Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #31
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

I only have to scan my fingerprint for free lockers.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #32
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Marauder View Post
I only have to scan my fingerprint for free lockers.
Not all of us are as lucky as you
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #33
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

I usually had problems with my scan too. This past time when I got my AP instead of doing it with my right hand like they tell you to, I did my left. I have less problems now.. don't ask me why.. my kids always have problems with theirs. For the most part, we do try to look for the people with the hand helds so we don't have to stand and try over and over. I do carry my (& kids) old AP with the pic on it for ID, but they never ask to see it when my scan doesn't work. They just keep scanning us with is crazy. We have ID.. at Disney, if it doesn't work the first try, I would just pull out ID and they waved me in..
I wish AP's would go back to having pictures on them.. it would save time & I also wish there were AP entrance lines.... that would cut down some time for everyone.. kind of like an express lane.. wave your card with your pic on it & in you go.... wham bam thank you mam....
Old 07-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #34
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
I usually had problems with my scan too. This past time when I got my AP instead of doing it with my right hand like they tell you to, I did my left. I have less problems now.. don't ask me why.. my kids always have problems with theirs. For the most part, we do try to look for the people with the hand helds so we don't have to stand and try over and over. I do carry my (& kids) old AP with the pic on it for ID, but they never ask to see it when my scan doesn't work. They just keep scanning us with is crazy. We have ID.. at Disney, if it doesn't work the first try, I would just pull out ID and they waved me in..
I wish AP's would go back to having pictures on them.. it would save time & I also wish there were AP entrance lines.... that would cut down some time for everyone.. kind of like an express lane.. wave your card with your pic on it & in you go.... wham bam thank you mam....
My AP is one of the old ones with my picture on it, they still scan my finger. Same wtih the boys.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #35
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
My AP is one of the old ones with my picture on it, they still scan my finger. Same wtih the boys.
now that is dumb!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:44 AM   #36
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
My AP is one of the old ones with my picture on it, they still scan my finger.
Me too.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #37
Pooh Fan
Mouseketeer

I wonder if you have the same lady we had back in 2007. We had one 7 day free child ticket left over from a previous trip, so we only bought 3 admissions. Long story short, on the first day, DD used the free kid ticket while DS who was 8 used the adult ticket. No one said anything. Then on day 6, an older lady yelled at DD that she should not be using a child's ticket and she did not have to let her in. The rest of us had all gone in already and DD started to cry. I tried to explain what happened and show her that DS who was eligible to use the free child ticket used the adult ticket by mistake. She didn't seem to listen just kept lecturing DD about stealing from Universal and that she should be ashamed of herself. She finally let DD in and we did complain. We were told that she was just doing her job so we did our best to let it go. She should not be able to treat people that way--just a grumpy old lady.
Pooh Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: