Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #31
theweave
Mouseketeer

I just found out tonight that SW is doing this at Pop and am THRILLED! I am staying at Pop and 99% sure I am flying SWA out of Buffalo! This will be perfect for me!

Another reason to love SWA!!!!

2009: Offsite
2010: Pop Century!
theweave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #32
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

A SW rep is quoted on FT as saying the 60 day test at POP went well. The service is popular with passengers. The quote said SW will be asking Disney for permission to expand the test to include additional resorts.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #33
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMcV View Post
Hi Gang

I sent an email to Southwest asking if the RAC would be available to AKL for the end if August. Here is the response I got....

Dear Andrew,

Over the years we have heard from many Customers who have asked us to consider participating in Disney's Magical Express shuttle-and-luggage service, and we have certainly listened. Although we won't be offering this amenity at all Disney resorts, we're happy to share that we have launched a pilot program for guests staying at Disney's Pop Century Resort and will be flying on Southwest Airlines. These Customers will be able to check in for their flights and drop off their luggage before departing for Orlando International Airport.

While we don't have a definitive date as to when we might offer this service at other Disney resorts (since this initiative requires extensive time and programming to implement), please know that it is our goal to eventually expand this service to Southwest Customers staying at other Disney resorts in the future. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process, and we hope to see you onboard when your travels take you to "The Most Magical Place on Earth."

Sincerely,

Debbi, Southwest Airlines
and this is yet another reason I LOVE SouthWest! What a lovely and polite email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
A SW rep is quoted on FT as saying the 60 day test at POP went well. The service is popular with passengers. The quote said SW will be asking Disney for permission to expand the test to include additional resorts.
thanks for this info!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #34
disneyeveryyear
Not fully packed until she gets on the plane and then there’s always Wal-Mart!
Disney Lover!!!! (I think I am addicted to exclamation points!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swabikedude View Post
I thank y'all for flying with SWA and using the new service @ the POP - I hope it is working well and encourage everyone that has used the service and/or wants to use the service to submit some feedback to Southwest via the website below....we now accept email inquiries...so that is something new and very simple to fill out and submit.

But I bet if we hear from enough folks out there - the expansion of the Resort Airline Checkin service will expand quickly!

Thanks again for the feedback - happy y'all enjoy the service!!!

https://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/feedbackEntry
Done!
Old 08-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #35
cjb1879
Earning My Ears

Is this only available for passengers using ME? We are renting a car for our September trip and naturally will not be utilizing ME going to or from POP, but it would be nice to check our luggage at the resort on departure day!
cjb1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #36
LimeGreenEd
Mouseketeer

RAC is a completely seperate service from ME. You do not need to ride ME to use RAC. Please see the Sticky at the top of this Forum, "What Participating airline means".
Have a good trip.
LimeGreenEd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: