Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #16
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

It was embarassingly bad. WHO keeps handing Michael Bay a paycheck??? The man needs to be stopped. I LOVES me some Transformers (the toys)...grew up with a toybox full of them (big fan of the Dino-bots), but the film was just lousy.

Plot holes big enough to drive Optimus Prime through...pretty sure there isn't a giant abandoned airfield with mountains in the back ground behind the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.

HUGE editing/continuity flaws.

The "Wayans Bros." Auto-Bots were an afront to to...well...everybody.

This one ranks just a hair above Twilight. I'm holding out hope for GI Joe in a few weeks. I am a huge "popcorn" movie chick. Big 'splosions, big action, big F/X and I'm a happy camper. The movie had plenty of those, but was short on plot, substance and decent acting.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #17
LuvCuteBoys
Doing good is not a competition

I ♥ Michael Bay!
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #18
Jennasis
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvCuteBoys View Post
I ♥ Michael Bay!
I figured somebody must. Lucky for him I loved The Rock (and to a lesser extent, Armageddon) otherwise I'd never shell out $9 for his movies ever again.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #19
shortbun
Peacenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
It was embarassingly bad. WHO keeps handing Michael Bay a paycheck??? The man needs to be stopped. I LOVES me some Transformers (the toys)...grew up with a toybox full of them (big fan of the Dino-bots), but the film was just lousy.

Plot holes big enough to drive Optimus Prime through...pretty sure there isn't a giant abandoned airfield with mountains in the back ground behind the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.

HUGE editing/continuity flaws.

The "Wayans Bros." Auto-Bots were an afront to to...well...everybody.

This one ranks just a hair above Twilight. I'm holding out hope for GI Joe in a few weeks. I am a huge "popcorn" movie chick. Big 'splosions, big action, big F/X and I'm a happy camper. The movie had plenty of those, but was short on plot, substance and decent acting.

Yeah, I was like WHAT????? when they walked through the wall and there was a big air strip of old planes behind Air and Space, lol!!!! BUT...we LOVED the twins!!!

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
shortbun
Peacenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4Life11 View Post
I understand what a PG13 movie is, I just thought it was kind of crude with the dorm room posters and humping dogs. And can I just ask, do people REALLY think humping dogs are funny? Seriously, how many movies do they do this in! It's old and unoriginal.

Oh and I was also annoyed by the two autobots, the ghetto/hip hop ones. They were actin' a fool and I kept wishing the decepticons would just do them in!

Yeah, the whole humping dog thing is old but adolescents love it and they are the ones in the theatres for the PG13 movies - which is THE biggest audience rating. Many teens will not even consider a film if it's not at least PG13. Not my idea, just the facts Jack.

As I said before, we LOVED the comic relief of the 'twins.' We are middle America types-mid 50's with a teen ager and we really thought they were funny. 'Course I like most hip-hop and R&B these days too!

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #21
Rebelmom67
DIS Veteran

We loved the "twins" too! They were a riot. Our favorite was the "oh no, he got so ate"....lol, it was a great movie.
Rebelmom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #22
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

The twins were hella funny!!

disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #23
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

I thought the special fx were amazing! The action was great. I didn't notice the language. I could have done without the one anatomically correct decepticon though, but my husband thought it was hilarious, go figure. The plot was a little sketchy and I had a hard time understanding what some of the bots were saying. The mom cracked me up! My husband liked this one the best but I think the first one was better, it had a much better storyline.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #24
Smooshdog
Dis Vet & Galactic Hero

Location: Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the hall.

I thought the movie was great. Good action and just fun.

And for those of you questioning the language watch the cartoon movie from 86 and it has some bad language in it. The human Dad drops the old s word when they see Unicron, Ultramagnus says a bad word.

And also arugments that are now made about the twins were made in reference to the dinobots years ago.

It's a movie about alien robots that also had Megan Fox, how could it not be great?!

Shared pictures from our 2011 disney trip here!

Photography Blog Here

Facebook Here

Last edited by Smooshdog; 06-28-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Smooshdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #25
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
DS (13) and I just got back, and both thought it was just amazing. We liked it even better than the first one. I sure didn't think it was "smutty" at all, and language is just letters and sounds to me -- I have never been one to get hung up over one word being "bad" and another not.

I thought the action was incredible, as well as the special effects. We don't spend money on movies very often, but I'm seriously glad we went.
ITA...and we just loved it...even better than the first.

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:59 AM   #26
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

I just saw it today and loved it. Plot holes? Who cares. If you are going to a Michael Bay movie for plot then you are in trouble. Who cares about plot when there is humor, crude jokes and explosions. Not to mention larger than life robots and Josh Duhamel. I think just looking at Josh Duhamel is worth the admission alone.

I thought Jetfire and Wheelie were the best. Though I wish there was more Ironhide and Arcee.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:27 AM   #27
kellydizfan
DIS Veteran

There were 4 of us that saw it yesterday afternoon for $4.00 a piece. WE all loved it. It was DH 46, DD15, DS8 and myself 43. The twins were funny!!!!! I loved the mom. She was so funny when she ate the weed brownie - that was the best part of the movie. I know alot of the crude parts went right over my DS8's head by the expression on his face. That movie had so much action too it - I was lost on the plot at first and then it all came together and I understood it. Regarding the dogs, we thought it was funny as my Morkie does it to my Aussie all the time and he is much smaller. It is a dominance thing between 2 males. I decided to see it over My Sisters Keeper as I wanted to see it on the big screen. I SO WANT BUMBLEBEE - I want that car!!!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! I am not a yellow car fan but what can I say I loved it! Overall a great movie and was not disappointed! And yes we have all seen the first one also.
OKW 8/11-8/16/13, CSR 12/8-12/13/13, POP 8/24/11-8/31/11, Nick Hotel 8/4/09-8/6/09, POR 7/28/09-8/4/09-DS B-day, Eastern DCL 4/08, Europe 3/08, Hawaii Cruise 07, OKW 3/07, AKL 8/06, Europe 4/06, BCV & SSR 10/04, BCV 2/03 & DVC Cruise, POR 5/02, CBR 5/96, CBR 5/91, DL 8/87, Offsite 83 & 75
kellydizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
Jennasis
PLINKO baby!

Does anyone know if Wheelie's voice was Steve Buscemi? I missed that part of the credit.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #29
Scurvy
Kungaloosh!

Quote:
Does anyone know if Wheelie's voice was Steve Buscemi? I missed that part of the credit.
According to imdb it was Tom Kenny, who is the voice of Spongebob. Though now that you mention it he did sound sort of like Buscemi!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #30
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
According to IMDB Tom Kenny voices Wheelie and Skids. From his IMDB profile he is a prolific voice actor. His resume includes Spongebob Square Pants, Kim Possible and Futurama.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: