually have 2 seperate ressies on AAA for Fri and Sat night 11/12th and another for 13-19th... do you think I should switch and do a split stay? I guess I could move over to POR or POFQ for my first 2 nights. Whadda ya think?
I really love CSR but I'm kinda hesistant about those first 2 nights.. the rest of the week at CSR will be fine I'm sure.
All I can tell you is that it was mentioned that the Pop Warner guests would ALL be put in the Ranchos section at the CSR. We've never stayed with the Pop Warner kids so I can't tell you what the resort would be like.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #23
CurtisCandy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_me View Post
I agree as well. You couldn't pay us enough to stay at a resort while POP is there.

I don't blame the kids, we were all that age once. It's the 'chaperone's'. (and I use the term loosely) that are the problem.

They let the kids run wild, and do mostly whatever they want.

No one seems to care or realize that there are OTHER guests at the resort as well, many of which have scrimped and saved for a long time just to be at Disney with their families.

The loud cheer leading practices that start at sunrise are nothing short of totally obnoxious.

Shame on them.
We were there for Pop Warner '07 and I couldn't agree more!

Never again!
CurtisCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #24
omghidanielle
DIS Veteran

oh my god

I hope I never accidentally book a trip during this.

I'm 110% positive that I would ABSOLUTELY lose my mind!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #25
Mr. I Won't Rent Car
Earning My Ears

With so many complaints, I do not understand why Disney does not do something to control the situation. I do not expect them to stop the competitions but more security could be helpful. This will not affect me as I cannot visit during that time in December, but it bothers me that others will come away with a less than magical time at the world.
Mr. I Won't Rent Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #26
omghidanielle
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's necessarily a 'security' issue
Old 06-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #27
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Security has taken care of the fights and people were thrown out of a resort a couple of years ago.

However, as I posted on the theme boards, this is how I feel about the whole situation:

What cracks me up is the people who complain about the "Pop Warner" kids or any other sports group that attends an event at Disney and are at the parks or the resorts. Some of those same people should look at their own children who are not part of a group but can be just as obnoxius, loud, unruly, etc. I truly believe people forget what it was like to be a kid, or when their kids were kids, etc. Believe me, my kids were NOT angels when they were younger and they've had their moments as teenagers. But I knew when to step in and remind them of how they were expected to act.

I put a lot of the blame on the chaperones and the parents for their lack of supervision.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:40 AM   #28
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668 View Post

I'll be there Dec 12th-20th with Mark and my mom. I stayed at POFQ a few years ago when POP Warner was there. The parks were fine. The kids are usually in competitions all day. The food court in the mornings gets wild and they did start practicing their cheers around sunrise every morning in any open space they could find, which was not a good way to wake up every morning. They also take over the pools. The other problem with them is that they run in huge packs at night in the parks and at DTD. If they see another group they immediately start trying to outcheer the others. They are teenagers acting like obnoxious teenagers. The only problem is, that there are soooo many of them together. Oh, yes they also like to cheer on the buses at night coming home from the parks They couldn't care less about the parents on there with sleeping kids. Saying all of that, I have no intention of changing our resort. Supposedly CSR plans to put them all in the Rancho section. That's the one section I really dislike anyway. I'm requesting Cabanas or Casitas and just won't be spending any time at the main pool while they're there. Now if I happen to get assigned to the Ranchos on the 12th, you may hear me squawking loud enough to disturb the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion. Either that or if you are in another section, you may have three roommates that night. The only thing is, both Mark and my mom snore loudly, whereas of course I don't. lol If you get stuck in the Ranchos that first night, you could always come share our room. lol POP Warner should be gone by the next day.

Last edited by aubriee; 07-01-2009 at 04:52 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #29
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

By now the OP has learned the answer to the original question is--YES.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #30
exit30
Mouseketeer

We were at POR during Pop Warner a few years ago, never, ever again. I know many parents will claim there group is well behaved, but that's only true about a small percent. It didn't seem to effect the park, it was the resort issues, and I mean lots of late night noise, running around, yelling etc., we complained to security a number of times but they can only do so much. We even witnessed a mother and daughter that were there for the event, at the front desk complaining about some of the others. And I believe it was last year that two groups were told to leave in the middle of the night because of fighting. Rationalize all you want, but if you are staying at any of the resorts they occupy, be prepared.
exit30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: