Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
mom2boys
Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 switchbacks & 2500 vertical feet down and ALL that way back UP to the rim!
I always wondered why, of all the animals on earth, they would pick a hippo

Transformers movie - is it as bad as they say?

Please don't post any spoilers

We were planning to go see this tomorrow but now that we've heard the reviews, we are having second thoughts. DS is especially concerned about the special effects - the wow factor, not the artist quality. So if you were a 14 year old boy who liked the first Transformers movie, do you think you'd like the current Transformers?
Old 06-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Yes, he will like it. I (and my DS 17) were a little disappointed in the language and suggestiveness of this one compared to the first one, but the special effects were amazing. We just felt a little funny sitting there with some of the goings-on with a theatre full of 9-12 year olds. Some unnecessary stuff, in our opinion.

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
vegasnative
DIS Veteran

Me & Dh liked it, our sons all loved it, although they are younger than your 14-year old. But if he/you liked the first one, then he/you will like this one, imo.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #4
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
Yes, he will like it. I (and my DS 17) were a little disappointed in the language and suggestiveness of this one compared to the first one, but the special effects were amazing. We just felt a little funny sitting there with some of the goings-on with a theatre full of 9-12 year olds. Some unnecessary stuff, in our opinion.

I liked it, but I agree with this. The language and suggestiveness did seem worse in this one. It was a fun movie though.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Df and I really liked it. I agree with the above...the language at times suprised us a bit. It did get a little long at times but we really liked it!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Mickeyistheman
DIS Veteran

I am a HUGE movie buff and in the past several years no longer really pay attention to the reviews. I love Roger Ebert but lately I don't understand how he can pan a movie of this magnitude.

The CGI and special effects are insane, crazy, powerful, totally awesome!!!!!

Ummm as for the language...I didn't really notice that at all. It is PG-13 so they can only say so many curse words so that confused me.

Its worth the money and I was also impressed with Shia and even Megan Fox.

It is one of THE best action movies I have seen.
Mickeyistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

We saw it yesterday. DH liked the first movie better. I thought it was a little long, but amazing special effects kept me entertained. There were some moments when the language caught our attention. But all in all, I'd say we enjoyed the movie. We just didn't think it was as good as the first movie. We're not sorry that we saw it though.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Nik's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
drivencrazy
DIS Veteran

It's funny to hear over and over that it seems long... as it is only 7 minutes longer than the last one! But then again, I don't remember if we thought the last one seemed long or not!

I am looking forward to seeing the movie as everyone that I have talked to that has seen it loves it. I have not heard (from friends and family) anything bad about it.

My 14 year old daughter went and seen it yesterday and she said that it was great and can't wait to see it again.

Don't know when I will get to see it, but like I said, am looking forward to it!
drivencrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
ma2jr
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed it
ma2jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Ohiodislover
DIS Veteran

We are planning on going Thursday evening. Can't wait.

My 10 year old was disappointed that it came out while she was away from home. She didn't think her Grandma would want to see it
Ohiodislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

I LOVED it--it's almost better than the first. Don't expect a ton of story and you'll be cool.

If you liked the first, you'll enjoy this one.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

As for the language--it wasn't so much swearing as sexual in nature...
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:33 PM   #13
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

My 15 yo daughter and her friend saw it the other day and really liked it. I had no idea it was so long and showed up to pick them up about 80 minutes after it started. Good thing I brought a book because it was about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
ZachnElli
Is it Spring yet?
Bad weather or not, you need more than 4 boxes

I thought the first one was very suggestive in a sexual nature, so these reports don't surprise me. I was surprised with so many talking about taking their young kids, just because it's the Transformers. I guess that's just me though.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #15
jamimb
DIS Veteran

I just started another thread on this very subject. I'll repeat here what I posted there! Terrible, terrible terrible (there are not enough terribles in the world to convey) movie! I went with my DH, sis, and her DH. We are all fans of the first movie and we all liked it very much so we were excited about this one. Boy what a dissappointment!! Right up there with the top 5 worst movies I've ever seen! REALLY! My sister looked at me when it was over and said "Well there's 2 and a half hours of my life I'll never get back! i wanted a refund! I have a real hard time believing anyone could have liked it. It was the first movie that I seriously considered walking out of in the middle of!
The action was dumb the plot and jokes not only crude but lame. In my book it had no redeeming qualities. It's a shame too cause I was looking forward to it!
jamimb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: