Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
ladycollector
UCF Knights!

I, and the person I went to see it with both enjoyed it. But we're also 19.

I think it was a young, silly, suggestive, action movie. Nothing more nothing less.

Because of the language and sexual content, I probably wouldn't take anyone younger than 14..
Old 06-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #17
twinmomplus2new
DIS Veteran

movie

Took my almost 9 year old twin son's who loved it. They did however get all the jokes and innuendo. Didn't bother me though, they have heard much worse on the bus.
twinmomplus2new is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #18
tinatark
DIS Veteran

We were surprised at the amount of bad language used, even more so than the suggestiveness.

We liked it... guess they have to throw the trash in there to get it rated Pg13...

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movie...s/a0004696.cfm
tinatark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #19
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

It's rated B+ by Yahoo users. I plan to see it and expect nothing more than a simple-minded summer popcorn movie. Just what I'm in the mood for.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #20
beautybelle
DIS Veteran

We saw it last night and loved it.

2 thumbs up from the Vandyke family. (aw, only a one thumb smilie, too bad)

Have to agree about the language though, it was a shade rougher than the first movie.
beautybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:41 AM   #21
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
Yes, he will like it. I (and my DS 17) were a little disappointed in the language and suggestiveness of this one compared to the first one, but the special effects were amazing. We just felt a little funny sitting there with some of the goings-on with a theatre full of 9-12 year olds. Some unnecessary stuff, in our opinion.
I don't know if it was all the reviews I read beforehand about the language, but it did bother me. Especially when seeing kids 5 and under. My husband actually complained about the crotch shots. He would have loved them, except you are speaking of a movie that one of the very first credits is for Hasbro. It just wasn't necessary for all of it to be in the movie.

Other than that, we did enjoy the movie. Visually fantastic, especially on the Imax screen.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
jmskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 AM   #22
Patch'sD
DIS Veteran

$200 Million in Five Days, Again the Public speaks and the critics eat crow. Maybe will be one of the additional five for the Oscars
Patch'sD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #23
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinatark View Post
We were surprised at the amount of bad language used, even more so than the suggestiveness.

We liked it... guess they have to throw the trash in there to get it rated Pg13...

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movie...s/a0004696.cfm
Thanks for the link, I think I'll hold off on letting my kids see it.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #24
Darsa
Has an active imagination
Can't sleep with socks on!

LOL, my DD and her boyfriend (and several of their friends) went to see this. On the ride home I asked 'em if they liked it, and before DD could say anything BF says "yeah!". I could almost HEAR my DD's eyes roll, and she said "it's great if you're a nerd." We all laughed, because I'm married to a self-proclaimed nerd, and BF is proud to say he's also a nerd.

Be a hero, because you can't take it with you!

In memory of my mom 1/12/44 - 3/25/10 I wish I could have helped, I'm so sorry!
Darsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #25
jamimb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch'sD View Post
$200 Million in Five Days, Again the Public speaks and the critics eat crow. Maybe will be one of the additional five for the Oscars
Just because a movie makes alot of money does not make it a good one. Some of that $200 million came out of my own pocket and I thought it was horrendous(Spelling??) I know several people who contributed to that $200 million and thought it was awful as well. Actually I have yet to meet someone in person who liked it. You could hear the grumblings from the audience though as we left the theatre and I was glad I was not the only one who thought it sucked. This movie made Twilight look like an Oscar contender.

Last edited by jamimb; 06-29-2009 at 09:40 AM.
jamimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #26
Mr.MouseFan
Is a line cutter
The TF knows who you are!
Performs random acts of kindness

It was a summer popcorn movie. No less, no more. It was light on story, heavy of special effects and explosions. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Is it a cinematic masterpiece that'll be shown at Cannes? Not in the least, but take it for what it is and you will enjoy it!
'11 Port Orleans Riverside
'12 Art of Animation
'07 '09 '14 - Disneyland
Mr.MouseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #27
3boymthr
DIS Veteran

My family really really enjoyed it. My youngest just turned 7, my oldest is 13.

There was a lot of swearing and sexual content but as I posted somewhere else 99.99% of it went right over his head and that of his older brothers...

It's truly a summer action flick that rates up there with all those other blockbuster summer action flicks in the minimal plot, lots of explosions interesting effects genre.

Definitely not The Piano, but then again, that's not what I went there even remotely expecting to watch.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
MELISAZACK
DIS Veteran

Me , DH and DS11 saw it last night- LOVED IT! full of action from start to finish and leaves and opening for another one in the future.
I don't know why you wouldn't like it if you like the first.. Our Audience applauded at the end. the graphic are good. Language wasn't horrible and I too could do without the crotch shot part but pg13 you get what you get...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #29
pandora174
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boymthr View Post
My family really really enjoyed it. My youngest just turned 7, my oldest is 13.

There was a lot of swearing and sexual content but as I posted somewhere else 99.99% of it went right over his head and that of his older brothers...

It's truly a summer action flick that rates up there with all those other blockbuster summer action flicks in the minimal plot, lots of explosions interesting effects genre.

Definitely not The Piano, but then again, that's not what I went there even remotely expecting to watch.
Yup my DS 6 1/2 all the questionable content went over his head. He just loved the robots & the action. Did I know it was pg13 yup but I don't remember the last one being so suggestive. Do I regret taking DS, not really he loved the special effects & robots & explosions. He understands it's all make believe & I've explained acting & pretending & he understands that. Geez he loves ghost stories & scary movies & doesn't even flinch. My Dh hates ghost stories so it's hilarious when my DS puts on cartoon network's new series "Othersiders" & the 42 adult male walks out of the room while the 6 year old kid screams in glee

pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #30
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

It absolutely topped the first one especially in special effects and the wow factor. I fell asleep during the first one (didn't even see it in theaters), but was on my toes the whole time during the second one. The language is really terrible and wouldn't take a young child for that reason alone.

It is going to be shown at our IMAX theater in a few weeks and I am going to see it again then, because that can only make it better, and we saw it on the "Big Screen" at the regualr local theater.

I NEVER pay full price to see a movie and usually wait until they comne out on DVD or BluRay to see them, but this one was worth full price, all the noise, the family that kept crawling across us and the cheering teens at the back of the theater.

Suzanne

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: