Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewell View Post
That is so strange no one had asked us to sign our tickets in three days!
maybe they had heat stroke......
or just didn't think or looking at the tickets/pass.

most tm's don't really look at the passes unless they, the passes, don't go thru and give them the "green light".

if i had an issue with a TM, i would make contact with guest services while i was there.

once i leave the parks and back at home, i forget any bad issues i might have had.
well, except one issue...

anyhoot, i'm sorry you encountered a TM that wasn't guest friendly and supportive.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

My DH always has a problem with his finger, we have AP's and every time he goes thru, he has to do it like 3 times. Me and my ds not so much, maybe twice at the most, but US finger scans are the WORST!!!

bouncycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #18
Narnia_girl
DIS Veteran

does everyone have to scan their fingerprint? and what do they compare it to? We bought our tickets from ticketmaster, will we have to do fingerprint scan?

Narnia_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #19
Dertbag
Earning My Ears

Everybody that goes into the parks has to do the fingerprint scan. I had a similar experience as the OP, and the lady asked me "When did you buy your ticket" or "How long have you had your ticket". The ticket was 2 days old. Kinda pissed me off, but the thing finally worked.
Dertbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #20
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

I wonder if it was the same lady I had back in 2006. I was with a group of friends going to HHN. Some of us had AP's and were told by the AP sales person for the HHN tickets that we could bring guests in after 4pm even though they did not have park tickets, as long as they had HHN tickets we could take them in with us.

We arrived after 4pm. I had my AP on a lanyard around my neck. The guest services person was a lady in her 50's or 60's with dark hair. She told us we could not bring the guests in even though that is what we were told prior. She kept arguing with me that I had an AP and could come in. I told her I was not coming in and leaving part of my group unable to come in until HHN. She finally jerked my lanyard from around my neck and was trying to swipe my pass. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. This lady was by far the rudest Universal employee I have ever encountered. I really should have gone to Guest Relations and reported her! I was just floored! Lucky my lanyard had a connector and was not just one piece or my neck would have been sore for sure!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #21
kpadalik
DIS Veteran

I'm another person that wonders if we had the same lady. We were there a couple weeks ago and as we were entering IOA (we are AP holders), my finger wouldn't scan. The rest of my party was already in and this lady, in her late 50's maybe, would not let me in until my finger scanned. She scanned both index fingers and both middle fingers several times. After about the 5th scan, I said, "Can't you just check my ID? I have it right here." I tried showing it to her and she responded very nasty, saying "You are just going to have to wait a minute ma'am. I have to scan your finger and you aren't being very patient." I had to pick up my jaw off the ground. She still went on, scanning my finger. I told her to forget it and I would go to another line. She said, no, I'm not allowed to do that. What!!!!????? She scanned my finger one more time and lo and behold, it worked. What a fiasco. I marched my butt over to Guest Services to complain. All I got there was "she is just following policy". No apology, nothing. I'll tell you, this was my first year as a Universal AP holder and I think it will be my last. It's one thing for a TM to say that (even though they shouldn't), but for "Guest Services"? I don't think so!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #22
Purseval
DIS Veteran

My son and I were staying at HRH and we wanted to get tickets for HHN billed to the room. It wasn't working and the CSR called a Supervisor on us, questioning us all the while like the lady was doing to you. I told him that he was making us feel like we were thieves plus he was wasting our day. They ended up giving us the HHN tickets for free. Don't take any guff, you should have went and complained right away. If you do they usually try to make it right for you.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BigKIdz View Post
I wonder if it was the same lady I had back in 2006. I was with a group of friends going to HHN. Some of us had AP's and were told by the AP sales person for the HHN tickets that we could bring guests in after 4pm even though they did not have park tickets, as long as they had HHN tickets we could take them in with us.

We arrived after 4pm. I had my AP on a lanyard around my neck. The guest services person was a lady in her 50's or 60's with dark hair. She told us we could not bring the guests in even though that is what we were told prior. She kept arguing with me that I had an AP and could come in. I told her I was not coming in and leaving part of my group unable to come in until HHN. She finally jerked my lanyard from around my neck and was trying to swipe my pass. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do. This lady was by far the rudest Universal employee I have ever encountered. I really should have gone to Guest Relations and reported her! I was just floored! Lucky my lanyard had a connector and was not just one piece or my neck would have been sore for sure!

in some past years, 06 was one of them, there was an AP holder special event where you would pay a certain price and be able to attend the AP pre hhn party.

it was held at a specific section in the park.

you had to sign up in advance for it on the AP site.

maybe your friends did not sign up and have the tickets for that event.

the AP holders could take a non ap holder/friend with them for that event as long as they had the tickets for it.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

It is policy I guess and it is at both resorts. We've had problems at both Universal and WDW and had to go to Guest Services at WDW a few times.

I don't like those fingerprint things at all!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #25
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia_girl View Post
does everyone have to scan their fingerprint? and what do they compare it to? We bought our tickets from ticketmaster, will we have to do fingerprint scan?
Your finger is scanned the first time that you use the pass. Then finger scans on subsequent visits are compared with the first scan.

Unfortunately, quite a few people have had problems with the scans. When we went this last October, the scan wouldn't work for my mom, so they used my dad's finger for both of them. My wife and I have APs and it usually takes 2 or 3 times before the scan works. It's a flawed system that either needs to be fixed or removed in my opinion.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #26
jewell
Mouseketeer

Yep, sounds like some of you have had bad experiences too. I understand her following the rules, but she didn't have to be so rude.

I am a bank teller and I have never been that rude to anyone in my 12 years of working as one. The only times I've gotten a little rude is only when someone is being extremely rude to me, but even then usually the best way to settle down a rude person down is by being nice. So I know what it's like to work with the public, still no one deserves to be talked down to. Oh well, like I said, it certainly wouldn't make me not go back, but they have to come up with a better plan than finger print scans, especially when they don't even work right half of the time.
jewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #27
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
in some past years, 06 was one of them, there was an AP holder special event where you would pay a certain price and be able to attend the AP pre hhn party.

it was held at a specific section in the park.

you had to sign up in advance for it on the AP site.

maybe your friends did not sign up and have the tickets for that event.

the AP holders could take a non ap holder/friend with them for that event as long as they had the tickets for it.

nope we didn't sign up or have special tickets as this is the first I have heard of that. I have an AP and spoke with the guest services person myself as well as another AP holder and neither of us were told about this special event. We were only told we could enter the park with our guests after 4pm. No big deal, we still had a great time, it was the employee jerking my AP off my neck that upset me.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #28
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

if you go this year, check the ap site and /or newsletter for the AP party that is held prior to hhn event. Some years they have it and some they don't.

last time it was $10 to get in and you could take non ap friends.
there were some freebies involved for those involved.

i don't do that party anymore as i met up with chainsaw wolf homies and dis homies at finnegans for food and drink prior. then i just hang with them in the S $ S area for the all clear.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #29
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

I didn't realize people could get in without any finger print problems. Honestly every time we go they have to try it several times. It's such a pain.

Sorry the lady was so hateful to you. There is no reason for it.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #30
Akdar
Proud Something or Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The scanners are a major sore point for me too. I have the old AP with my picture on it and sometimes my print won't work. So...they stand there and try to scan it 10 times before looking at the picture only to realize we are the same person.
Same with me, this past trip in May was the 1st time I didn't have problems with the scanner, not once, that was really weird. But in the past I had to show them my AP with my pic on it...... We'll see how it goes in October??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: